any one living in western suburbs of sydney? Hill district and surrounding?

Guest tjmac

Guest tjmac

Hi we moved to western suburbs of Sydney in dec 07 from Kent, England.

Is anyone else living in the western suburbs, if so where abouts are you and do you like it where you are?

How are you finding Sydney? Or do you wish you had moved to a different state?

We like it one minute then hate it the next.. I think we're still trying to adjust.

tara

:confused:

Guest sk1nny

Is anyone else living in the western suburbs, if so where abouts are you and do you like it where you are?

We like it one minute then hate it the next.. I think we're still trying to adjust.

tara

Which burb??:hug:

tara

Hi Tara,

I've lived in NW Sydney for almost 43years. At first I lived in Ryde and for the last 38 years in the Hills District. My suburb was very new when I came. Seemed so far from anywhere! Very few amenities. Now there is about anything you could wish for. Shopping, restaurants, cafes, good schools etc. However,public transport is the pits and it's 45 minutes from the beach, but I'd say most people have pools. I have brought up 4 sons here and would be loathe to leave. Going into the city isn't a problem. I drive to Seven Hills and catch the train. Where are you?:spinny:

Guest tjmac

We're currently in Kellyville Ridge, but when we first got here we moved to Winston Hills. We loved it there and felt alot more settled and happy there than where we are now. We had amazing neighbours and made friends pretty quickly through our sons pre-school and football, but the neighbours etc are not too friendly here!

We're currently in Kellyville Ridge, but when we first got here we moved to Winston Hills. We loved it there and felt alot more settled and happy there than where we are now. We had amazing neighbours and made friends pretty quickly through our sons pre-school and football, but the neighbours etc are not too friendly here!

You should have stayed in Winston Hills! These new suburbs are shocking. In most cases both husband and wife have to work to finance the big house on a tiny block. Are you renting or buying? I believe there are a few houses for sale and rent in Winston Hills. I think it is always wise to stick to established suburbs. You may have guessed that I live in Winston Hills.:smile:

Guest loobyloo

Hi, we arrived in Rouse Hill in 2004, from rural leicestershire. Honestly it took us about 2 years to settle when we purchased a house on a large block in Beaumont Hills, and now absolutely love it . Why not try joining the Rouse Hill Rams Sports Club on Commercial Road, Rouse Hill. (caters for all ages and abilities)

There are many friendly and social events to be had there.

Guest sk1nny
Hi, we arrived in Rouse Hill in 2004, from rural leicestershire. Honestly it took us about 2 years to settle when we purchased a house on a large block in Beaumont Hills, and now absolutely love it . Why not try joining the Rouse Hill Rams Sports Club on Commercial Road, Rouse Hill. (caters for all ages and abilities)

There are many friendly and social events to be had there.

This is a far more useful post for OP than previous one to yours....:dull:

This is a far more useful post for OP than previous one to yours....:dull:

Sorry you didn't like my post. The OP indicated that they liked where they had lived previously and I simply pointed out that it was an option to move back there. I happen to dislike all those new estates along Windsor and Old Windsor Roads. In the main they consist of big houses on tiny blocks. That area used to be beautiful. The older established suburbs of Baulkham Hills Castle Hill, Northmead, Winston Hills etc are much nicer places to live.:yes:

Guest loobyloo
sorry you didn't like my post. The op indicated that they liked where they had lived previously and i simply pointed out that it was an option to move back there. I happen to dislike all those new estates along windsor and old windsor roads. in the main they consist of big houses on tiny blocks. That area used to be beautiful. The older established suburbs of baulkham hills castle hill, northmead, winston hills etc are much nicer places to live.:yes:

maybe you ought to try living in one before passing judgement

and if you had looked in to living in one you would have soon realised that there are many large houses on large blocks, they are no different from the older suburbs other than the established trees!!!!!!

Guest sk1nny
Sorry you didn't like my post. The OP indicated that they liked where they had lived previously and I simply pointed out that it was an option to move back there. I happen to dislike all those new estates along Windsor and Old Windsor Roads. :SLEEP: In the main they consist of big houses on tiny blocks. :no:

That area used to be beautiful. The older established suburbs of Baulkham Hills Castle Hill, Northmead, Winston Hills etc are much nicer places to live.

Guest sk1nny

and if you had looked in to living in one you would have soon realised that there are many large houses on large blocks, they are no different from the older suburbs other than the established trees!!!!!!

I agree..

Ellie 2 needs to remember the forum is for everyone, so if I didn't agree with her that's a valid opinion....my valid opinion....I live in a very nice "well established, leafy green, affluent" suburb I consider far nicer than Winston Hills...however you did not hear me slagging off her suburb or promoting mine. Get over it Ellie 2. :wacko:

I agree..

Ellie 2 needs to remember the forum is for everyone, so if I didn't agree with her that's a valid opinion....my valid opinion....I live in a very nice "well established, leafy green, affluent" suburb I consider far nicer than Winston Hills...however you did not hear me slagging off her suburb or promoting mine. Get over it Ellie 2. :wacko:

Oh, come on! I don't believe I denegrated your opinion. I simply stated mine and quoted your post as it suggested that I had been unhelpful. I didn't "slagg" of any suburb, simply expressed my opinion. As you stated that is what these forms are for! I'm very pleased that you like where you live and don't particularly care if you consider it a better suburb than mine. Think your the one who "should get over it!"

I have seen these suburbs. Don't like what I see, but I am pleased that you are happy with where you live. We are all different.

Blimey, where did that come from.

We are looking at the Hills district for our forthcoming move and I was finding ALL of the replies very helpful.

Well, I was until people started getting nasty. Why do they have to be like that? If I don't like someone elses posts then I would normally just put my differing opinions forward, I don't think I have ever slagged anyone off on a forum.

So....can we get back to helpful advice Re the Hills area please?

Guest tjmac

Winston hills is very nice but the new builds further out are also very nice! No, they're not for everyone.. but how would we ever get new suburbs and houses if they wasn't built! Maybe not built as well and with as much land as the older style homes but that comes down to greed from the councils etc! More houses mean more money! We have a decent sized back yard, enough room for our three kiddies to run around.. actually bigger than the garden we had in Winston hills!!! But like i said before we liked Winston hills because of our neighbours and it was more central for the city etc.

BuddysMum: Winston Hills is lovely as well as Baulkham Hills. Baulkham Hills was actually voted best area to live in! Low crime rates etc.

Hope you find a lovely home, whether it being hills district or further out. Good luck with the house hunting. X

Archived