Getting internal flights with dog

Georgie

Can anyone advise on this? We need to fly from London to Leeds or Manchester with the dog. In Australia we booked flights from Perth to Melbourne and she just came with us as excess baggage. Can she come as excess baggage on a Brish flight? Jetpets will charge me $900 to get her by road from London to manchester and i would like to avoid that charge if possible.

So if anyone has any experience with this and can help i will be grateful

Hi,

We used to fly the dog as excess baggae between London and Glasgow with BritishAirways and it wasn't an issue so long as they knew and there was space available.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone advise on this? We need to fly from London to Leeds or Manchester with the dog. In Australia we booked flights from Perth to Melbourne and she just came with us as excess baggage. Can she come as excess baggage on a Brish flight? Jetpets will charge me $900 to get her by road from London to manchester and i would like to avoid that charge if possible.

So if anyone has any experience with this and can help i will be grateful

Hope you dont mind me asking but how much did it cost you to ship your dog from australia to the UK? Were in brissy and we are considering moving back home but we have 2 dogs who i will not leave behind (if you dont want to say on here if you could PM me that would be great thanks clare :)

Guest Working to fish
Hi,

We used to fly the dog as excess baggae between London and Glasgow with BritishAirways and it wasn't an issue so long as they knew and there was space available.

Tim

Same here Tim about the dog ,i was lucky they let her on in the end as excess baggage ,the wife that is.

eddie:eek::eek:

Same here Tim about the dog ,i was lucky they let her on in the end as excess baggage ,the wife that is.

eddie:eek:

LMAO:biglaugh:

I dont mind saying how much i am paying as it may be of interest to others. I am paying $2985 with Jetpets. My dog is a cocker Spaniel and weighs 16.6 Kilos. I dont know the measurements of the crate i would have to find that out but imagine the size of an average cocker and you will get the picture. This includes flights and vet costs at the other end. The kennels before she goes cost $22 a day. I had to pay for rabies jab and blood tests (depends on vet maybe but we paid $231 and $185 for these). You may get it slightly cheaper for 2 dogs or you may just pay double but ring Jetpets 1300 668 309 and they will talk you through it. Its quite easy the whole process but if you dont want quarantine get the rabies test done quickly as its 6 months before you can travel after they take the blood tests (which is a month after they do the jab). Talk to Simon at Third Avenue, Sandgate (if you are on the North side of Brisbane) tel 3869 3347 he his Aquis approved and really great. Take care about the travel crates as we couldnt use the original one she came in due to Australian standards being different from UK ones.

All the best and i cant wait to see our Molly's tail wag once she is running free in the English countryside again.

eddie:eek::eek:

Eddie,

I do hope you brought the kennel with you because thats where you'll be. Good to see you back online Mr Hide.

Tim

Just found out price with BA and its over 300 pounds just to fly the dog!!! OMG i am now looking at car hire from London to Harrogate and its about 120 pounds for a decent size car. So i think we will endure the long drive instead

Archived