Moving Companies and Prices

Matt R

Hi All

I'm after a bit of advise in regards to who will give a good price on moving home from the UK to Australia. We had a quote from a company today (PSS) for sharing a container from Manchester to Brisbane which came to £2500. I'm not sure if this about right, cheap or exspensive but to tell the truth i was bit shocked at the price. I was hoping for about £1000. If any one could give me some advise as to how to bring the price down or point me in the direction of another company it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Guest HOPKINSON'S

Hi Matt,

we had Whites removals around thurs he said we would only need a half container .He has to go back to do us a proper estimate but siad it would be around £2000 i hope so,just wondering if u could buy it all new in Adelaide instead of all the worry

Hi Matt' date='

we had Whites removals around thurs he said we would only need a half container .He has to go back to do us a proper estimate but siad it would be around £2000 i hope so,just wondering if u could buy it all new in Adelaide instead of all the worry[/quote']

Hi. If you go on John Masons website theres a pic of a house and you click on various items that you would take it then gives you a comparison from shipping to buying new in Oz.

Guest HOPKINSON'S

Thanks for that had a word wi oh we are definetly taking them as they are sentimental to us but as i am a joiner i had all my power tools includid n tool boxes .The quote came this morn it was just under two grand just as he said,but that does'nt include taxes n insurance ,ive read a post on here you can get insurance for 1.5% they quoted me 3% so i will chase them up thanks ,Max.......

Thanks for that had a word wi oh we are definetly taking them as they are sentimental to us but as i am a joiner i had all my power tools includid n tool boxes .The quote came this morn it was just under two grand just as he said' date='but that does'nt include taxes n insurance ,ive read a post on here you can get insurance for 1.5% they quoted me 3% so i will chase them up thanks ,Max.......[/quote']

hi

are your tools 110 v as I believe its all 220v here and daft plugs

Archived