Woods interviews

lynne1266

Guest janey380

Hi, When we moved to Melbourne with ATC and Woods over 4 years ago all our relocation package was $1000 and when we arrived at our rental they provided us with some temporary furniture and kitchen things which we could either return to them when we got our own or buy off them it we choose too. I guess the location package could be very different now.

We prefer the Bayside Suburbs i.e Mordialloc, Mentone, Parkdale,Blackrock,Sandringham, Brighton all have schools but I,m sorry we don't have children so can't fill you in on any much details on them I'm afraid. Also these areas are easy access to the city by train. I suppose a lot depends on the location of the Woods branch so if you find out any more let us know if you need any more info.

Good Luck with everything

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest azzieb26

Came over with ATC and woods nearly 1 year ago now, ATC charge £1250 for search of house and securing house (which I have to say they wernt very good at choosing house and communication with me).Depending on the branch you are at woods normally locate you to the branch you will be working unless you have a preference. I live in ringwood which is a nice suburb, good schools for my 7 year old.

Guest josh2

hi dawn sh. OH has his interview in Dublin in September as well. Until then just trying to gather as much info as we can regarding suburbs and where we would like to live. I went on the Woods website and got their location map and then marked them on a suburb map, to give me an idea of what suburbs are like around the different locations.

There is a website called domain with 'the age' list. This gives the suburbs a rating depending on a number of different criteria. Still trying to get it not to freeze on my computer but the idea seems to be that you can input what is most important to you. In my case, low crime rate, good transport, and schools. Then it will show you suburbs that match your criteria. As I say, I think that is the idea it keeps freezing on my computer at the moment!!

Best of luck.

Janey can I ask are there good transport links from bayside suburbs to Woods locations? Thanks

Azzieb thanks, I'll have a look at Ringwood. If I can narrow down the search I'll be better. Seems every day I pick a new suburb, lol!!

Guest janey380
hi dawn sh. OH has his interview in Dublin in September as well. Until then just trying to gather as much info as we can regarding suburbs and where we would like to live. I went on the Woods website and got their location map and then marked them on a suburb map, to give me an idea of what suburbs are like around the different locations.

There is a website called domain with 'the age' list. This gives the suburbs a rating depending on a number of different criteria. Still trying to get it not to freeze on my computer but the idea seems to be that you can input what is most important to you. In my case, low crime rate, good transport, and schools. Then it will show you suburbs that match your criteria. As I say, I think that is the idea it keeps freezing on my computer at the moment!!

Best of luck.

Janey can I ask are there good transport links from bayside suburbs to Woods locations? Thanks

Azzieb thanks, I'll have a look at Ringwood. If I can narrow down the search I'll be better. Seems every day I pick a new suburb, lol!!

Public transport to woods locations would be a bit difficult, you would have to have a car for most of them. We manage with one car though as hubby uses car to get to work and I work in the city which is an easy 20 minute journey from we will live in Brighton. Any other questions don't hesitate.Cheers Janey

Guest azzieb26

I also now work with capital smart after staying with woods for 6 months. Have to say capital are a very good company, have branches in similar locations as woods and don't tie you down to a contract like woods do. Both companies are good for a way in to australia but day to day work a lot better at capital.

I also now work with capital smart after staying with woods for 6 months. Have to say capital are a very good company, have branches in similar locations as woods and don't tie you down to a contract like woods do. Both companies are good for a way in to australia but day to day work a lot better at capital.

Which branch are you working at & how long have you been there ??

Lynne

Guest azzieb26
Which branch are you working at & how long have you been there ??

Lynne

Work in Knox branch been there for nearly 8 weeks now, what about your other half?

• 2 weeks later...

There are many companies that are willing to sponsor Panel Beaters and Sprayers from the UK so my only advice is look in to all companies. My husband had several interview's and job offers with different companies and went with the one that he felt was best for him.

Good Luck with the interview :biggrin:

Lynne

• 4 weeks later...
Guest azzieb26

Haven't been on here long myself, think you have to click on my name and should come with few options, one of them will say private message

Aaron

Guest Panda Devine

Hi, I have an interview tomorrow and was just wondering is it 1500 dollars all in or is it 1500 dollar plus the £780 on top. Have they said what areas are available?

Thanks,

Paul

Archived