Medical/red book?????

Dawny

Hi there, just been informed by the medical guys, i need to take with me the kids red books!!

What happens if one is missing? Also one has proof of jabs missing as the red book went missing due to house move and was only registered on their pc. Will back up proof from the surgery be enough to prove that their jabs are up to date!

Many thanks x

Guest 2pigs3piglets

i with you!!

i have not a clue where mine is,

interested to know the answer on this one

Hi there, just been informed by the medical guys, i need to take with me the kids red books!!

What happens if one is missing? Also one has proof of jabs missing as the red book went missing due to house move and was only registered on their pc. Will back up proof from the surgery be enough to prove that their jabs are up to date!

Many thanks x

Yes if you can bring a formal statement signed by someone at the surgery to confirm that they have had their vaccinations then that should be good enough. The schools dont actually need "the red books" per se, just confirmation that they have been jabbed with all the appropriate diseases. Aussie kids dont have red books they have other things.

Guest guest17301

I took my red books Dawn but when I got to the school I found out the immunisation pages were not up to date (hadn't been filled in) so I just had to sign a declaration to say that Courtney had had the MMR. We also paid for our medical records (short form of) but haven't used them yet. But then we haven't registered with a Dr yet-having trouble finding a local bulk billing one in our area.

Guest 8788jt

Hi Dawn

We took our incomplete red books and a letter from the doctors as youngest had been in hospital loads of times and there were no issues. Doctor didn't even look at the letter but just took our word for it.

If you take your red book into your doctors, they should tell you the dates of vaccinations from the medical notes and update it for you (thats what our did while we were waiting!).

Don't worry - Joanne

Guest guest17301

For our medicals we just had to answer on online questionaire (we applied via E-Health) and the Dr just asked me general questions about the kids health- never had to show any documents/records. That was in Manchester.

For our medicals we just had to answer on online questionaire (we applied via E-Health) and the Dr just asked me general questions about the kids health- never had to show any documents/records. That was in Manchester.

Thanks Fiona, sadly the medical center in Southampton have said also to take the red books! Typical :arghh:, Teach me to be more careful where i put them in future xx

Thanks Fiona, sadly the medical center in Southampton have said also to take the red books! Typical , Teach me to be more careful where i put them in future xx

I know exactly where you have put it Dawn.........

'Somewhere safe' :biglaugh: Thats where I put all my 'misplaced' stuff!

seriously though....Good luck finding it, im sure it will turn up, at least its a good excuse to clear some more clutter! :wink:

I know exactly where you have put it Dawn.........

'Somewhere safe' :biglaugh: Thats where I put all my 'misplaced' stuff!

seriously though....Good luck finding it, im sure it will turn up, at least its a good excuse to clear some more clutter! :wink:

Do you know what Kelly.

I think you could be right lol!!!

Been clearing all weekend and thrown loads out.. It hasn't even touched the surface, infact it looks like i have more crap now than i did lol xxx

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Dawn, well I didn't take my red books cos my lot have blue ones, lol...... but they are all upto date, but as yet haven't been asked for them, at school or the doctors (Emma went a couple of week ago) so I wouldn't worry to much about them.

What age are your kids?

KP Nuts

Hi Dawn, well I didn't take my red books cos my lot have blue ones, lol...... but they are all upto date, but as yet haven't been asked for them, at school or the doctors (Emma went a couple of week ago) so I wouldn't worry to much about them.

What age are your kids?

KP Nuts

Lol, would rather have blue! Might not have miss placed them so easily,

They are 10,8 and 5 years old bless them! Not!!!!!!!!:arghh:

Hi we took ours for medical but they didnt even look in them, was just asked if they where up to date on there jabs.

Rachael

Thanks Rachael,

I will take them with us, and hopefully the dr's surgery will do a print out for the one thats missing x

Guest juliemtaylor

I would ask your GP for a printout of the immunisations as mine gave me some the other day to take with me for myself.

Julie x

If you plan on using child care or Kindys and register with centrelink for child care assistance you will be asked for the red books (proof of innoculations). For anyone who hasnt got these or has lost them a simple statement from the Dr should do, as all you are required to do is visit a GP here and have the red book infomation converted onto an Australian immunisation form.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gjt1975

So do you need to bring the red books regardless of the childs age?

My children are 13 and 9.

It is possible the high school will ask if innoculations are up to date so it is always worth bringing them IMO. Also should you choose to use before or after school care Centrelink will not contribute to the cost unless you can show an up to date medical history.

hope this helps

Cal x

Archived