The thing I'm most worried bout... (medicals)

LukeM

Ok the news...

Just as I expected: all good up 'til the blood test!! I don't handle them well. I don't think I need to say any more than that except this message took a bit longer 'cos my arm REALLY hurts. I've never been good with any needles of any description in my arm, it goes numb for ages afterwards and this one is quite a sore one... :cry:

My pain in the bum younger brother is lucky he's too young to need the blood test! :confused:

Yes indeed it is over and hopefully won't find anything wrong. The staff at the clinic were really great, yes. However... as I said me and blood tests don't work too well. My hand has a habit of going really numb for a fair few days afterwards, no matter how far up they take anything from!! And they never get a vein first time either. Grrr.

Anyway we did... chest x-rays first, then had to go to a different building where we had to do urine sample, then weight, then height, then sight test (I knew the eyesight was going to be where I lost out!! And evidently, I did)... then after that it was all the "lie down on the bed so I can prod you with this thing and feel for any lumps" thing and the (save the worst for last) blood test! Gah. :arghh:

:laugh: 'nuff said. Now just let me into Australia?!

• 2 years later...

During my medical (done in the US) I didn't even have to take my pants off. Shirt off for the X-ray and for the doctor to listen to your heart and lungs, but nothing below the belt. Felt around your belly but never went below the waist. Might be different if you report problems down there...

Archived