Medicals Total disaster!!!

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Hi guys

Its the Vicar again

Well we had our meds today. Hubby and two children sailed through! Me...complete disaster. I now need a total of five different reports done including (get this ladies) reports on the two D&C's I had after 2 miscarriages!!!! (Sorry if that is too much info for some). Can you believe that????????

I am totally gutted. Not only that but my blood pressure decided to go through the roof.

I was totally distraught by the time I came out and have only just stopped crying!

It seems like I will be the failure and because of me, no-one will be able to go to OZ. I feel totally devastated.:sad: :sad: :sad:

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Thanks guys. Hugz appreciated and much needed. I am usually very upbeat but I can't believe that they needed all that info. I am totally, totally gutted!

Guest michele'n'michael
Hi guys

Its the Vicar again

Well we had our meds today. Hubby and two children sailed through! Me...complete disaster. I now need a total of five different reports done including (get this ladies) reports on the two D&C's I had after 2 miscarriages!!!! (Sorry if that is too much info for some). Can you believe that????????

I am totally gutted. Not only that but my blood pressure decided to go through the roof.

I was totally distraught by the time I came out and have only just stopped crying!

It seems like I will be the failure and because of me, no-one will be able to go to OZ. I feel totally devastated.:sad: :sad: :sad:

OMG I had 3 miscarriages in between my 2 children & 2 D&C's about 8 yrs ago. I never even thought this would be a problem!! Poor you, It's an area of your life that was sooooooooooo traumatic you don't want to relive!! Michele xx & good luck ( we're just going thro the stat dec for employment at the mo.):shocked:

Guest graham$nic

Hi well carnt believe they did that info but chin up and keep smiling im sure it will all come good in the end thinking of you x

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi guys

Its the Vicar again

Hi Vicar

Our experience with my elderly Mum is that they want a load of reports which are clinically unnecessary, about things that have gone on in the past but you are still walking around so you must be OK.

Mum is now 85 (then 85) and she is dependent on a zimmer-frame after breaking her back a few years ago. When we asked for the neuro-surgeon's report etc, Mum's Australian GP said, "They won't be interested in any of this. It was all so long ago."

Tha Australian Panel Doctor in Southampton did reject most of the stuff we had obtained from the GP, reckoning that it was history and not worth bothering with now. However, he did weed out the two reports about Mum's back and her subsequent broken hip and sent those to Oz.

The Medical Officer of the Commonwealth than asked for Mum to be examined by a geriatrician. This old boy is a very illustrious Professor etc to judge from his blogs on the web, BUT he was 80 himself and now only works one day a week. I spluttered, "The MOC is askihg for a report from a geriatrician, not a report from a blinking fellow-geriatric!"

Anyhow, the old codger examined Mum and they swapped groans about about their aches & pains. He told the MOC that Mum is no more decrepit than he is himself and he reckons both of them have a pretty good chance of making it to a ripe old age.

Personally, I thought the report was equivocal and might sink Mum on the meds. Far from it. All that the MOC really wanted was somebody else they could sue if the geriatrician turns out to be wrong about Mum, I now reckon. A LOT of this is about laying off the legal risk on to somebody else and is not about clinical medicine at all, I now strongly suspect.

Mum sailed through the meds in spite of my fears. So will you, chooks, never fear. It is just a tedious, foot-slogging phase at the moment. Just get the extra reports together and everything will work out OK. You will see.

Chin up, honey.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Thanks for your replies and support.

I'm going to put the kettle on and have a nice cuppa. Good night sleep and sense of humour will be fully restored tomorrow.

Bless you!

Guest Gollywobbler

PS Vicar

Tony Coates, one of the Migration Agents who helps out with the site, has promised to be in the chatroom later this evening, from about 9.30pm onwards, to answer questions from people who are worried for one reason or another.

He has been mugging up on the meds because someone else has a meds-worry. If you are around a bit later, why not ask Tony about this turn of events?

Cheers babes

Gill

think pos vic i am sure you will be ok and i really do feel for you,:eek: our family are waiting to go for our medicals in april and i only have to go into a doctors and my blood pressure goes through the roof keep smiling nearly there:v_SPIN: thinking of you all alli

Guest kimdownie

Hi VOD,

I am so sorry to hear about your day, i am sure it will be fine in the end. There has got to be loads of people who have gone through a similar situation, I know that Cal (calngary)has had problems with her health......and she is happy now sunning it up in oz.

have a glass of wine, and an early night and it will all seem better in the morning

best wishes

Kimx

Guest The.Colebecks

God, sorry to read your post.

I had a D&C following my 6th miscarriage :sad: I guess I'll need a report on that as well then .... or did you have extra complications?? Mine was completely straightforward.

Hope everything comes back okay, try and stay as positively as you can or else your BP will remain unstable :err:

Hugs

Karen x

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Hi there

No, no complications- just the routine stuff!

I've calmed down a bit now. Cup of Tea by computer and bunny slippers firmly on!

The doc was very nice but I did end up with a bit of a shopping list to sort out!! He did say to me that 95% of peeps who have existing conditions are accepted , which is a good statistic really! I think I was just so shocked to have that bit of the past dragged up again.

Any way for those reading this who have yet to have meds, on the plus side there was no boob bearing ( which was a blessed relief because if those things had been unleashed it would have been like a pair of air bags detonating in the room:biglaugh: )

And for the OH, no tallywacker crunching!!!!::biggrin:

Andy, my OH, thought it was a doddle

We did;

Bloods

Blood pressure

Urine Sample

Eye tests

Hearing Tests

Reflexes

Simple things like waggle your fingers, clap your hands together quickly

Listening to heart and lungs and general prodding of tummy.

For all the others it was over in 15 mins!!

Hope you all have a peaceful evening

Love The Vicar

Guest THE JONEZYS

HIYA VIC'

Sorry you've had such a rough day!!

At the worst it will mean a couple of weeks delay before meds are sent off.

Looking at the bigger picture, your visa will be granted and this little hicup will be forgoton.

Try not to worry too much

Sending mwhus & hugz

LESLEYX

Guest The.Colebecks
Hi there

No, no complications- just the routine stuff!

I've calmed down a bit now. Cup of Tea by computer and bunny slippers firmly on!

The doc was very nice but I did end up with a bit of a shopping list to sort out!! He did say to me that 95% of peeps who have existing conditions are accepted , which is a good statistic really! I think I was just so shocked to have that bit of the past dragged up again.

Any way for those reading this who have yet to have meds, on the plus side there was no boob bearing ( which was a blessed relief because if those things had been unleashed it would have been like a pair of air bags detonating in the room:biglaugh: )

Andy, my OH, thought it was a doddle

We did;

Bloods

Blood pressure

Urine Sample

Eye tests

Hearing Tests

Reflexes

Simple things like waggle your fingers, clap your hands together quickly

Listening to heart and lungs and general prodding of tummy.

For all the others it was over in 15 mins!!

Hope you all have a peaceful evening

Love The Vicar

God, you've got me all a flutter now :wideeyed:

I've been stressing all along that any issues would come from the fact that one of our sons has a non-serious heart condition, not due to a few small operations I've had done from the age of 7 onwards - you know the usual tonsils, grommets, etc and a few other non-serious things along the way.

I'll be TOTALLY p'ssed off if it ends up being a simple procedure that I've had done in the murky distant past that thwarts the whole damn visa thing for us :mad:

Hi vic

Sorry to hear you had bad time at docs.:sad:

We had to get 2 letters from consultants for our son and OH. They came within 2 wks while we were waiting for bloods to come back. And all been sent to Sydney this week,

So get on to it first thing tomorrow and stay positive.:yes:

All the best

Sam :wubclub:

The Vicar

Thank you for those lovely images!!!! I will never stroke the airbag bits on my car again...:eek:

I had a D&C and it made no difference. Didn't even ask for any supplementary reports or check ups.I know things change but I suspect some doctors might be a little more jobs-worth than others, but I wouldn't worry more than you can help. It's all so unbelievably stressful isn't it? It's like a big test, you know, unless you jump through ALL our hoops, then you can't really want that visa!

No words of wisdom there, but I am sending you :wub: !LC

Make a GP appointment and request copies of the consultant report that would have been sent to your surgery following your D & C's. They will all be on official hospital headed paper and you will then probably only need photo copies of these. Hope this helps. PARH

Hi vicar,

Sorry to hear about your stressful day you sound like a really bubbly person.

This may seem like a strange question but anyone got any experience with eye laser treatment, I hadn't really thought about it but it seems they want to know the ins and outs of a ducks bum, does this count?

Guest dunnarunna

hi there

keep your chin up ( if this was said to me hubby would say which one? cheeky bar steward he is)

im sure it will be fine, i had hystericalectomy young so hope this wont cause probs

donna

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Evening all!

No sorry, don't know what the reaction to laser treatment would be, but if you put it on the form be prepared to be asked for more info.

You may find your Doc isn't interested. I think mine was going for the Hermoine Grainger award for panel doctors!!! Knew all, the rules by heart , backwards and in four different languages! BLESS 'IM!:P BET HIS DINNER PARTIES ARE A HOOT!!!

Guest michele'n'michael
Hi vicar,

Sorry to hear about your stressful day you sound like a really bubbly person.

This may seem like a strange question but anyone got any experience with eye laser treatment, I hadn't really thought about it but it seems they want to know the ins and outs of a ducks bum, does this count?

Bl**** he**, I,ve had laser eye surgery too. I,m beginning to feel like a knacker job!! Where's the Vet to shoot me?!!:arghh:

Guest jonseywife

Well VOD

Just to say that after your s**t day today , you have still managed to make me really laugh, with the reference to you AIRBAGS and your old mans tallywacker crunching and the know it all doctor..............tee hee :notworthy:

Good luck to you and hope it goes well, and this is all just a formality, you know how much the DIMA like forms and more paper work...... they cant keep a good vicar down!!!

Keep smiling and all will be well, fingers crossed for you xxxxxxxxxxxxx :wub:

Guest tracy hunt

My husband is almost completely deaf in one ear. Does anyone think this may be a problem. He had a cold about 8 years ago and the virus attacked his inner ear.

He's always thought of it as an advantage, cause he can't hear me calling him from another room to ask him to do something! I don't know if the hearing test is very technical.

xx

Guest michele'n'michael

:policeman:

My husband is almost completely deaf in one ear. Does anyone think this may be a problem. He had a cold about 8 years ago and the virus attacked his inner ear.

He's always thought of it as an advantage, cause he can't hear me calling him from another room to ask him to do something! I don't know if the hearing test is very technical.

xx

:policeman: Just to let you know i've phoned the animal rights officer regarding the fish!! FISH HAVE RIGHTS TOO!!!!!

Guest koala12

Hi - If Dr had tested you for sense of humour you would have passed 100% fit - your post really brought a smile to my face!!! Hope everything works out well for you and you'll soon be joining us all in Oz......good luck!

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Morning Tracey

Well, for us the hearing test was really straight forward. The doc got his ear looking thingy and stuck it in each ear. Then he stood over the other side of the room and whispered numbers to us which we had to repeat back to him.

That was it!!!!!!!!

He even whispered some total rubbish to my youngest just to try and fox her..but no flies on Sophie, she just whispered it right back!!!

I realyy don't think you need to worry about that.Honest

Have a jubbly day!

Love VOD

Archived