Say it aint so...

Guest KIKI

Hi All

Quite alarmed my friends mother has just returned from NSW to advise me the clothes in OZ are expensive and not nice (her words). All PJs are winciet?? Kids stuff limted etc

Don't they have GAP etc

Now im a bit of a shopper clothes house goods Im not too choosy will I be able to cope.

Please tell me its not so.

kiki

Hi Kiki

Visited Oz for a few weeks and toured a little, but I have to say some of the shops were bad but see some nice stores too. Depends where you live, alot of the places i.e. Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne have cities and it is the city where you will find the nice clothes, I know that Gold Coast had Prada and Mango, infact see a few Mango stores. They all have department stores as well where you can get your designer clothes (like at debenhams) can't think off hand what their department stores are now. But all in all they clothes are there you just got to find them. As for kids clothes there is alot of surf shops and the girls and boys all love the surf wear you also got shops that are similar to Primark where my 14 year old niece likes to go and buy lots of t-shirts and jeans etc... Didn't look at the Pj's so can't help you there! Surf shops are not that cheap but are quite a good quality, the names such as Billabong can be expensive but alot of the tops have the UV protection in them.

nice thongs though!!!!

You'll love it, don't worry x

Guest Abi&Dan

Myers is one of the big department stores - just like Debs - don't worry!! (though I remember it having a v naff check logo so might be bad eighties retro by now! lol)

Myers is one of the big department stores - just like Debs - don't worry!! (though I remember it having a v naff check logo so might be bad eighties retro by now! lol)

Yeah, thats the department store I was trying to think of. It's ok bought my OH a Tommy H shirt from there, they also got Ralph L and Ben sherman etc.... Some of the Myers were better than others...

:cute:

my friends mother has just returned from NSW to advise me the clothes in OZ are expensive and not nice Please tell me its not so.

kiki

Dear Kiki,

IT SO IS TRUE!!! We all have to wear bin liners here..unless you're posh and can get a potato sack.

Yours fashionably,

LC.

Guest Hayley370

Kdal for a minute you got me all excited, then I realised you mean the surfwear mango. For a minute I thought you meant the ladies clothes shop Mango.

I think I must be one of the lucky ones, I live on Brissy southside and I can't get enough of the clothes shops. However better for women than the blokes or kids. I used to buy mine and the kids essentials from H & M and GAP, I used to but from Warehoue, River Island, Mango e.t.c.

I've found for basics (if you have a good scratch round) BIG W, Kmart and Target are all good. Ladies shops - Sportgirl, Supre e.t.c are good, Temt I really like and Portmans are good although a little dearer. Have to say with all of them there Summer ranges were better than the new winter ranges (all a bit o fashion victimy for my liking).

Kids shops - Pumkin Patch is nice but can be quite expensive, Kids Central do Osh Kosh, Espirit and some other makes. Trade Secrets do Osh Kosh for discount prices, can get some great bargains.

So that's about it, I have to say though my oldest has grown out of all his jeans and my youngest desperately needs body suits and every day pants, what I would do to be able to nip into H & M today!!!!!!!!

However I will remain that it is only because of what you are used to, now it's just a case of finding the places, which unfortunately takes time.

Apparantly there are a load of clothing warehouses near the airport, does anyone know about this?

Guest Hayley370

Kdal for a minute you got me all excited, then I realised you mean the surfwear mango. For a minute I thought you meant the ladies clothes shop Mango.

I think I must be one of the lucky ones, I live on Brissy southside and I can't get enough of the clothes shops. However better for women than the blokes or kids. I used to buy mine and the kids essentials from H & M and GAP, I used to but from Warehoue, River Island, Mango e.t.c.

I've found for basics (if you have a good scratch round) BIG W, Kmart and Target are all good. Ladies shops - Sportgirl, Supre e.t.c are good, Temt I really like and Portmans are good although a little dearer. Have to say with all of them there Summer ranges were better than the new winter ranges (all a bit o fashion victimy for my liking).

Kids shops - Pumkin Patch is nice but can be quite expensive, Kids Central do Osh Kosh, Espirit and some other makes. Trade Secrets do Osh Kosh for discount prices, can get some great bargains.

So that's about it, I have to say though my oldest has grown out of all his jeans and my youngest desperately needs body suits and every day pants, what I would do to be able to nip into H & M today!!!!!!!!

However I will remain that it is only because of what you are used to, now it's just a case of finding the places, which unfortunately takes time.

Apparantly there are a load of clothing warehouses near the airport, does anyone know about this?

Hi Hayley370, Yeah it was Mango the ladies clothes shop! Think it was near the Prada Gold coast when we went to Surfers Paradise around that way. In Brisbane I know its not clothes but they even had Evelyn and Crabtree and love there Source range.

x

For all your Mango ladies clothes lovers who live in Australia or who only want to move where there is a Mango (LOL) :biglaugh:

Here where they are :-

Circle on Cavill Mall

Shop 05/06

3186, Gold Coast Highway - Surfers Paradise

GOLD COAST 4217

Doncaster Shopping Centre

Shop 250

619, Doncaster Rd.

MELBOURNE VIC 3108

03 9848 9733

Highpoint Shopping Centre

Rosamond Road

MELBOURNE VIC 3012

393 188 400

London Stores Building

Shop 2

345 Bourke St.

MELBOURNE VIC 3000

396 508 899

Doncaster Shopping Center

Shop 250

619, Doncaster Rd.

MELBOURNE VIC 3108

9318 8400

Chadstone Shopping Centre

Shop 009

1341, Dandenorg Road

MELBOURNE VIC 3148

03 95 64 8050

Hay Street Mall

727 Hay St.

PERTH

02 9321 9388

Bondi junction

500, Oxford St.

SYDNEY

02 9386 0691

Galleries Victoria

George St.

SYDNEY

02 9267 2692

Looks like there at most places apart from Adelaide (drat thats my other choice of where to go in Oz, but I suppose that do ordering on line lol)

Happy Shopping

x

the clothes here are not as good as the uk and they are very behind the fashion this is the words of my friend who is from the uk and has lived in oz for 14years !!!!

The only shops i have seen that they have here and in the uk are:

The Body Shop

Avon Shop

Laura Ashley

Ikea

have a look at www.erinafair.com this is our local shopping mall to where i live on the central coast it will give you some of the fashion shops in the mall and you can have a look on there websites

It ain't so.....

Lol. The clothes over here are fine. Nice. I like them anyway...Plenty of baggy blouses, too short floral trousers that look like curtain fabric, blazers with thick wide shoulder pads, lots of leopard print...You know...Stylish stuff.

It ain't so.....

Lol. The clothes over here are fine. Nice. I like them anyway...Plenty of baggy blouses, too short floral trousers that look like curtain fabric, blazers with thick wide shoulder pads, lots of leopard print...You know...Stylish stuff.

OMG lots to look forward to then. I suppose its where you go like anywhere. Friends mother was in Sydney so atleast I thought they would have some decent stuff there. She said for a baby gro plain (cheap looking) it was $12. You get a pack of 3 in Asda for three squid. I love a bargain and I do know Target so will look forward to that. Please say there is a TARGET in Adelaide.

Thanks for all your responses KIKI

Guest Hayley370

Ohhhhhhh I am so excited! I now have 36 hours to think of an excuse to drag hubby and kids down to the Gold Coast! Many an outing to be had on the Gold Coast on a Saturday via my fave clothes shop!

Bless you again you've made my day!

Hayley370

Enjoy your shopping, you'll have to let us know if you bought anything? And if the Mango in Oz is any good? It looked a lovely big store to me, only didn't go in as was covered in sand from the beach!

regards

Guest Impatient

Too many girls (or ladies!) on this site! Crikey girls, get yourselves into the surf wear and enjoy the sun! Was rather planning on living in shorts when I get there, was rather hoping you were all going to be tanned and scantily clad by the time I arrive!

Mods, please feel free to ban me at this point, it only gets worse from here! Is it really 3 years until I can go....

Guest Impatient

Although, having just been counselled by Mrs I about my views, I am beginning to understand your needs! Ow!

Guest koala12

Hi

Well I wouldn't be caught in a pair of wincyette PJs and there are other alternatives here believe me!!!

My youngest daughter (22) was out here for a long holiday and she's a real fashion victim and she found plenty to spend my dollars on!!!There are Westfield shopping malls everywhere and if you go to http://www.westfield.com.au you can search out a mall near where you are or will be living and see what shops there are there!

Guest koala12

Hi,

There is a DFO (Direct Factory Outlets ) at 1 Airport Drive, Brisbane Airport. I've not been there but passed it a couple of times when I flew into Brissie on the way to the Sunshine Coast. I've been to the DFO in Sydney and that was ok so this is probably worth checking out.

Guest Impatient

Ali, phew, thanks for that, promise to be on best behaviour from this point, honest.

Well, I will try anyway...

Archived