Hello everyone - Derby to Queensland!

zippyderby

Hi all, we are new to Poms in Oz!

Briefly we are a family of 4 hoping to be in Oz July 2010.

We've done the TRA bit.

Applied for State Sponsorship and are now waiting!!!!....not sure what for though lol :smile:

At present we are in Derby UK and hope to be moving to Qld where we have friends.

debs:hug:dave

Guest ragdoll annie

Hi Deb,

I'm sure i know you from somewhere! lol

I'm keeping fingers crossed for you

Annie x

Hi guys 2 replies already!!! thanks x

Yeah mandymark we have subscribed to that thread and are on the list just above yourselves. Our application was received by QLD 31st march, so we've just entered our 12th week?!!...I think!!lol

We are hoping to head south of Brissie Coomera downwards.....poss Helensvale area.

What about yourselves?

debsx

Hi Debs

Lol, shows how much notice I take doesnt it? Sorry, I've given up looking at the list, just keep reading the latest news! We're only in our 4th week of waiting, so not holding out on hearing anything before August time.

Not sure where we're heading yet. M-in-law lives near Beenleigh but she's looking at moving, buying land and building in the Coomera/Tamborine area. When we last visited, I really liked Regatta Waters and Coomera area, but now looking north of Brisbane. All depends on work for OH when we get out there.

Hope you hear something soon.

Mandy x

Hi

Welcome to Poms, we dont have SS and were not going to QLD but we are from Derby lol

where abouts are you, we are in Chellaston

Claire

Hey hi the elliot-family! we are in darley abbey.........but hopefully for not much longer lol

I know chellaston well......i went to noel baker school many years ago:wink:

When do you hope to be in Melbourne?.....funny you're just down the road from melbourne now!!!

debsx

Hi Debs,

Welcome to PIO... Its a very useful site and many useful people on here with lots of useful information!!!

I hope you dont have to wait too long for your SS. This waiting game is a bit of a pain really, when we started all this we never thought it would take so long!

Good luck to you and best wishes

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi Debs,

Welcome to PIO... Its a very useful site and many useful people on here with lots of useful information!!!

I hope you dont have to wait too long for your SS. This waiting game is a bit of a pain really, when we started all this we never thought it would take so long!

Good luck to you and best wishes

Tasha :wubclub:

Cheers Tasha!!!

bit of a roller coaster isn't it? aaarrrrgghhhhhh lol:wacko:

Good luck to you guys too!!

debsx

Hey hi the elliot-family! we are in darley abbey.........but hopefully for not much longer lol

I know chellaston well......i went to noel baker school many years ago:wink:

When do you hope to be in Melbourne?.....funny you're just down the road from melbourne now!!!

debsx

Hiya

Hubby went to Noel Baker too, Ian Elliott he was there until 1985/86,

We would like to be in Oz by Feb 2010 at latest to get jack in the new school year, but the sooner the better really it just depends on the house selling which has all gone quiet at the moment

Claire x

Hiya

Hubby went to Noel Baker too, Ian Elliott he was there until 1985/86,

We would like to be in Oz by Feb 2010 at latest to get jack in the new school year, but the sooner the better really it just depends on the house selling which has all gone quiet at the moment

Claire x

I left 82......did go to school with an Elliot?!!....can't for the life of me remember his first name........think he was quite a tall lad?

Exciting but stressful all this emigrating mularky!!

Aiming for next summer as our eldest will have done his GCSEs by then.

debsx:wink:

Archived