which is the best supermarket in Australia

Guest Nadjez

Guest Nadjez

hehe thats why i opened the discussion, to see everyones iseas and tastes hehe.Did you know that IGA do marmite but it's called 'our mate'.

Woolworths for us too. It is okay price-wise, in a convenient place to get to and there is usually a parking space free, unless you go at a silly time like after the schools kick out.

Guest snow white

i dont see that much of a difference between coles or woolworths i wish there were a few more to choose from maybe in another 5 years

lesley x

Guest Nadjez

yeah none of them are majorly cheap, but as you say in 5 years time.and it's ashame that they aren't all open on a sunday, acutually all shops in general . Although IGA now is open on a sunday which is handy, but i try not to go if i can. we also used to go to farmer jacks on a sunday for bits and bobs, had great reduced fruit and veg, but thatclosed down.

Guest Vim Fuego

We try to shop at the local IGA in an attempt to keep the business 'local' ... this may be completely dellusional but we are sticking by it ... that and next closest ... Coles ... is 25 minutes away so the extra we pay is offset (a little) by the fuel costs ... can't beat home-grown veg though!

Guest Nadjez

i agree, we had basil plant and tomato big and cherry plants, when and if i get back over to be with shane we wana get our own veggie patch happening : )

Guest Igor

I like Woolworths and I like the one at Chermside because it's got self service checkouts so I don't have to tell them that my day has been AWESOME when in actual fact it's just been another day.

Guest Vim Fuego
lol, and does everyone feel them not selling alcohol within the stores?

It's an odd one that (coming from the UK it's odd, anyway), must have something to do with licensing laws because most major supermarket chains own a big bottle shop chain too.

Can't say it's bothered me that much, I tend to head for Dan Murphys or 1st Choice, they tend to have a decent selection of 'interesting' beer.

Mmmm, Old Engine Oil ... drink more wine than anything else alcoholic these days ...

Guest Nadjez

lol, yeah i must say i am a big fan of first choice, actually i love em, if somewhere else is cheaer, they then sell their product same price or cheaper, they have a huge range of drinks world wide known drinks i love them, i have to say the staff are friendly too or maybe thats just the one near us too, or because we are always going in hahaha. but yeah drinks aren't too badyly priced either. rather 1st choice than bws anyday, although they do have good bargins on goon, no 1st choice it is hehe

Woolies for convenience (it's the closest), but there are things I really like from coles too ... if I travel a little further (like 5 mins), there's both in one mall so I can get all the stuff I need plus great veggies from the veggie shop

Ali

Guest Vim Fuego
lol, yeah i must say i am a big fan of first choice, actually i love em, if somewhere else is cheaer, they then sell their product same price or cheaper, they have a huge range of drinks world wide known drinks i love them, i have to say the staff are friendly too or maybe thats just the one near us too, or because we are always going in hahaha. but yeah drinks aren't too badyly priced either. rather 1st choice than bws anyday, although they do have good bargins on goon, no 1st choice it is hehe

Yup, our nearest one (Waterford West, down in Logan) always has a decent selection, which surprises me for an area that I thought would be more XXXX and VB than anything else.

There is a Dan Murphy in Springwood which came highly recommended but when I visited a month or so back wasn't too impressed with the choice for 'real' beer ... they did have Hobgoblin though, so it wasn't an entirely wasted trip.

I know what you mean about regular, when you are on first name terms with the staff then it's probably time to consider cutting back ... or suggesting a decent loyalty card!

You will note I'm not big on food shopping advice ...

Guest Nadjez

ahr hobgoblin me dad likes that yeah is it good or bad like u say when you are on first term names with staff haha

Archived