heating wa style..

Jackboots

just wondered bar the wood burner which we don't have is it cheaper to heat the house gas or electric ? any thoughts, it has been mentioned gas was cheaper , which is totally opp to uk , well was for us ! its blerdy cold here now though, wish id brought my thermals ...:skeptical:

Guest Guruju

Hi Sharon

Gas is usually better - cheaper, efficient, warms better and nicer to look at a gas fire. Electric expensive, less efficient heating, not nice as good to look at as flames on a gas fire. Wood fires - need to check with your council, many have banned wood fires. If not banned then I'd not use one personally because

a) its hard work building it and maintaining it,

b) fumes due to carcinogenicity

c) wood can work out to be very expensive as you end up buying from servo or wood delivery business

d) DEC does not allow clearing of natural areas for wood although there are designated areas you can take wood from they tend to be miles away

e) using natural wood can be dangerous if you select the wrong type.

f) Smoke fumes can be quite toxic for small children to breathe in.

We have a gas fire in the lounge for Winter and it heats the whole house also have electric blanket on bed and an electric throw blanket (for my old dog when she sitting with me) and reverse cycle aircon for most rooms.

Hope that helps

julia

Guest kdal
We have ducted reverse cycle air con in all the rooms which we can zone - so it's not on in rooms that aren't being used

Yes thats the best way to do it, although fleecy pj's and socks are a much cheaper way:biglaugh:

Wood burner in rental ,gets warm burnt my arse when i sat on it

Lol ... could only happen to you Mal .... actually I was just thinking about you and you answered my post ... psychic connection ( .. play twilight zone music)

Yes thats the best way to do it, although fleecy pj's and socks are a much cheaper way:biglaugh:

I thought I would rather die than wear fleecy Pj's .... now I know i'll die of hypothermia if i don't lol

Lol ... could only happen to you Mal .... actually I was just thinking about you and you answered my post ... psychic connection ( .. play twilight zone music)

I`ve done nowt I swear lol , the flue gets really hot ..if the daft buggers had run it thro the house then it would haave aired the house. Mate has that fancy aircon heatin , showed me last years lekky bill ,nearly dropped my beer , lives at Hillarys , on the front can afford it ,(know we could not jeeezz)

Guest Guruju

Ohh I forgot to mention the flannel sheets, flannel PJs and, of course, Ugg boots!

Cheers

Julia

Guest kdal
Ohh I forgot to mention the flannel sheets, flannel PJs and, of course, Ugg boots!

Cheers

Julia

:biglaugh: It's like stepping back in time isnt it Julia, always reminds me of staying at grandmas when I see at flannel sheets etc.. but you need them here !!!

Guest Guest9973

We have a wood burner - low combustion.

Luckily we have a "free'' supply of wood - just have to drive a few K's cut down and bring back.

It's a lovely heat, messy but lovely.

A cheaper alternative is smacking each other :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest9973
gas fire it is then , mmm not sure think i need to shop for flannel sheets , ive 13.5 tog duvet pjams , socks and cocoa..chocholate...

errrrrrr tyke?..

I am fuelled by a great day out fishing and mighty Shiraz!

Thought I was rather restrained actually.

Nighty night :wink::wink:

Guest Guruju

No wrong there Kdal - amazing how comforting it is knowing there are flannos (as the locals say) on the bed.

I have to say I do like the milder Winters and dont miss black/white ice of the UK!

Archived