Movers - any recommendations

Guest The Greens

Hi All,

Still struggling to make a decision on the movers to get our things back to England. Anyone got any suggestions? Here's my thoughts so far.

Tried Crown over a week ago and still awaiting any quote from them even though they promised it to me by last Thursday. That doesn't inspire me in view of the mess they made of our delivery here in Brissy. Also found out they do sub contract out their work here, which is a worry.

Awaiting a quote off O.S.S, but so far just a few E-mails back and forth and lots of questions off them, like what sort of things are you looking to move? :err: Hello, it's houeshold goods!! no desire to come and do a survey.

E-mailed Anglo Pacific in UK to ask if they do the move in reverse, i.e Aus back to Uk, and who are their agents here. - No reply so far.

Thinking of trying Allied Pickfords, but unsure what their like???

Anyone got any suggestions, who do you all rate as good, from here in Brisbane? Luckily have a bit of time yet, as not moving until July, but time will soon fly so I need to get this organised.

Thanks guy's

EMMY

Hi, We used Pickfords to come over. Great service ...only one broken vase out of all our stuff. Excellent service, couldn't do enough this end and kept us well informed. We had a quote from Anglo Pacific and it was loads more so we were a bit worried going with the cheaper company but we needn't have worried. If we go home we will be using Pickfords again..they give a discount if you use them twice! However, I think it is a little bit down to luck...all companies will have customers who recommend them and customers who have not had a great experience.

Are you looking forward to going home? Just wondered!!! lol Sally:biggrin:

Guest peppermint

We have recently returned from South Australia to the UK.

We had four removal companies quote and went for Crown. They were not the cheapest and not the most expensive. After negotiating with the rep, we got our quote down to just under $13500 for a 40ft high cube container.

Our container was delivered last week and no probs at all. Personally we had a great service both ends with Crown.

Not such a good service from Atlantic going over a few years ago thou, but that’s a different story!

Hi Tan

We are going home to Harrogate in North Yorkshire at the end of September (14 weeks and counting). When are you going and where? How come you want to go home? I really want to go but the nearer it gets i wonder if it is the right thing to do. Bit worried. Have you got jobs to go to? We havent and i think that is the biggest concern.

You do right to haggle. We didnt bother with other quotes the fist 2 times we moved but looking at the differences in price i think that was not a good idea...

Georgie

Archived