Money transfers+banks

pez2008

In a few months i will need to transfer about £70k to a bank in Geelong Victoria can i open an account from here(uk) and get my bank to transfer it or do i need to use someone like Halo finances. Obviously i want to do it the safest and cheapest and companys like Halo will charge (not sure how much). Just wondered what other people did or are going to do.

Guest mc27

Hi

We are going to use HiFx. It is really easy to register with them and they will not charge. Instead they take some funds out through giving you less of an exchange rate. This still works our much cheaper though and you are able to give them an ideal exchange rate. They will only buy the currency for you once the rate has reached that level.

In a few months i will need to transfer about £70k to a bank in Geelong Victoria can i open an account from here(uk) and get my bank to transfer it or do i need to use someone like Halo finances. Obviously i want to do it the safest and cheapest and companys like Halo will charge (not sure how much). Just wondered what other people did or are going to do.

Hi pez2008

Try The Commonwealth Bank of Australia. The have a branch in London and will set it up for you. I also found that the exchange rate they offered me was just as good as other FOREX companies I contacted.(2007).

Mike

Archived