Which airline,what plane, where to stop off and where to book.

Guest michelledenham

Guest michelledenham

Hi, i have 2 small kids and we will be traveling to Perth. But which airline? Which are the best? What type of plane? I hear the 380 is good! Where is good to stop off and for how long? And where is the best and easiest place to book the 'one-way' flights?

Guest michelledenham

Heard, 'singapore, 380, hong-kong, 4-6hrs and the internet'. Any one agree, disagree. Anyt different tips.... All greatly appreciated, thanks x

Think the 380 is from heathrow btw? dont know if that matters,were going to adelaide to validate in april,via singapore,supposedly the airport has free cinema,large pool etc,we just preferred a visit to singapore harbour etc over hong kong thats all. threads lately say cathay pacific are cheapest at the mo although were going with singapore airlines,good luck anyway ,oh btw we got our deal with dialaflight,someone on here the other day said they got one way for £387! "nigelinoz" runs a travel company if you want to PM him

Guest michelledenham

Alot of the internet sites want let you book 'one-way' flights. It can also be hard to specify what plane you want, where you want to stop and for how long. Might be easier to just go to a 'travel-agent'.

Alot of the internet sites want let you book 'one-way' flights. It can also be hard to specify what plane you want, where you want to stop and for how long. Might be easier to just go to a 'travel-agent'.

Well im not a frequent flyer tbh,others will know more,but im pretty sure the airlines will let you book one way? dialaflight "asked" did i want one way or return so im assuming they do one way,or "nigelinoz" off PIO might be able to sort it out,also the thing when you book direct with the airline is you have more control over your seating/food etc im told?we have to fly from manchester and they hadnt started using the 380 from there when i booked,i can vouch for dialaflight,theyve been decent with me,offered me a load of options re stopovers etc.

Guest Emcooper

we are looking at going in November and have been trying to get prices, only on the internet so far. Online the cheapest we have found for 2 adults and one baby is emarites. Cathay pacific came in at something ridiculous like quite a few thousand for one way. tried it a few times, altho I think thats wrong as I flew to oz last yr with Cathay and they were the cheapest flights!!

Guest TheStyrings

Hi

We have our flights booked for 23 May to Perth. There are 7 of us - we have 5 children - and we booked through dialaflight. We're going from Heathrow with Cathay Pacific, stopping in Hong Kong for 2 hours then on to Perth. We paid £343 for 4 adults (2 eldest classed as adults due to being over 12) and £289 for 3 kids. If you look on internet and get their number, it was Chester who we booked with and he was very helpful. Hope this helps.

When are you going and where in Perth are you heading?

Dawn x x x

Guest carla81

Hello, ive got a 2 year old son and am moving to Perth in july. I like Singapore airlines, they are very friendly and the airport is great. I only stay about 2 hours as think its just best to get there. There is a swimming pool in the airport for you to use if you pack your swimming bits, although Emeriates tends to be cheaper and quicker, i personally am not keen on Dubai airport but i am choosing to fly this way this time, as it saves money!

What part of Perth are you going to? and when? Carla x

Guest michelledenham

Hi Carla,

I have a almost 5yr old and a almost 3yr old. We are hoping to head out around June 09 and we are aiming for the NORTH of Perth.... Yanchep to be exact.

Where are you heading too? Do you have family out there?

Hello, ive got a 2 year old son and am moving to Perth in july. I like Singapore airlines, they are very friendly and the airport is great. I only stay about 2 hours as think its just best to get there. There is a swimming pool in the airport for you to use if you pack your swimming bits, although Emeriates tends to be cheaper and quicker, i personally am not keen on Dubai airport but i am choosing to fly this way this time, as it saves money!

What part of Perth are you going to? and when? Carla x

Guest janagaraja

Hi

Try this travel agent

www.opodo.co.uk

They give plenty of routes and best fare and many of my freinds refer this site. jana

Heard, 'singapore, 380, hong-kong, 4-6hrs and the internet'. Any one agree, disagree. Anyt different tips.... All greatly appreciated, thanks x

Guest TriciaRobertson

We booked our tickets with expedia .co and were able to book one way flights. Got a good deal £150 less each than travel agents offered us. If you go with Quantas and have permanent visa you get a larger luggage allowance.

Guest guest17301

Hi Michelle,

I would book direct with Singapore Air on the net. We stopped over in the transit hotel as our flights were 12 hours apart. Money well spent..no jetlag as we all got a good 7 hours sleep. The 2 trips with small kids non stop would be a real trial I reckon but then it depends on your point of view/kids I suppose

Good luck xx

Ther is a sale on with singapore at the mo we have perth manc return for $2800 for us 2 . last month tinternet and travel agents around 5 grand come on the blades , real ale and a decent curry ( god help the bog )

Mally

Guest TheStyrings

Cant say which to use we have only flown with Emirates before and I must say they were excellent. We only had a 2 hr stopover in Dubai which was just long enough to stretch our legs and get a starbucks! Also we didnt have the kids with us which will be the real test this time. But the kids are good and we can take them anywhere, so am not anticipating any probs. Will be interesting to see what Cathtay Pacific are like when we go in May, with kids!

Dawn X X X

Guest michelledenham

Thanks Dawn,

We have flown with Cathay Pacific, to perth, with the kids. And they were actually really good.... Well the first half of the flight was... The second half of the flight from hongkong was on a really old plane. But the staff were really good, and the food wasn't too bad either.

We keep hearing that singapore and emirates are FANTASTIC!!!!!!! So for our final flight to perth we don't mind paying alittle bit more for a Fantastic flight.

Guest TheStyrings

With there being so many of us we just booked the cheapest and I had been told that Cathay Pacific were decent so the main deciding factor was cost really. I think we'll be ok as our eldest is 15 and our youngest are twins at 8, so as I said before not anticipating any probs. We're a very laid back family so we're quite relaxed about most things anyway. It's a means to an end really - only way to get there - unless we go on ship there's no real alternative lol!:laugh:

Where are you heading in Perth?

Dawn x x x

Guest brandyslad

We got one way flights this week with Lastminute.com. They were the cheapest. £387 Heathrow to Adelaide in May. Travelsupermarket were also pretty good. That is with Cathay Pacific.

Guest michelledenham

Honestly, Cathay pacific were really good. I have 2 girls, aged almost 5yrs and almost 3yrs. When we went last may they were even smaller, but I found it a 'almost' stress-free experience.

Were heading to the NOR of Perth, really liked 'yanchep'. Visas are due to come back anytime between now and the end of may, so we are hoping to go early june.

Where are you and your gang heading?

Guest shawgorbys

Hi to everyone, im sorry but with the credit crunch and everything else i would personally leave it till the last minute go to a good travel agents and see whats the cheapest way coz at the end of it all i dont know about you guys but its cost us a small fortune just to get in to the country may be if it was like this here England might not be the way it is so good luck with everything and maybe we can all get together in Perth take care andrea&family:biggrin:

Archived