Medicals Total disaster!!!

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Guest tracy hunt

thanks for that Vod. He would be ok with the whisper test if there is no background noise.

I'll be worrying about that now for the next few weeks, at least that will take my mind off the last worry!

I'm glad I've made someone smile today with my humour, and as for the fish - well really they're going to my mother-in-law, but that didn't sound as funny.

Just wondering, if they find him out about not being able to hear properly, do they still let you pass the medical? Any medical experts out there?

xx

Guest Vicar of Dibley

It must really be like not being able to see properly. All they are concerned about is that you haven't got a serious complicated medical problem that is going to drain them of resources. It doesn't sound to me a s if your OH fits that description by any stretch of the imagination.

I know how hard ot is coz as you can tell by my posts I'm a real worry pants! But lets keep thinking positive together!

thanks for that Vod. He would be ok with the whisper test if there is no background noise.

I'll be worrying about that now for the next few weeks, at least that will take my mind off the last worry!

I'm glad I've made someone smile today with my humour, and as for the fish - well really they're going to my mother-in-law, but that didn't sound as funny.

Just wondering, if they find him out about not being able to hear properly, do they still let you pass the medical? Any medical experts out there?

xx

Hi Tracy

Just to let you know we never had a hearing test, Doc just looked in our ears:skeptical:

Sam x

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Thanks for those lovely words.

To be honest after my "misery enema" the other day!! I felt sooo guilty and piggin selfish. There was me just thinking about me when there was a whole load of peeps to say Hi to and to congratulate etc. I'm not the angel Gabriel by any stretch (that was already taken but I would like to say I woz robbed!!!):biglaugh: But I sat there in me bunny slippers thinking that a forum is about giving support as well as getting it so I gave myself a slap (got to get my kicks somehow and the spin dryer won't stand my weight any more!!!!):arghh: (That's me on the spin dryer!!!!).

I must say I am really loving this forum , I feel like I've made lots of friends already and thats fab!!

Lots of LUV The Vicar! xxxxxxx

Guest michele'n'michael

:biglaugh:

Thanks for those lovely words.

To be honest after my "misery enema" the other day!! I felt sooo guilty and piggin selfish. There was me just thinking about me when there was a whole load of peeps to say Hi to and to congratulate etc. I'm not the angel Gabriel by any stretch (that was already taken but I would like to say I woz robbed!!!):biglaugh: But I sat there in me bunny slippers thinking that a forum is about giving support as well as getting it so I gave myself a slap (got to get my kicks somehow and the spin dryer won't stand my weight any more!!!!):arghh: (That's me on the spin dryer!!!!).

I must say I am really loving this forum , I feel like I've made lots of friends already and thats fab!!

Lots of LUV The Vicar! xxxxxxx

:biglaugh: I've decided after reading your comments over the last few days you're clinically insane!!(meant in the nicest poss way) Did you put that in your meds?? Mich xx:

Guest tracy hunt

Thanks for your positive thoughts VOD.

I'm sure we will be fine now just as you will be.

Afterall no one is ever in absolute perfect health are they. We can all think of something that could be iffy if we think hard enough, I'm sure.

I asked myself 2 questions - Will Bradley's hearing loss ever effect his job? and will he ever need treatment? the answer to both was no. So I've convinced myself we will be going again!

How does anyone ever know if they can hear fully in both ears anyway. When Isabella was born she had a hearing test before she left hospital as a newborn as do all babies at our local hospital. My other children just had a hearing test at about 10 months which involved the health visitor standing behind them and clapping and if they happened to turn in that direction they passed! What I'm trying to say is that how does anyone really know if they can hear as well as the next person, you have nothing to compare it to unless you have hearing loss. Bradley might be able to hear better than the average person in his good ear for all we know. Like you said it must be like not being able to see properly and look how many people wear glasses! Any way I'll go now cause I'm starting to sound like a mad optician!:confused:

xx

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Funny you should mention that. I remember having a school medical once where the doc had to look at your tits after studying mine for a while he said. "Its a good job you've got a sense of humour...its probably the best thing you will ever have!!!!

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Sorry me again Tracey

If it makes you feel any better my eye sight was so bad that when the panel doc took off my glasses and told me to read as far as I could. I couldn't even see the bl***dy wall chart. Never mind what was written on it!!!

The only reason I knew that the first letter was a thumping great big "T" was that I rememembered my 6 year old saying it!!! After that it was all a blur!!

You gotta laaarff!!!

D

Guest tracy hunt

You've made me laugh tonight!

Though I'm abit concerned about the sort of school you went to where you have your tits examined!:err:

xx

Guest scott 1979

Just read your input dont worry about it. My medical was march 6th I had to get reports about drug abuse in 1996 when i was 17 yrs old because my gp at the time said i had admitted to using drugs for 18 months when my mum had told him i had been knocking around with the wrong crowd for 18 months its on my medical records cos 1 of them had spiked me and my hand on the bible thats the only time i had them but cos they gave me that much i collapsed later at home and my parents took me to hospital in 1996 the gp got the wrong end of the stick and put it in my medical records so what your going through is natural i know its fetched up bad memories but you shouldnt have a problem . were just waiting for a reply from DIMIA i hope it will be visa granted (fingers crossed) Ive just celebrated my 28th birthday on weds so i hope they will see after raising a family and getting a trade since then my circumstances are different to what my old gp drawn the picture of .B

Guest mandyx
Hi Tracy

Just to let you know we never had a hearing test, Doc just looked in our ears:skeptical:

Sam x

We had our med's done in B'ham and the DR. only had a quick look in our ears.We just

sat in a line. and he checked all our ears it took about 10 seconds do do all 5 of us.

I think it all depends on what panel dr you have.:unsure:

Guest scott 1979

Yes me my wife and our daughter who is only 5 only had our ears looked in and had no proper test .

But the eye test our daughter beat us both . Like i said the only thing thats bothering me is that thing with the drugs with it being so long ago and me being so young the panel doctor told me not to worry to much about it. But i cant help it. iTS A WORRYING THING

Guest SAINTHURLOCK
Hi guys

Its the Vicar again

Well we had our meds today. Hubby and two children sailed through! Me...complete disaster. I now need a total of five different reports done including (get this ladies) reports on the two D&C's I had after 2 miscarriages!!!! (Sorry if that is too much info for some). Can you believe that????????

I am totally gutted. Not only that but my blood pressure decided to go through the roof.

I was totally distraught by the time I came out and have only just stopped crying!

It seems like I will be the failure and because of me, no-one will be able to go to OZ. I feel totally devastated.:sad: :sad: :sad:

This is insane,it sometimes makes me wonder ...whats the effin point,everyone seems to put themselves thru some \sort of personal trauma/violation/bankcruptsy/divorce/mental breakdown to get into this country,and for what exactly?? i hope its worth it.:arghh:

Guest mandyx
Yes me my wife and our daughter who is only 5 only had our ears looked in and had no proper test .

But the eye test our daughter beat us both . Like i said the only thing thats bothering me is that thing with the drugs with it being so long ago and me being so young the panel doctor told me not to worry to much about it. But i cant help it. iTS A WORRYING THING

Hi scott

I hpoe you had a lovley birthday.

I think if there was a problem the panel dr would have mentioned this to you.

I sould try not worry . I dont thinkit will be long now till you hear about your visa.And belive me

thats when every thing go mad:goofy:

Guest mandyx
This is insane,it sometimes makes me wonder ...whats the effin point,everyone seems to put themselves thru some \sort of personal trauma/violation/bankcruptsy/divorce/mental breakdown to get into this country,and for what exactly?? i hope its worth it.:arghh:

Ditto:yes:

Guest scott 1979

I know its worth it ive had numerous holidays there. And i was no angel when i was growing up being brought up through pit strikes.(who would expect anything different in a mikning village with nothing ) But like i said im a good man with a trade and a family. And i have family living there my little girl loves it there and its our dream to live there. I just wish our government would make it so hard for the rapists and murderers they let in from Kosovo and kindred countries .

And thanks Mandy my birthday was great as always

Archived