Any Other May 2008 Applicants still waiting ??

teejaygb

Hi all,

Just feeling really pants today - our visa journey seems endless...........

Was wondering whether we are actually the last ones on POI not to have got our visa yet.

We started back in August 2007 - then changes to TRA and vetasses meant we had to wait until September 2007 to get started - OH passed all Vetassess assessments by December 2007 then IELTS was required to get enough points - massive waiting lists - finally passed requirements April 2008 - lodged visa May 9th 2008 online.

Medicals Sept 2008 & pC's - Meds finalised on screen November 2008 - put on CSL Jan 2009 - taken off CSL March 2009 - Applied WA SS 17th March 2009 - approved 6th July 2009 - STILL NO VISA ARRRGGGHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh::arghh:

Sorry for the outburst !!!!!!!

Anyway would like to know if anyone else in same boat so we can all moan together ???

Tina

OH applied for skills assessment back in 2006 and it took ages to come through, we gave agents

all the info back in Jan 2008 and it was May 2008 by time it was received into DIAC for 175 so we

are still waiting as well, we have completed police clearances twice at this stage and in 18th week now of waiting for state sponsorship so know exactly how you feel. Totally fed up with it

and its really hard listening to people who decided to go this year giving out about how long they are waiting, god help them if they have had to have the same wait as us lot

We havent even received our state sponsorship yet so at least you have managed that bit so yep we are behind you

Guest stuart68

Hi,

I am getting desperate also, but I sent off an enquiry to ASPC using the online form. Please have a look at my post "Application Time".

ASPC got back to me after I pointed out that I thought I had been overlooked. I did not realise that they had no way to check the online applications to filter them and order by date and current priorities.

So point out how you meet the current priority for processing and they should help.

Good luck,

Stuart

Hi,

I am getting desperate also, but I sent off an enquiry to ASPC using the online form. Please have a look at my post "Application Time".

ASPC got back to me after I pointed out that I thought I had been overlooked. I did not realise that they had no way to check the online applications to filter them and order by date and current priorities.

So point out how you meet the current priority for processing and they should help.

Good luck,

Stuart

Thanks Stuart for your help, we have had to do 176 now due to OH being taken off CSL so fingers crossed we will get to Oz by October at this rate, cant see us getting

visa before that.

OH applied for skills assessment back in 2006 and it took ages to come through, we gave agents

all the info back in Jan 2008 and it was May 2008 by time it was received into DIAC for 175 so we

are still waiting as well, we have completed police clearances twice at this stage and in 18th week now of waiting for state sponsorship so know exactly how you feel. Totally fed up with it

and its really hard listening to people who decided to go this year giving out about how long they are waiting, god help them if they have had to have the same wait as us lot

We havent even received our state sponsorship yet so at least you have managed that bit so yep we are behind you

Hi Maisie,

Nice to know we are not the only ones - we got our WA state sponsorship after 17 weeks thereabouts it is such an awful time I really know what you are going through. If you want to let off steam and have a rant feel free anytime. Let me know how you get on. Whereabouts you hoping to settle in OZ ?

Tina

Hi,

Good luck,

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for that info - I actually just sent an enquiry first thing this morning after i logged on and saw no changes. I have explained that meds finalised back in Nov 2008 but expire in Sept so any chance of prioritising our application now we have State sponsorship - fingers crossed.

Hi Maisie,

Nice to know we are not the only ones - we got our WA state sponsorship after 17 weeks thereabouts it is such an awful time I really know what you are going through. If you want to let off steam and have a rant feel free anytime. Let me know how you get on. Whereabouts you hoping to settle in OZ ?

Tina

Hi Tina

thanks a mill, we were going to head to Perth but now we are going to go to Newman.

I find you get so fed up with waiting and cant plan nothing in advance and sometimes you do just get pure sick of it, will be well worth it and for you having kids you will

have great lifestyle for them, thats what we want down the line and nice to have

safe environment for kids.

What part are you going to?? Are you excited or nervous about going at this stage

Just excited now - I can't wait much longer though its driving me nutty !!

Work sounds fab - whats it doing perhaps you can take my hubby with you - he can earn lots of money whilst I stay at home with the kids LOL. Thats the one thing he is worried about - work - obviously with us having 3 kids its hard for him to give up a constant stream of work here to go to the unknown - although he does have a contact in Joondalup (just north of Perth) who has offered to give him a job - building. He is self employed in the UK his own boss (a builder / bricklayer) so him having to work for someone will take a bit of getting used to again. When we finally get the visa we will be heading to Joondalup / Mindarie / Quinns Rocks area. I'll take a look at Newman on the map - you've got me intrigued now.

Tina

Just excited now - I can't wait much longer though its driving me nutty !!

Work sounds fab - whats it doing perhaps you can take my hubby with you - he can earn lots of money whilst I stay at home with the kids LOL. Thats the one thing he is worried about - work - obviously with us having 3 kids its hard for him to give up a constant stream of work here to go to the unknown - although he does have a contact in Joondalup (just north of Perth) who has offered to give him a job - building. He is self employed in the UK his own boss (a builder / bricklayer) so him having to work for someone will take a bit of getting used to again. When we finally get the visa we will be heading to Joondalup / Mindarie / Quinns Rocks area. I'll take a look at Newman on the map - you've got me intrigued now.

Tina

Newman is basically mining village about 12 hours north of perth. OH is carpenter so

we are going to stay up there, basically a lot fly in and out of it, diff if you have a family but we were in Joondaloop there last year on our honeymoon, its gorgeous up there and brill for kids having the beach and everything, the shopping centre wont be far from you there either although its impossible to beat the shops in UK though I think,

clothes seem to be so far behind out there but suppose diff way of dressing, more comfort than anything else.

We cant wait to get going out there, ps you wont be impressed when you see Newman its basically beside the desert from what I hear :laugh:

Guest Sebbers

Hi,

Glad to see it's not just me that gets wound up when people moan about how long they've been waiting! We too are in a similar situation my oh applied to TRA back in August 2007 just as the changes were announced resulting in his skills assessment being refused. We decided not to apply to Vetassess for the first set of assessments in Dec 07 but to wait for the ones in April, only to find we missed the deadline and had to wait until the next set of tests in July 2008. We finally submitted our 175 visa application in October 2008 to be over the moon to find his trade was on the csl only for us to be brought back down to earth like so many other trades in March when the construction trades were removed from the csl. We have been lucky enough to have been given our approval for SS from WA albeit a 17 week wait so I know exactly what your going through just hang in there I wouldn't have thought you will have too much longer to wait, so don't feel bad about wanting to let off steam!

Jen

Jen

Guest alansgirlfriend

Hiya

Me and my partner have been waiting ages as well. My partners a mechanic and sat his test in April 2008 and passed. Full application was submitted in June 2008. Medicals and police checks completed January 09. Then told my partners occupation was no longer on the CSL. We've only just applied for SS today and was told to expect to hear something within 3 months. On reading some of the threads, you's have all waited longer than that and I didn't realise you still had to wait on your visa after that. I thought your visa was authorised once your SS was authorised. Is it realistic to aim for January 2010 ? Also, we want to settle in Perth. This was our first priority region on the SS. Has anyone been sent to any other region other than the one they wanted ?

Also, our house has been on the market since March and still not sold it :no:

Hiya

Me and my partner have been waiting ages as well. My partners a mechanic and sat his test in April 2008 and passed. Full application was submitted in June 2008. Medicals and police checks completed January 09. Then told my partners occupation was no longer on the CSL. We've only just applied for SS today and was told to expect to hear something within 3 months. On reading some of the threads, you's have all waited longer than that and I didn't realise you still had to wait on your visa after that. I thought your visa was authorised once your SS was authorised. Is it realistic to aim for January 2010 ? Also, we want to settle in Perth. This was our first priority region on the SS. Has anyone been sent to any other region other than the one they wanted ?

Also, our house has been on the market since March and still not sold it :no:

Hi there,

State sponsorship is taking much longer than they quote - when we applied we received confirmation email from them stating expect 4 - 6 weeks and 16 weeks later we finally were approved !! But at least we were approved and now hopefully things will start moving again for us.

If you get SS for WA you can live anywhere you wish within the whole of WA. If you applied for Regional State Sponsorship that is when they state you must live in nore remote parts of WA. I presume you'll just have gone for the State Sponsorship same as us. We hoping to settle in Mindarie / Joondalup area.

Guest alansgirlfriend

Hiya

Thanks for the reply. I've queried the sponsorship thing with my agent. When we completed the survey though, it asked us to list at least 2 regions in western australia we'd be interested in staying in. Did you have that on your form ?

On reading the e mail that my agent sent me, it does state ' State sponsporship' not 'Regional State'.

Got myself worried now. I remember my agent saying the difference with the SS is that you have to agree to live in that area for 2 years. Is that what you have been told as well ?

Guest krishau
Hi all,

Was wondering whether we are actually the last ones on POI not to have got our visa yet.

We started back in August 2007 - then changes to TRA and vetasses meant we had to wait until September 2007 to get started - OH passed all Vetassess assessments by December 2007 then IELTS was required to get enough points - massive waiting lists - finally passed requirements April 2008 - lodged visa May 9th 2008 online.

Medicals Sept 2008 & pC's - Meds finalised on screen November 2008 - put on CSL Jan 2009 - taken off CSL March 2009 - Applied WA SS 17th March 2009 - approved 6th July 2009 - STILL NO VISA ARRRGGGHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh::arghh:

Anyway would like to know if anyone else in same boat so we can all moan together ???

Tina

hi i am also in same position applied for WA SS 8/3/09 recvd 8/7/09 sent form to WA same day through email as of now didn't hear anything from DIAC

krishau

Hi all,

Tina

You've been waiting ages, really feel for you!! I think we would have gone mad if we had to wait that long. We really struggled with the wait and we only applied Nov 08.

In the end my wife suggested I phone DIAC, if nothing else to ask them when we could expect a decision to be made either way. As it turned out i called them the next day at 0630hrs (uk) to be told we had a email that would answer my questions. To cut a long story short we were granted our 175- yipee!!

Hope you hear soon and keep your sanity in the mean time!!

Archived