Movers - any recommendations

Guest The Greens

Guest The Greens

Hi All,

Still struggling to make a decision on the movers to get our things back to England. Anyone got any suggestions? Here's my thoughts so far.

Tried Crown over a week ago and still awaiting any quote from them even though they promised it to me by last Thursday. That doesn't inspire me in view of the mess they made of our delivery here in Brissy. Also found out they do sub contract out their work here, which is a worry.

Awaiting a quote off O.S.S, but so far just a few E-mails back and forth and lots of questions off them, like what sort of things are you looking to move? :err: Hello, it's houeshold goods!! no desire to come and do a survey.

E-mailed Anglo Pacific in UK to ask if they do the move in reverse, i.e Aus back to Uk, and who are their agents here. - No reply so far.

Thinking of trying Allied Pickfords, but unsure what their like???

Anyone got any suggestions, who do you all rate as good, from here in Brisbane? Luckily have a bit of time yet, as not moving until July, but time will soon fly so I need to get this organised.

Thanks guy's

EMMY

Guest kdal

Emmy, Give Grace Removals a call. We used Doree Bonner in the UK and then Grace removals here. Top service couldnt fault them.

Good Luck Kim

Hi All,

Still struggling to make a decision on the movers to get our things back to England. Anyone got any suggestions? Here's my thoughts so far.

Tried Crown over a week ago and still awaiting any quote from them even though they promised it to me by last Thursday. That doesn't inspire me in view of the mess they made of our delivery here in Brissy. Also found out they do sub contract out their work here, which is a worry.

Awaiting a quote off O.S.S, but so far just a few E-mails back and forth and lots of questions off them, like what sort of things are you looking to move? :err: Hello, it's houeshold goods!! no desire to come and do a survey.

E-mailed Anglo Pacific in UK to ask if they do the move in reverse, i.e Aus back to Uk, and who are their agents here. - No reply so far.

Thinking of trying Allied Pickfords, but unsure what their like???

Anyone got any suggestions, who do you all rate as good, from here in Brisbane? Luckily have a bit of time yet, as not moving until July, but time will soon fly so I need to get this organised.

Thanks guy's

EMMY

I had a quote from Movements International - originally going from what I put on the list of stuff I'm taking back I was told approx. $5,000 but after having guy round to do survey went up to nearly $8,000 - I told them I wanted to pack myself too and that wasn't including insurance!!! So don't think I'll be going with them. However, just had a revised quote from them and now can do for just over $6,480 (sharing a container) I still think that's too much - I'm only taking one bed, and no electrical applicances!!!

I have a guy coming around this afternoon from Chess Moving Sydney (not sure if they have base in Brisbane) and two others next week - Grace and OSS - will let you know the quotes when I get them.

May have to get rid of some stuff to get price down.

Regards.

Guest MandyJayne

Hi there. I can't help too much other than to say we have just struggled for four months to get our stuff here with Anglo pacific so would not recommend them!

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Emmy, we used a local company in Romford to get us here to Adelaide, but they used a company this side called Kent, their number for Bris is 07 3718 2600, and they were great, no problems with them at all.

Good luck

KP Nuts

Guest carillion

Hi, we used Anglo Pacific to move from UK to Perth, they were great to the point of all the stuff they broke and then the insurance claim was hell. Lost heaps of money and they argued every small point. Would never use them again. Good luck

Guest snow white

weve used doree bonner twice and they use grace removals at this end and free storage they gave us too cannot fault them at all and there price was excellent too

lesley x

Guest The Greens
Emmy, Give Grace Removals a call. We used Doree Bonner in the UK and then Grace removals here. Top service couldnt fault them.

Good Luck Kim

Hi Kdal, thanks for the reply.

I have already called Grace, but I see just one problem with them. They will not actually come and do a survey until 1 month before our intended leaving date. The lady I spoke too there was very nice and polite but asked me to contact them again about a month before we leave. Apparently and I am quoting her reason, "We waste too much time and money if we quote too far in advance because often people don't come back to us"

That I feel is no good because lets say their quote was more or there was something I didn't like about their service or package and decided not to use them, then with just a month to go, I feel I may be struggling to rebook in time with one of the others. I am the type I like to have things tied up well in advance and unfortunately with Grace it would be cutting it a bit fine I think.

But thanks anyhow for the info.

Emmy :cute:

Guest The Greens
weve used doree bonner twice and they use grace removals at this end and free storage they gave us too cannot fault them at all and there price was excellent too

lesley x

Thanks Lesley for the info,

As I just posted in reply to Kdal, the problem with Doree Bonner lies this end with their partner Grace Removals. They will not actually come and do a survey until 1 month before our intended leaving date. That I feel is no good because lets say their quote was more or there was something I didn't like about their service or package and decided not to use them, then with just a month to go, I feel I may be struggling to rebook in time with one of the others. I am the type I like to have things tied up well in advance and unfortunately with Grace it would be cutting it a bit fine I think.

Emmy

Guest The Greens

Well I thought it worthwhile to keep this going and thanks to all who have posted some useful tips and info.

Worrying to hear about Anglo Pacific??? Over here in Brisbane their partner is O.S.S and guess what, their coming next week to do a survey. So as a result of the posts by carillion and Mandy Jayne I'm already worried about that lot??? :huh: Anybody else know more about them in the UK.

So far just the one quote received and that's off Crown. 20ft sole container, $8,800 door to door full packing. How does that sound to you all? So I'm still looking before deciding what to do.

Thanks again guys abd I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

EMMY

Guest kdal

I have already called Grace, but I see just one problem with them. They will not actually come and do a survey until 1 month before our intended leaving date. The lady I spoke too there was very nice and polite but asked me to contact them again about a month before we leave. Apparently and I am quoting her reason, "We waste too much time and money if we quote too far in advance because often people don't come back to us"

That I feel is no good because lets say their quote was more or there was something I didn't like about their service or package and decided not to use them, then with just a month to go, I feel I may be struggling to rebook in time with one of the others. I am the type I like to have things tied up well in advance and unfortunately with Grace it would be cutting it a bit fine I think.

Oh Emmy, What an odd thing for a business to say lol

Good luck hope all goes well for you

That's funny, I contacted Grace around a week ago and had a guy out today to do a survey - I'm not planning return until mid/end July and they knew that.... The guy who came was very professional as was the brochure and docs they supplied - explained everything and answered heaps of questions - awaiting their quote.

Guest Swing low sweet chariot

I also had a quote from Grace, though for a 40 ft container. The guy who visited was good and it took about 2 weeks for the quote. Grace quoted $17700 for the 40 ft. Also awaiting a quote from Crown.

Guest tlander56
I also had a quote from Grace, though for a 40 ft container. The guy who visited was good and it took about 2 weeks for the quote. Grace quoted $17700 for the 40 ft. Also awaiting a quote from Crown.

wow, $17700...better start saving :wideeyed:

Guest Summer
wow, $17700...better start saving :wideeyed:

isnt that for a 40ft container????

We used Grace to move back to UK from Tasmania ...we had a 20ft container and it cost us about $8000 but that was in September last year.... We didnt have any problems with them at all.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tlander56

Hi Guys,

I don't know Chess, but thats a very good quote....lowest I've found is $8k

Tan

Hi Tan

Yes it is a good quote but it also makes me wary Why is it so low???

Just had another quote come in from Wridgeways for $8290. Now waiting for OSS to come on Friday and see what their quote is.

Its a shame Kent are so much higher as we found them good for our previous 2 moves but decided to shop around this time and looks like its a good job too as there does seem to be a big difference.

So anybody got info good or bad on OSS, Wridgeways or Chess???

Thanks

Guest tlander56
Hi Tan

Yes it is a good quote but it also makes me wary Why is it so low???

Just had another quote come in from Wridgeways for $8290. Now waiting for OSS to come on Friday and see what their quote is.

Its a shame Kent are so much higher as we found them good for our previous 2 moves but decided to shop around this time and looks like its a good job too as there does seem to be a big difference.

So anybody got info good or bad on OSS, Wridgeways or Chess???

Thanks

Yep, me too...I always wary of cheap prices...we came here with european van lines...(all purpose removals) this end...fantastic! Really cheap too 2850 UK Pounds from Borehamwood to Brisbane door to door....apparently All Purpose aren't handling overseas removals anymore :swoon:..shame as they were great!

Whereabouts are you in Brisbane? Loads of people seem to be leaving at the moment....

Hi Tan

We are in Narangba - not the best place for us to be but anywhere more interesting is just too expensive. Used to live in Springwood many years ago and really regret not living south of the river as it seems that much more of everything happens that side. More of the big chain outlets etc. Find i prefer the Gold Coast to the Sunshine Coast as well but takes an hour and a half to get there. I am not sure though if any place would have grabbed me enough to want to live out my days here ! Actually came up here after 2 years in Melbourne and totally wish we had stayed there. Probably would still have gone home but at least our last 11 months would have been more interesting with more to do.

Where are you?

Georgie

Update

Wridgeways matched the quote from Chess but said they would have to use recycled cartons (only used once though so should be fine). I told Chess i was still waiting for quotes and he said to get back to him as "Ilike a good hagggle"! Could get it down even more then? However i am worried because no one seems to know much about them.

OSS were very proffessional and gave a good quote too but now worried because of their partners in UK (Anglo). OSS are a member of the British Removal Association or something similar. Wridways are proudly Australian owned!

Such decisions

Georgie

Just got back to Kent and asked if they could help us out with a better quote as we really wanted to use them. They did (even beating the quote from Chess). But oh no they have put the partner down as ANGLO PACIFIC TBC) Now after reading a couple of peoples reviews on them i dont want to have them on the UK side. So here goes again. Lets see what their second least expensive partner will charge. Originally they quoted for GB LIners which is their usual partner and when we used them to come out everything ran very smoothly but this time i want to get a better price.

This is such a headache

Guest tlander56
Just got back to Kent and asked if they could help us out with a better quote as we really wanted to use them. They did (even beating the quote from Chess). But oh no they have put the partner down as ANGLO PACIFIC TBC) Now after reading a couple of peoples reviews on them i dont want to have them on the UK side. So here goes again. Lets see what their second least expensive partner will charge. Originally they quoted for GB LIners which is their usual partner and when we used them to come out everything ran very smoothly but this time i want to get a better price.

This is such a headache

Hi there,

Had Chess out this morning to do a survey and quote...sounds like I should get a few more though...so I can haggle!!

Tan

Guest tlander56
Hi Tan

We are in Narangba - not the best place for us to be but anywhere more interesting is just too expensive. Used to live in Springwood many years ago and really regret not living south of the river as it seems that much more of everything happens that side. More of the big chain outlets etc. Find i prefer the Gold Coast to the Sunshine Coast as well but takes an hour and a half to get there. I am not sure though if any place would have grabbed me enough to want to live out my days here ! Actually came up here after 2 years in Melbourne and totally wish we had stayed there. Probably would still have gone home but at least our last 11 months would have been more interesting with more to do.

Where are you?

Georgie

Hi Georgie,

We recently sold our house in North Lakes, and are now renting down the road in Kallangur....a short drive from you! Where are you heading back to?

Tan

Archived