How do we supply proof of funds for State Sponsorship?

Taz2008

There are a few of us on here who have applied and are waiting to hear about State Sponsorship with QLD, however, they have recently changed their application forms and I wanted to know if anybody knows the answers to these questions;

1) If our application is already in can they now request proof of funds even though they had not asked this on their previous application form?

2) If the answer is yes, and funds are tied up in the house, will this matter? Will they still give out SS knowing that we have to sell the house before we have the funds actually in the bank?

3) Has anyone been in this situation of having the funds but them being tied up in property and still receiving state sponsorship?

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light to this...:wubclub:

Tasha x

Guest juliemtaylor

on our Vic application we put the amount we expected to have after we sold all in Uk and explained the value of our house etc.

Julie x

Guest OgaPoga

We applied for Victoria state sponsorship in Jan 09 and while our application was still in the decision process, Victoria placed a note on their Website that they will be changing the application forms on date xxx and advised everyone who is in process of filling forms to finalize by date xxx.

Can not speak for qld, but as for Victoria - they never came to us and asked for any "new extra" questions, which they have placed on the new form.

Guest Samfire

Hi there,

Applied to ACT for SS - don't know specifics on requirements for other states, but the ACT guidelines changed in March 2009 (after we submitted our application - 20th Feburary 2009) - We submitted property valuation certificate, as proof of financial worth is mandatory for ACT State Sponsorship, however, with the changes in the guidelines, suddenly property alone was not considered proof of funds, so we were asked to submit a cost of living budget estimate, showing our research into the cost of living in the ACT, outlining what we knew about costs, charges in the Territory and how we planned to support ourselves upon arrival. As hubby has a job offer, it wasn't a problem and we got State sponsorship approved today.

My advice to you would be to check out the guidelines for yourself on the Government website - this weblink might help clarify things for you.

http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/dsdweb/v4/apps/web/content.cfm?id=3168

Cheers!

Hi there,

Applied to ACT for SS - don't know specifics on requirements for other states, but the ACT guidelines changed in March 2009 (after we submitted our application - 20th Feburary 2009) - We submitted property valuation certificate, as proof of financial worth is mandatory for ACT State Sponsorship, however, with the changes in the guidelines, suddenly property alone was not considered proof of funds, so we were asked to submit a cost of living budget estimate, showing our research into the cost of living in the ACT, outlining what we knew about costs, charges in the Territory and how we planned to support ourselves upon arrival. As hubby has a job offer, it wasn't a problem and we got State sponsorship approved today.

My advice to you would be to check out the guidelines for yourself on the Government website - this weblink might help clarify things for you.

Work Live Play

Cheers!

glitterfy052449T704D34.gif

on getting your State Sponsorship today!!!

You will be celebrating tonight I bet!!!:jiggy:

Thanks for the info on what you had to supply to your state and for the link you provided, however, I have already gone through that link with a fine tooth comb!!! LOL

At first QLD were not that strict and did not ask for any information for proof, but just recently thay have changed this and am not sure if its something they will request from me now, even though they already have our application. I guess time will tell...

Thank again and well done.

Tasha

Archived