Shippers and packing??

Dawny

Just a quick question with regards to the shippers,

Once every thing is in place and the shippers are booked!

Do you or can you pack your own stuff, If so do the shippers supply box's, Or do they pack for you??? I only ask as i would assume that they like box's to be a certain size so they fit more snug in the container, Or am i completely wrong lol :arghh:

Guest Deboroo2

I think the shippers will pack for you and i think they supply the boxes. I only know this as i know two couples who have emigrated already. One of the couples shipped with Britannia.

Though i have a question, i only have enough belongings to fill half a container. Do you know if you can share with others? Its just one of those many questions i have before finally deciding to emigrate.

I think the shippers will pack for you and i think they supply the boxes. I only know this as i know two couples who have emigrated already. One of the couples shipped with Britannia.

Though i have a question, i only have enough belongings to fill half a container. Do you know if you can share with others? Its just one of those many questions i have before finally deciding to emigrate.

Thanks for the info!

I believe you can share but someone said you would be waiting a little longer before you get it, Not sure why though x

Guest Deboroo2

Thank you for the information! Good luck with the move! I think i will need to investigate further!

Thank you for the information! Good luck with the move! I think i will need to investigate further!

Thank you, Its a while off yet, like you just collecting the info!

Good luck to you too x

Hi Dawny just had shippers round to quote us.They provide everything and prefer to pack everything themselves.The boxes need to be double ply(double thickness) and have silica gel in to absorb moisture and the paper is some kind of wax paper to protect your belongings.we were thinking of doing it ourselves but the difference in cost is about £700 but we were told that we could just leave everything as it was and they will take care of everything the same goes over the other side and they get rid of all the packaging.to do it yourself you have to uy all the boxes pack it yourself load the container yourself in (load the container in 3 hours)

hope this helps

Hi Dawny just had shippers round to quote us.They provide everything and prefer to pack everything themselves.The boxes need to be double ply(double thickness) and have silica gel in to absorb moisture and the paper is some kind of wax paper to protect your belongings.we were thinking of doing it ourselves but the difference in cost is about £700 but we were told that we could just leave everything as it was and they will take care of everything the same goes over the other side and they get rid of all the packaging.to do it yourself you have to uy all the boxes pack it yourself load the container yourself in (load the container in 3 hours)

hope this helps

Thats great hun, Thanks for that! Guess if they do it all, they will take the blame for any thing that gets broken! :biggrin:

Guest michixxx

omg I'm not sure i like the idea of strangers going through all my personal belongings!

Hi Dawn we have been having quotes from shippers, one told us we were ok to pack our own stuff, then another one said that they have to pack to make sure that you aren't smuggling things in!!!!!

We are waiting for Crown to come and give us a quote next week. We have been quoted roughly 2 grand for a shared container, we are not taking no furniture and the guy said our fridge freezer was to old to take, so its mostly personal item, clothes, handbags, kids toys and bikes. We have been busy packing for the last month or two, just trying to get rid, especially with having the house on the market, thought we had better start. We are working on the loft right now, its so hard to decide what to leave and what to take.

Tania X

I packed lots of our stuff into boxes and them big 'plasticy market bags', the shippers then just put them into their own boxes or wrapped their company paper around them. Saved the embarsment of men going through things you dont really want them too! lol

Cal x

john masons packed it all for us and boy do they pack it, the paper im unrolling at the mo will be painting and drawing paper for my daughter for the next ten years lol, i packed some personnal bits like cal, quarantine may go through it any way, we were told they trust the shippers more than you ... who is to say your not popping the odd drugs or stuff in too.. x

Archived