Is there any time limit to upload documents ????

dan77

Hi when I did my 175 application online I recd an email shortly after advising all documents had to be uploaded within 28 days. ( not medicals etc obviously ) just the stuff on the document list. It said they may process after that time with whatever is uploaded. Hope that helps.

Ive been able to upload mine slowly since I applied in October 2008. I haven't been assigned a CO yet but I've no problem adding documents for 6 months!!

How can this be? I hear a lot of people say they have only 28 days after the application.

Guest seank

28 Days is the official time limit, after which the DIAC are entitled to decide your application on the basis of what's been uploaded. But if you haven't got a case officer at that point, no decision is going to be made at that point anyway.

If you want to play it safe, then let them know the reasons why the documents aren't available. If you have any confirmation of applications that you've made and are waiting for - passport, birth certificate etc, then scan and upload the proof of application.

regards

Sean

Guest zedster

We've just uploaded our documents but they're asking for evidence of state sponsorship

(Evidence of S/T gov agency or Reg Certifying Body nom).

We've been sponsored by Immi SA but only received an email from them. Do I copy the email and create a pdf of that? I have already contacted Immi SA to give them our TRN no. so I think they then send a letter to DIAC to let them know about the state sponsorship but do we need to do it too? I guess all I can do is create a pdf of the email I received from Immi SA. If anyone knows what to do here I'd be most grateful for your advice.

Guest Rocker

As per the email you receive after you lodge your application:

"Regulation 2.15 of the Migration Regulations 1994 provides a time limit of 28 days after the date of this email for you to submit the documents previously listed. If you do not respond within this timeframe, the ASPC may proceed to decide this application on the basis of the available information."

but I think you can upload documents before the CO is assigned and normally when some document is missing the CO asks to send that document.

However its always a better approach to upload as many document as you can within 28 days.

Archived