Sick of being called a wingeing pom

Guest storyteller

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are some academics that believe that a pygmy tribe where here before the abo's

I know mate they had the house i`m rentin /im 5,8 and have to stoop to get ashave in the bathroom mirror , umpa lumpa

Guest RUUDVANDIMOND

Fight fire with fire m8.....hit back at them !!! maggot munching chain rattlers seems to work for me!

thanks folks, believe it or not, I am a humerous happy person. And I dont judge Australians from the few uncouth I have met. There are plenty **** heads in england. But I dont get it ,,, in the workplace, in the media, they can call us pommie *******, that was on austar over an ad for cricket or rugby, doesnt anyone understand its racist?

You cant call aborigines abos,s bungs, or even effing black boys, they are now called something else, thats cos it upsets them, so why is it so hard to get across that "some of us" dont like being referred to by our race. My point is, I love australia, and have travelled the world, this is a great place, but sorry, I can say I miss the shops in England, because I do. If an Indian woman says she misses the curry houses in bombay I woujld understand.

I JUST WANT EVERY BRIT WHO HATES BEING CALLED A WINGEING POM BLA BLA TO EMAIL ME. COS I W

being called a pom does not bother me, in fact i wish it happened more often here in sydney

i don't know about other parts but here people are far too sensitive and no one ever seems to take the piss

i've offended a few people with my thick skinned wit at work, but nothin to do with aussie bashing just personal jokes

HI EVERYONE

I LIVE IN REGIONAL NSW WHERE BELIEVE ME, THEY ARE THICK AS "BLEEP"

THE SO CALLED CORPORATE I WORK FOR IS AS RACIST AS THEY COME HOWEVER ONLY TO "POMS" SORRY BUT I CANT STAND THE WORD ANY MORE.

IF I DARE MAKE A COMMENT WITH "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM" I AM CALLED A WINGEING POM, SOMETIMES I AM REFERRED TO AS THE TEN POUND POM EVEN THO I AM WAY TOO YOUNG, ALSO REFERRED TO AS THE GREAT UNWASHED.

I AM CONSIDERING TAKING THEM TO THE TRIBUNAL FOR RACIAL VILIFICATION BECAUSE ITS NOT RIGHT. DOES ANYONE ELSE SUFFER THIS TYPE OF ABUSE AND DOES ANYONE KNOW OF THE ORGANISATION THAT IS AGAINST BEING CALLED POMS ALL THE TIME?

OTHER THAN THAT, ITS A PRETTY PLACE, BUT WISH TESCO'S MARKS AND SPARKS AND BOOTS WERE HERE TOO, NOT TO MENTION A MILLION AND ONE PROPER PUBS AND CLUBS,,, SIGH,, BUT HEY, YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL. XXXXXXXXXXXXX ANY HELLP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

NATALIE X:arghh:

the best way is to make personal jokes - forget the aussie/pom type stuff cos it's usually boring and repetitve and always involves poms not washing or being crap at sport or aussies being dumb (which they really don't like)

example - i was playing poker in a pub and was new to the game and some fat impatient **** who didn't like my cockney accent got annoyed cos i slowed the game down

he ordered a pizza and when it arrived i told him "your entrees arrived"

"are you being smart" he asked me

i told him "if ur big enough to dish it out ur big enough to eat it":biglaugh:

Guest yankee

Ya know.. people who call others names or bash them based on their origin/race/heritage are usually not that bright - since they don't understand basic human biology. Fact is that I am as much biologically related to Whoopie Goldberg as I am to some unknown lady in the mountains of China. Nobody can pick and choose who their parents are and in what country/region of the world they are born. Discussions with folks who are unable to grasp those very simple and basic facts are therefore pointless.

Guest Aldo
Ya know.. people who call others names or bash them based on their origin/race/heritage are usually not that bright - since they don't understand basic human biology. Fact is that I am as much biologically related to Whoopie Goldberg as I am to some unknown lady in the mountains of China. Nobody can pick and choose who their parents are and in what country/region of the world they are born. Discussions with folks who are unable to grasp those very simple and basic facts are therefore pointless.

Afraid I disagree. There are biological between races but instead of do gooders wasting breath trying to convince us otherwise we should understand that these differences don't make us better or worse as human beings.

Genealogy is a sensitive subject when it comes to races and most people will not have the balls to debate it but to sweep it under the carpet IMO is silly.

Ya know.. people who call others names or bash them based on their origin/race/heritage are usually not that bright
I agree

Guest yankee
Afraid I disagree. There are biological between races but instead of do gooders wasting breath trying to convince us otherwise we should understand that these differences don't make us better or worse as human beings.

Genealogy is a sensitive subject when it comes to races and most people will not have the balls to debate it but to sweep it under the carpet IMO is silly.

The biological differences are simply based on pigment, fatty tissues and bone structure in people around the world. Those are purely visual, nothing else and are derived from genetic heritage based on origin, which is based of course on nutrition and other environmental influence. There is otherwise no difference in major elements such as organs, including the brain obviously. The likeness of two individuals from different origin - but of the same sex - is actually extremely close. Twins (identical) of course are the only living humans that are truly really alike.

Still, most of my basic DNA is the same as of a woman in china, or india, or south africa - which those above differences. Just look at basic illness across the world... we all get the same deseases. Our genes basically are the same.

Sure, an indigineous male living in the amazon is less likely to develope (for example) pancreatic cancer like a male african-american lving in the US (a group for that has a high number of PC cases). However if that male from the amazon would live in the US formost of his adult life, his risk getting that cancer would rise tremedously, given he'd join that culture of course. My best friend in the US was a perfectly healthy young woman, ate well, lived a healthy lfiestyle in the country and also got pc at age 32, died at 33. In her case, an extremly unlikely cancer to get, but she got it anyway. Asians were long relaitvely "safe" from cancer, now it's almost an epidemic most likely brought on by culutral changes such as nutrition, evironmental changes and healthcare changes.

I think you are referring to cultural, social and infrastructure differences, those really can't be debated either since they are simply a form of habit and survival for us. Cultural and social behavior simply allow us to feel safe and connected to something we grew up with. They are also a necessity in a lot of cases. That doesn't mean one type of behavior is better than others, they are simply different for various reasons, be it religious reasons, tradition, superstition, regional or in many cases simply a matter of preference.

Case in point: eating dogs. Well I for one could never eat a puppy - I think it's wrong and I do think it's gross. I like dogs a lot - just not on my plate. That's because I obviously didn't grow up in Korea (and some areas of China). So is eating dogs wrong, does it make the Koreans or Chinese bad people? No, it doesn't.

Or take religion, the main reason for so many wars and downright hate among people. I personally don't get many religious ceremonies or habits, but not being a religious person doesn't make me better or worse than someone who is religious. I sometimes wish I could feel something about religion, I think it's a great tool to give people comfort. On the same side I find it somewhat silly. Still I wouldn't go around judging people based on what their religious believe is, no matter how strange it may seem to me. It's simple: i don't get it, so I obviously can't judge.

Guest Aldo
The biological differences are simply based on pigment, fatty tissues and bone structure in people around the world. Those are purely visual, nothing else and are derived from genetic heritage based on origin, which is based of course on nutrition and other environmental influence. There is otherwise no difference in major elements such as organs, including the brain obviously. The likeness of two individuals from different origin - but of the same sex - is actually 1 extremely close. Twins (identical) of course are the only living humans that are truly really alike.

Still, most of my basic DNA is the same as of a woman in china, or india, or south africa - which those above differences. Just look at basic illness across the world...2 we all get the same diseases. Our genes basically are the same.

1 Extremely close - yes, but different. Its a fact that organ donations have a much better success rate if from a same race donor.

2 As far as I am aware Blacks are more prone to strokes and sickle cell anemia and whites are more thyroid problems.....

whites more prone to some disease - Google Search

Medicines also are altered to suit different races.

All that said, i reiterate that it shouldn't affect the way we interact as humans, but to ignore these genetic differences would be scientifically retarded

Guest yankee
1 Extremely close - yes, but different. Its a fact that organ donations have a much better success rate if from a same race donor.

yes, but that's also based on chemical processes due to our nutrition within these races. I have a 100% natural clone (more on that below) but the docs say that a few organs of her would'nt be a good match for me and vis-versa since she's a vegetarian, and I'm not.

2 As far as I am aware Blacks are more prone to strokes and sickle cell anemia and whites are more thyroid problems.....

whites more prone to some disease - Google Search

Medicines also are altered to suit different races.

All that said, i reiterate that it shouldn't affect the way we interact as humans, but to ignore these genetic differences would be scientifically retarded

You mean blacks in the US/western world, right? Because not in Africa, and there you have the difference, it's based on where someone lives that can change their changes of becoming sick with one thing or another.

My sister and I are identical twins, a few years ago we participated in a DNA study for twins. We are a 100% match - with scans they even measured our organs etc. Everything is 100% the same on the inside, on paper. Still her Liver (as I remember) wouldn't be a good match for me in terms of organ donation. I am prone to have very low sugar in my blood. She doesn't. She's had several allergies over her years, I never had an issue. Besides that if you were to see us together - we'd just look like sisters to you.

Back when we were little we used to look 100% alike, that changed over years, even though our genetic materials are still 100% the same. Now - we obviously grew up together, had the same foods etc, lived in the same house - and yet... the people who know us well (even our parents) would tell you that in fact we are not alike at all, personality wise. We may sound the same when we laugh, we make the same funky noises, we even tend to pick some of the same clothes - apart from each other - but in a large number of aspects we simply don't agree and have different opinions. We also don't have the same outlook on life, or live our lives the same way.

We are individuals even though everything physical is the same. And that's what counts to me and that's how I tend to see in everyone else that I come across.

Guest red back

I feel your pain and I am sure that you will always be a pom. The winging bit is down to you to get rid of.

If it was all great then the Aussie would not let us through customs, and seeing as the UK is over run with do gooders and the PC brigade, I think you have a few options:

1. Go to the boss and get told, " We dont give a toss"

2. Hold the flag high and give them a cheer' becasue you are not in the UK your over ere!!!

4. Get of your box and roll up your socks.

5. Or go back to the Union who has lost its Jack

I have been learning poetry at TAFE ;-)

Guest guest17520
I feel your pain and I am sure that you will always be a pom. The winging bit is down to you to get rid of.

If it was all great then the Aussie would not let us through customs, and seeing as the UK is over run with do gooders and the PC brigade, I think you have a few options:

1. Go to the boss and get told, " We dont give a toss"

2. Hold the flag high and give them a cheer' becasue you are not in the UK your over ere!!!

4. Get of your box and roll up your socks.

5. Or go back to the Union who has lost its Jack

I have been learning poetry at TAFE ;-)

You had to go to TAFE to learn to write like that??? :biglaugh:

My bosses favourite saying is "if they don't like it, they can get f**cked" and that's exactly what I would say to the whinging pom who started this thread.

If you can't put up with having the p*ss taken out of you and you can't give it back, get f**cked and go home. :arghh:

Guest Aldo
You had to go to TAFE to learn to write like that???

My bosses favourite saying is "if they don't like it, they can get f**cked" and that's exactly what I would say to the whinging pom who started this thread.

If you can't put up with having the p*ss taken out of you and you can't give it back, get f**cked and go home. :arghh:

ohhhh touchy :wubclub:

Guest Paddy Charlie

You don't like being a pom and yet you log onto POMSinoz.com to complain. Quality LOL

Guest Aldo
You don't like being a pom and yet you log onto POMSinoz.com to complain. Quality LOL

Now go and read the thread title again.:wink:

clue "Sick of being called a wingeing pom"

Guest snoo

when we arrived for a hol last Dec, the immigration guy looked at our passports, looked at us, then said "where are you staying". We said we had a villa SOR first week and NOR second week.....and asked "which is nicest".

"depends" said the Immigration guy "we Aussies' like it anywhere where there aren't many Poms!".....then gave us a wry smile and a wink!

We were highly amused...especially as we thought of the opposite scenario. Can you imagine that happening in the UK? I know there's a time and place for this sort of humour but sometimes people have to realise it IS humour!

Lisa,xx

Guest Aldo

We were highly amused...especially as we thought of the opposite scenario. Can you imagine that happening in the UK?

Lisa,xx

Definatly not!

whenever i'm immigration at UK airports is like I have to check I didn't get on the wrong plane to mumbai!

(:wink: I winked so its ok to say that)

Guest Paddy Charlie
Now go and read the thread title again.:wink:

clue "Sick of being called a wingeing pom"

Thanks I can read and spell and its whingeing (I know OP spelt it that way not you). But I didn't think I'd need to state the obvious that she is whingeing on here.

Guest Young Flinn
My 16 year old daughter has a good bit of banter with her Ozzie history teacher.

She says to him, we are not poms, you are, you are descended from the convicts - they have a laugh about it.

I guess if you don't want to be called a whinging pom, then don't whinge. I never say anything bad about australia, in front of australians. That would be bad manners.

On this forum its a different story.

Though it's unlikely POM is Prisoner of Millibank or Prisoner or Mother England, more likely as supported by the Oxford English Dictionary rhyming slang from pomegranate to immigrant, later shorted to Pom or Pommy.

Alternative names for the British - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And on topic: So the poster sick of being called a whinging Pom comes on Poms in Oz for a whinge.

Also, it's stupid calling it Racist because

A - English is not a Race, it's a Nationality.

B - The Majority of Aussies are the same Race as most of us, that is Caucasian.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Charlie. People are allowed to have a whinge and a moan on here if they want! Dont worry yourself! We always say "if you dont like a thread....dont read it!"

Guest JoanneHattersley

Some people get riled up just reading a title!!! If the title of a thread makes you annoyed then why carry on reading?

Guest Young Flinn

So you can argue your points, form a discussion?

Isn't that the point in all this?

Guest JoanneHattersley

ABsolutely!!! But some people get annoyed on a thread and get nasty sometimes.

Archived