School advice urgently needed

Guest rosiejulia

Guest rosiejulia

Hello PIO`S! Could anyone offer any advice based on their own experience?

I am returning to the UK in Aug with my 3 children after a 16mth stay. After applying for their places back in their old schools I have been sucessful with my younger child in primary but have been rejected in the secondary school for my 2 older children. I am currently putting an appeal together (to be heard mid July) and was wondering has anybody faced this problem.....do you have any tips for appealing against schools saying they have their allowed numbers already and extra children would prejudice pupils already at the school. I would be very grateful for any advice as my kids are very down in the mouth at the thought of returning home and not being able to go back to their friends and the school they know. thanks for readingx:no:

Is it not your catchment school then based on where you'll be living? If its your catchment they have to allow for movement into their area each school year so should have spaces - as I understand it?

Kath

Guest Beach Babe

Our schools are full to busting, all an appeal means is that you will go on the waiting list. If you live nearer the school than others on the list you will be placed first. Buy a house next door to school if poss. Kent County Council offered me a school where all the foregin children in the area are placed. Only 30% of the childen there spoke English i was told I could appeal but the way I see it if the schools I wanted were full I would only be put on the waiting list. It's not like they are going to remove children and let mine inand by law they can only have so many per class..

Good luck it's so stressful but I'm sure once you are back, even if they have to go someone temporary you will get placed eventually.

Archived