Mandurah mums/dads meet up???

Hi

We have been living near Mandurah since November and starting to feel like we have become trapped in a little bubble - would really like to get out and about and meeting more new people, especially for our kids - Danny is nearly 13, Adam is 7 and Natasha is nearly 3.

Have tried to get Danny into a soccer team nearby but have struggled (we missed the start of the season, so he couldnt get a place) and Adam is quite shy so struggles to make friends.

Would just be nice to get together with like-minded people every once in a while - anyone interested??

Jill x

Guest Ozzy7

Hi Jill, we live just up the road from Mandurah in Secret Harbour, we have 2 boys age 14 & 16, there looking to make new friends and so are we so if you fancy a meet up let me know x

Guest Ozzy7

Yep were still up for a meet up, evenings and weekends would be better for us as we both work full time, what about this long weekend anyone want to meet up?

Hi guys,

thanks all for the response!! sorry i havent been back on to reply to any of you, we seem to have had the "plague" running through our house this week, kids been ill so not been on computer much.

Definitely up for a meet, weekends good for us too - Mandurah foreshore is always a good bet - let me know when is best for you all...????

By the way, steve goz, we are originally from Doncaster, just down the road from you!! Small world, eh??!!

Hi We moved to Mandurah in January, we live in Seascapes, Halls Head. myself-Nana, my daughter & grandson age nearly 6. We have made a few friends but would love to meet more people. We go to the welcome to Mandurah group which meets every Wednesday morning at 10am at Catch 22 at Dolphin key, just turn up very informal & friendly.

Guest Belle4

Hi

Have been living in Halls Head since August 08. Loving every minute but could do with making a few more friends!! Would definately be interested in meeting up!

Emma, Andy, Lauren (12) and Megan (10)

Guest Belle4

Hi all

Has anything been arranged yet regarding, a meet in Mandurah?? Everyone seems to have gone quiet!!! Still interested, is anyone else??!!

Emma

sorry guys, didnt mean to start this post and then not keep on with it - ive had 2 little ones back and forth to hospital this last week, so not been on here much.

Definitely still up for a meet tho, sorry cant make the 28th - my dad is arriving from the uk that day (lost my mum 6 weeks ago, so hes coming over for a well deserved break).

would love to still meet up with everyone tho, even if i miss that meet, ile def be up for another one

xx

Guest Ozzy7
Yep, we're still up for it!! Just waiting for someone to say when! How about Sunday 28th June down at the foreshore? Around 3pm ish? :wubclub:

Lynn x

Thats ok with us :jiggy:

sorry guys, didnt mean to start this post and then not keep on with it - ive had 2 little ones back and forth to hospital this last week, so not been on here much.

Definitely still up for a meet tho, sorry cant make the 28th - my dad is arriving from the uk that day (lost my mum 6 weeks ago, so hes coming over for a well deserved break).

would love to still meet up with everyone tho, even if i miss that meet, ile def be up for another one

xx

Blimey, you've really been through the mill lately. Is there a weekend that's better for you? Don't want you to miss out x We're free most weekends, so it's not a problem for us. I just pulled a date out the air!

As for plans in case of bad weather, perhaps Murphy's or The Dome?? Not really sure - not used to this sort of weather!!

Take care :hug:

Lynn

xxxxx

Guest Belle4

The 28th sounds great, but can make any Sunday if it needs to be changed. Will definately be there.

Emma, Andy, Lauren and Megan

Guest gary n

Hi Emma, met Andy this morning at work who has kindly inited us for a coffee, so may meet you before.

Gary & Heather ( Seascapes)

Anybody had anymore thoughts on meeting up at the foreshore? Would a date in July be more suitable for everyone - especially sadsmile23? Hopefully we can get something arranged soon xxxxx

Lynn x

:hug:

hi lynn

yes, end of july would be better for us, if you dont mind waiting!!! we have family visiting over the next few weeks, and a wedding to attend too, but still would like to make a meet-up

thanks

xx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Netty999panda

Hi there,

We received our State Sponsorship from WA today (woo hoo!) and have pencilled in a reccie to Mandurah for the last week of August. We plan to fly out on Friday 21st and would very much like to meet up for coffee/lunch during the following week to get an insight into everyday life in Mandurah.

Not sure if any of you have a regular weekly 'group get together' which we could crash? If not, would be pleased me meet up with anyone who can spare us some time to share your experiences of living the reality...

Guest carolynr6280
Hi there,

We received our State Sponsorship from WA today (woo hoo!) and have pencilled in a reccie to Mandurah for the last week of August. We plan to fly out on Friday 21st and would very much like to meet up for coffee/lunch during the following week to get an insight into everyday life in Mandurah.

Not sure if any of you have a regular weekly 'group get together' which we could crash? If not, would be pleased me meet up with anyone who can spare us some time to share your experiences of living the reality...

Hi

There is a group meeting in Mandurah every Wednesday morning called Welcome to Mandurah. Very friendly group of people who have an informal catch up over coffee. Meetings are held at Catch 22 on Dolphin Quays from 10am - 12pm. Children are welcome too. If you want anymore info please contact me, I have been living in Mandurah for 6 months now and loving every minute of it!!!

Carolyn x

Does anyone know if this Mandurah meeet up is going to go ahead?? Is anyone still interested. This Sunday the weather says fair. Or maybe over the next couple of weeks.

I am not too clued up on Mandurah so would not like to suggest a place..so any suggestions anyone.......

Sue x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mandy H

Hi Everyone

We have been in Mandurah since 17th July, Halls Head, we would really like to meet up with everyone to. We cannot make the Weds morning coffee as I work fulltime, off this morning though and only just seen this thread lol.

We are free most evenings, and weekends, the foreshore sounds good for the weekend, what about the dome on Doddis beach in the evening it always seems quite in there after 7pm and they are open till 9pm in the week and 10pm Fri and Sat

We are up for any suggestions, would be great to get to know new people.

Thanks Mand

Archived