Clothes shops in australia

Guest JK2510

Guest Squem

oooooooooooo no way... forever 21 ship internationally?!!?!

I went to NY twice last year and I spent so much time in that shop... the one opposite Macy's is amazing!!!

I brought a gorgeous black satin dress for £10!!!!! £10 i tell you... amazing! lol!

As you can tell i love to shop! Looks like it will be done online from now on haha! When i was in Oz in 2006 I was shocked at how bad the clothing was hehe!

Thanks again!

X

Guest yankee

Glad you liked it! You can walk out of that place (and the other locations as well) and have a bag full of stuff and still money left over. I'm with ya.. now if only Century 21 in NYC would have an online store... or if DSW would do international shipping *sigh*. A girl can dream! :jiggy:

Guest Squem

ha ha ha Century 21... 3 hours of my NY trip was spent in there lol!!

Didn't go to DSW though!

I'm going to now spend my time going through all your links and adding them to my favourites hehe!

Emma x

Guest Squem

Soooooooo many shoes....... what a brilliant website and they are so cheap! WHY have you shown me this hahaha! I'm gonna end up wanting loads of shoes! The sandals page is my fav... so many! Arghhhh lol

As most of the clothes here are made in China (like everthing else) Im an average overweight bloke uk sizes shirts etc medium to large if they are skinny fit here bought 3 large ,no chance xl just fits sometimes on chest ,I aint no arny . Know a couple of brit lads and they have to have xxl and they aint fatties , god knows who buys small

Guest NurseFlo
ha ha ha Century 21... 3 hours of my NY trip was spent in there lol!!

Didn't go to DSW though!

I'm going to now spend my time going through all your links and adding them to my favourites hehe!

Emma x

3 hours in century 21? You got off lightly!! When I went it was dark by the time I surfaced out on the street. Think I spent 2 hours in the shoe dept alone! I can remember having a half time break, buying a diet coke from a flirty street vendor opposite the store, telling him I was going back in cos I hadn't finished. And I hate shopping!! :goofy:

• 6 months later...
Guest Deboroo2

From my travels around OZ. Myer has lovely clothes and so does just jeans. Target is okay but I would say they are compared to primark. Don't forget you can buy clothes online with marks and new look as they deliver to Australia! I hope that helps! :-)

HI all,

I was hoping if all those poms in oz could tell me about nice clothes shop that are similar to those like Next,H and M,New look,Tammy and M and S. I cant seem to find anything of much use on the net.

thanks

Jodie

Just bring over as much as you can because the clothing here is crap, the quality is dreadful, hey maybe bring tons then you can sell it all on to us, bring M&S please and Next :jiggy:

• 1 year later...
There are some decent mens shops in Melbourne, but my girlfriend thinks the womens clothes are a joke, you just have to look around and see what the locals wear, it's like going back to the 80's.

We're off back to the UK for a couple of weeks in June with empty suitcases to return with some decent gear.

Jim

Go to Chadstone, if you haven't already? There are some UK retailers there, and plenty of others.

After living and shopping in Melbourne for the past 3 and a bit years i now know what shops i like for different items of clothing.

For ages when i first arrived all i could do was compare clothes here to those in the UK. I still get my underwear from Marks and Sparks and my mum sends me loads of baby clothes, which she buys for next to nothing from George /Tesco etc. I also fnd shoes to be very expensive.

In my opinion there are loads (in fact hundreds!) of clothes shops in Melbourne, you just have to work out the sizing and shops which stock the clothes that you like.

I know some people buy from the same shops year in year out, which is fine. But to make the sweeping statement that the clothes are crap, especially in Melbourne, seems a bit strange to me....:spinny:

Hi, I recently discovered that Next now deliver to Oz I think for $7.50. Go on the normal website and click on the australian flag along the bottom it will take you to the site. Hope that helps. Other than that I have mainly gone to Target, Im still trying to find the shops I like as we have only been here 6 months.

Guest guest32776

Clothes shops in Oz are pretty abysmal. Myers has the odd thing and Esprit is okay but other than that I just buy online from the UK - M & S, Next, ASOS, Cult - even if you can find French Connection, Diesel, Firetrap, Ben Sherman, A&F, Gas etc over in Oz it is lots more expensive and no real choice. Target is the most common clothes shop but it is unfashionable junk of Primark quality...There are lots of bizarre chains - like Noni B (!??!) and Sussan.... Online is definitely the way to go! Besides it is nicer getting parcels... Christmas every day.

Guest guest22466
There is a DFO (?) near Brissy airport that has some goo dclothes. Picked up some right bargins!!

Maybe ask M&S and NEXT if they will set up shop out here in Australia I would sign up for them.......:biggrin:

House of Fraser deliver and new look, dorothy perkins, next, debenhams, top shop, miss selfridge.

House of fraser have good designer gear like firetrap, diesel etc.

remember we shouldn't be paying VAT on clothes that are exported here, but they don't tell you that. Have to pester them for money back about 17%.

Clothes shops in Oz are pretty abysmal. Myers has the odd thing and Esprit is okay but other than that I just buy online from the UK - M & S, Next, ASOS, Cult - even if you can find French Connection, Diesel, Firetrap, Ben Sherman, A&F, Gas etc over in Oz it is lots more expensive and no real choice. Target is the most common clothes shop but it is unfashionable junk of Primark quality...There are lots of bizarre chains - like Noni B (!??!) and Sussan.... Online is definitely the way to go! Besides it is nicer getting parcels... Christmas every day.

Have you ever had to send anything back ?

Guest guest32776
Have you ever had to send anything back ?

I sent back something to ASOS once - a blouse which had a small tear in. They refunded it as I said it would be too long to wait for another. It worked fine. I suppose the only pain is not getting to try stuff on but it seems so cheap in the UK and there is so much variety compared to here it seems worth that risk... I've had a book on ebay not arrive as well - it was only 3 quid though - and 1.20 in postage - compared to the 25 dollars it would have cost me here. I think I could have chased that up with paypal but the amount seemed too poxy to bother.

House of Fraser deliver and new look, dorothy perkins, next, debenhams, top shop, miss selfridge.

House of fraser have good designer gear like firetrap, diesel etc.

remember we shouldn't be paying VAT on clothes that are exported here, but they don't tell you that. Have to pester them for money back about 17%.

Hmmm

I thought about the VAT point. Has anyone been successful in claiming the VAT off items purchased?

Archived