Been in Australia 6 months today

twinsmom65

Well time sure flies by. We have been in Australia exactly 6 months today.

Six months ago, we left Autumn in Canada and arrived in Spring in Perth. Our journey took almost 3 days to get from Toronto to Perth.

We spent the first 5 weeks in a furnished rental in Clarkson. Hubby found a job within 3 weeks as a Project Manager in Malaga for an Air Con company. I managed to find a job within 3 weeks working at The Vines.

We moved from Clarkson to The Vines, as it was closer to work for both of us. I lost my job in December due to restructuring. I have found another job in Landsdale, after looking for almost 7 weeks.

My 15 year old twin girls have now done 2 months of school here (they attend Ellenbrook Secondary College). They are in year 10, and are ahead one year than they were in Canada.

We are slowly but surly getting settled here. We were one of the ones that came over with no furniture, no job to come to and having never been to Australia before and knowing nobody.

Has been easy, no... it has been up and down, but we are determined to make it work. We are just in the process of applying for a mortgage so that we can buy our first home here.

Life for us is not that different than it was in Canada. We don't go out alot, but we never did back home in Canada (always been homebodies).

We are definately enjoying the weather here much better than back home. It was especially nice to tease people back in Canada during their winter, telling them how hot it was here when they were enduring snowstorm after snowstorm.

Well looking forward to the next 6 months in the chapter of our new lives.

Cheers

Karen

Guest guest17301

Well done Karen, sounds good, we are 3 months in and feeling very contented. Life is certainly good out here if you put in the hard work and take the rough with the smooth. Must be very different for you coming from Canada, British people tend to think of Canada as an idyllic winter wonderland..(well I do at least!) Good luck for another 6 successful months:wubclub:

Guest Perth Princess

You arrived about a week before us, we are almost 6 months. We also came with nothing so have had to build complete new lives. It's been hard work but all worth it. Here's to the next 6 months:wubclub:

Guest moving down under
Well time sure flies by. We have been in Australia exactly 6 months today.

Six months ago, we left Autumn in Canada and arrived in Spring in Perth. Our journey took almost 3 days to get from Toronto to Perth.

We spent the first 5 weeks in a furnished rental in Clarkson. Hubby found a job within 3 weeks as a Project Manager in Malaga for an Air Con company. I managed to find a job within 3 weeks working at The Vines.

We moved from Clarkson to The Vines, as it was closer to work for both of us. I lost my job in December due to restructuring. I have found another job in Landsdale, after looking for almost 7 weeks.

My 15 year old twin girls have now done 2 months of school here (they attend Ellenbrook Secondary College). They are in year 10, and are ahead one year than they were in Canada.

We are slowly but surly getting settled here. We were one of the ones that came over with no furniture, no job to come to and having never been to Australia before and knowing nobody.

Has been easy, no... it has been up and down, but we are determined to make it work. We are just in the process of applying for a mortgage so that we can buy our first home here.

Life for us is not that different than it was in Canada. We don't go out alot, but we never did back home in Canada (always been homebodies).

We are definately enjoying the weather here much better than back home. It was especially nice to tease people back in Canada during their winter, telling them how hot it was here when they were enduring snowstorm after snowstorm.

Well looking forward to the next 6 months in the chapter of our new lives.

Cheers

Karen

Hi Karen,

Nice to see another Canadian on here. We are from BC and are still waiting for our visa. We had hoped to be there by July this year, but now it's not looking like that will happen.:no:

I'm so glad to hear that you and your family have settled and it wasn't that bad. We will be coming over in the same situation as you, with no furniture etc... We did visit QLD for 2 weeks last August but that is all. I can't wait to get there and start a new chapter in our lives.

Good luck to you and your family. Looking forward to another update.

Cheers,

Melissa

Archived