Will the last young family to leave Britain for Australia or New Zealand please turn

Guest Shreen

Guest Magnetic6

Yes i read it. All i can say is i don't trust journalists, same as i don't trust polticians. They always have an agenda, poorly written article in my opinion.

Guest fatpom

Ahhh!!! Yes Kelvin McKenzie. :biggrin: Its been a while since I've heard his name.

We have Andrew Bolt & Piers Ackerman to write such quality journalism also. Very entertaining! :twitcy:

Guest proud2beaussie

A view that I have always had is if you don't like what someone writes,don't read it.(Unless of course you are personally libelled which is a different matter)

And also remember that newspapers in a democratic society only print what they ,rightly or wrongly,believe people want to read,it's basically supply and demand,like that well known company that sells take away hamburgers,they only sell what people want to buy and if tomorrow nobody in the world bought a single hamburger from them they wouldn't have a very good chance of staying in business much longer,newspapers are the same,if people didn't read "The Sun" because they disagree with Kelvin Mckenzie then the paper would soon fire him.

But in a free society he has his views and sufficient people agree with him to sell enough copies of the paper concerned.

It's the same with other media too,I used to like listening to ABC Radio at night until they employed a left wing "journalist" named Philip Adams-I no longer listen to that station.

Guest mutikonka

I just can't imagine the Sun readership migrating to New Zealand. Most of the Kiwis I've met have been decent, fair-minded, intelligent and able to think for themselves. Not the sort of thing you associate with the paper that brought you Gotcha headlines and Hillsborough smears.

Kelvin McKenzie is the champion of the ignorant and bigoted - he claims to love Fremantle but can't even spell it right.

Guest proud2beaussie

I used to get angry when I read an editorial or article that I didn't agree with ,then I realised that just because I didn't agree with their views that didn't mean they weren't entitled to hold them,and that's why I don't bother listening to ABC Radio anymore,I can't be bothered getting angry listening to Philip Adams,I find it's better to ignore him.

And that's what I suggest with people who don't like Kelvin Mckenzie-ignore him and read the work of someone you do agree with.

I know some will say "but what would happen if we all ignored things we don't like-nothing would get done" and to a certain extent that is a valid point,but there will always be people strong enough to fight for things that do matter,as distinct to the views of Mr Mckenzie,who to be honest doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things.

Guest acbh2

Obviously I had to go and have a read. Don't really care for what he said one way or the other but....

Is there really only 1.3 million ex pats in Oz??!! I'm sure I have met that many just in queensland lol:biglaugh: And i do believe there are other expats in places such as Sydney, Perth and melbourne etc etc...

Guest Andy
I just can't imagine the Sun readership migrating to New Zealand. Most of the Kiwis I've met have been decent, fair-minded, intelligent and able to think for themselves. Not the sort of thing you associate with the paper that brought you Gotcha headlines and Hillsborough smears.

Kelvin McKenzie is the champion of the ignorant and bigoted - he claims to love Fremantle but can't even spell it right.

What a poncey up your own arse post. The Sun is the biggest selling newspaper in Britain and has been for many years, those people always make me laugh when they say " I saw a headline in The Sun, it wasnt mine though ". I would put a fair chunk of money on that a big percentage of those who have emmigrated were regular Sun readers.

And for what its worth i think KM and even John Gaunt write excellent columns every week, and tend to speak up for the pissed off down trodden Brit who is sick to death of being **** on every week.

I haven't even looked at The Sun "news"paper for years but remember them as being 110% behind the Labour party and claiming responsibility for bringing them into power. If that is so, this is quite a turn-about-face. I read the opinion, which came across as somewhat contemptuous of not just the government policy he has criticised but of their readership too. It's also rather misleading regarding Australia and the timing seems odd.

Guest proud2beaussie

I notice he calls the PM a liar.I wonder whether Mr Brown might just put in a call to his lawyer about that one?

Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of Mr Brown or his government but you have to be pretty sure of yourself to call someone a liar in print these days.

I also wonder if visabureau paid for the little promotion in the story.

Isn't this the same reporter that wrote a load of lies about 6000-8000 drunken Liverpool fans breaking into the ground at Hillsborough and said that the Liverpool fans were robbing the dead on the ground. I take what this idiot says with a pinch of salt.

However, as much as I hate to agree, he does make some valid points about the debt this country is now in and the handouts to freeloaders and illegals etc. Can't argue much with that.

If I had the chance of moving to Oz then yes I would take it. Unfortunately, can't get enought points so as a person opposite to a freeloader I'm stuck in Britain with the debt.

Guest fatpom
What a poncey up your own arse post. The Sun is the biggest selling newspaper in Britain and has been for many years, those people always make me laugh when they say " I saw a headline in The Sun, it wasnt mine though ". I would put a fair chunk of money on that a big percentage of those who have emmigrated where regular Sun readers.

And for what its worth i think KM and even John Gaunt write excellent columns every week, and tend to speak up for the pissed off down trodden Brit who is sick to death of being **** on every week.

Now why am I not surprised you're a fan of Kelvin! :biglaugh:

Guest Andy
Now why am I not surprised you're a fan of Kelvin! :biglaugh:

Why are you not surprised?:unsure:

Guest Andy
I notice he calls the PM a liar.I wonder whether Mr Brown might just put in a call to his lawyer about that one?

Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of Mr Brown or his government but you have to be pretty sure of yourself to call someone a liar in print these days.

I hear what you are saying Nigel but you can bet your life every word is pored over by in house lawyers to protect them. And besides every time Brown opens his mouth he lies to the public, so maybe we should all think about suing him and his corrupt government.

I hear what you are saying Nigel but you can bet your life every word is pored over by in house lawyers to protect them. And besides every time Brown opens his mouth he lies to the public, so maybe we should all think about suing him and his corrupt government.

Brown isn't just a liar. He's a thief as well. Raided the working mans pension less we forget.

Guest Andy
Brown isn't just a liar. He's a thief as well. Raided the working mans pension less we forget.

You are spot on, the sooner this clown and his cronies are out then maybe the country can start to repair the damage and then maybe their would not be so many people leaving. But I fear another year in office will finish the country for good.

Guest Shreen

It is an opinion piece, but as the Sun is the biggest selling newspaper it probably is having some affect, especially as I heard collegues talking about it as fact lol. I do wonder if Visabureau paid for the promotion?

It is interesting that they did not mention the problems with migrating at the moment, other than a passing line. It's disheartening enough with all the changes going on at the moment and is setting more people up to think its easy when it's not.

We are probably going to get a whole load of new poms joining this forum soon ha ha!

Guest mattsmash

Christ, that's the last thing Australia needs, a few thousand Sun readers heading to their shores.

They won't know what's hit them!

Guest proud2beaussie

There's going to be nowt migrants coming to Australia for awhile anyway.

They will all be staying home to watch the Ashes won't they? still it won't take long for the Aussies to win the series,probably be over and done with after the third test.

Guest mattsmash

have you no faith in our mighty cricket team, surely Flintoff et al can deliver the goods again?

Guest proud2beaussie
have you no faith in our mighty cricket team, surely Flintoff et al can deliver the goods again?

:laugh::laugh:

Guest mattsmash

:biglaugh:

i was laughing as i typed it myself.

ah well we can but dream.

Archived