New Aus Gov event in Manchester

_shel

I applied for the Australia Needs Skills Expo, now to be held in London only as Manchester was cancelled.

I have just received the following email from them

Further to your interest in the Australia Needs Skills expo, we would like to make you aware of the Australian State and Territory Government Migration Open Day to be held in Manchester on Sunday 21st June.

For full details and to register, please refer to the attached flyer.

Regards

Australia Needs Skills Expo team

Australian High Commission

London WC2B 4LA

The attachment directed me to web site australianstates.co.uk where you can register interest.

They're looking for

• Doctors
  • Nurses
  • Allied Health Professionals
  • Engineers
  • Trades and Construction Workers
  • Information Technology Professionals

Assuming I have not been invited to the Expo, oh well, I'll see if they invite me to this one & hope this is of some use to people.

Shel

Hi,

I got an email today also inviting me to the london expo, and I am a fitter who is no longer on the CSL. I don't understand why they are still inviting people who they know will not get a visa in the short term. maybe the goverment have realised they need some skills in the short term to get them through the next few years. gonna be a long old trip as I live near Blackpool. might ring them and see if I can change to the Manchester one if not I am off to London for the day.

It is odd, I've seen a few posts of people envited who are not on the csl but assume the states know what they need regardless.

The event I mentioned in Manchester is not a full Expo, it's an open day so you might still want to go to London?

Archived