UK phones in Oz

Phoenix

Lol phones and electric lights....I'm definately getting rid of the lorry load of candles I've bought:jiggy:

Yup, and we also have tv too:biglaugh: although I wouldnt bank on that delivering what you need!

Guest proud2beaussie

The link that Quoll provided is very informative.

Cordless phones are reasonably inexpensive here anyway and sometimes Telstra will give you a "free" cordless phone if you sign up to a landline package with them,so in short I really wouldn't bother about bringing your old phones with you,maybe sell them on Ebay if you have another phone

you can use.

the phones should work, but yo need to change the cable from socket to phone (little square plug). If you look closely they have 4 wires in them, UK use 2 of the wires, Oz uses the other 2. You should be able to get a 4 way wired plug in UK (we bought in Oz for about $5)

This works for a lot of people, however, we had a fairly expensive BT phone, colour screen etc and ... doesn't work. The DECT handset is fine using an Oz DECT main base unit. Shame as I could have sold the UK phone quite easily. Hoping it will work in the next rental, maybe a line thing, but may be a phone thing.

As others say, technically needs to be Oz approved for connection to a line and you can buy over here easily enough.

Archived