moving home costs

Guest tlander56

Guest tlander56

Right...4th dodgy mole off in 3 yrs.....time to go home!

Would rather suffer the rain and cold than the constant worry about the effects of this intense sun on us and the kids!

Anyone have any rough idea of the cost of a 20ft container from Brisbane to London?

Thanks,

Tanya

Guest JoanneHattersley

Sorry cant help with cost.

Is that the only reason that you are thinking of going back????

Wridgeways are quite a good comapny so it may be worth getting them round for a quote, there is also Crown Relo in Brisbane who seem to get good feedback too. I do believe it is more expensive than shipping out here so be warned.

Sorry about the moles, at least they were caught in time,i think the mole scan clinics are an excellent idea for catching things before they get too sinister.

Cal x

Guest tlander56
Sorry cant help with cost.

Is that the only reason that you are thinking of going back????

Hi Jo,

We'd also like our children to grow up with grandparents, aunts (my sister is pregnant), uncles, cousins etc....

But yes the sun issue is a big one for me......my hubbys aussie so we knew what we were coming to...

I attended a paeds seminar at work recently...talked about skin cancer risks and the effects of solar radiation on kids in QLD.....SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!! Realised I don't mind the cold and rain anymore!!!!!!! :biglaugh:

But on a serious note...had enough now..would like more family time.

Tan x

Guest tlander56
Wridgeways are quite a good comapny so it may be worth getting them round for a quote, there is also Crown Relo in Brisbane who seem to get good feedback too. I do believe it is more expensive than shipping out here so be warned.

Sorry about the moles, at least they were caught in time,i think the mole scan clinics are an excellent idea for catching things before they get too sinister.

Cal x

Hi Cal,

Will call your suggested people...thanks for the help :spinny:

Tan x

Guest sooveroz

Would rather suffer the rain and cold than the constant worry about the effects of this intense sun on us and the kids!

Anyone have any rough idea of the cost of a 20ft container from Brisbane to London?

Thanks,

Tanya

we have had 2 quotes so far for perth to scotland - $7500 and $8300 or thereabouts. I didnt think we would fill a 20ft container but apparently we do. I dont think these quotes included insurance. we are shipping our goods ahead of us so we might also need to pay for some storage - one of the quotes (the more expensive) offered "free" storage but the quote is more.

back to thinking - should we just sell everything (although you end up practically giving it away) and buy fresh in uk. we did that coming out as most of our stuff was dated/cheap anyway, but its the additional costs of things you dont really think about like towels, bedding and ornaments that all add up.

Guest tincan

Hi there , sorry i can't help with your quote, but we are moving back to the UK on the 9/4/09 , we used Crown , the packers are coming on the 8th , then on the 9th they fill the container, we have a 40ft container , and have full insurance , the cost from Melbourne to Cumbria is a tad over $13.000 , 3 of our items need crating , so that bumps the cost up a bit , ..... then at 9.30pm on the 9th , we fly back to the uk , not long now we are counting down excitedly .... :smile:

Guest snow white

Thanks,

Tanya

hi tanya try doree bonner and mention lesley from expat relocations recommended you we had a few quotes at the beginning but found them to be the best and the free storage they offer too was great help ,get a quote from them it cant hurt to ask, we used them twice and never had a single fault best of luck with your move back to uk

all the best

lesley x

Guest tlander56
we have had 2 quotes so far for perth to scotland - $7500 and $8300 or thereabouts. I didnt think we would fill a 20ft container but apparently we do. I dont think these quotes included insurance. we are shipping our goods ahead of us so we might also need to pay for some storage - one of the quotes (the more expensive) offered "free" storage but the quote is more.

back to thinking - should we just sell everything (although you end up practically giving it away) and buy fresh in uk. we did that coming out as most of our stuff was dated/cheap anyway, but its the additional costs of things you dont really think about like towels, bedding and ornaments that all add up.

Thanks for that!

Yes, I've been thinking of selling most of our rubbish on ebay.....it's all dated and damaged too...

Which companies gave you those quotes?

Thanks,

Tan

Kent removals quoted between $8 and $9k from Brisbane to Leeds. That included packing and door to door delivery. Going to get a quote for just smaller items after selling sofas and beds etc and see what that will cost but not sure it will end up being cost effective. I will let you know.

Guest sooveroz
Thanks for that!

Yes, I've been thinking of selling most of our rubbish on ebay.....it's all dated and damaged too...

Which companies gave you those quotes?

Thanks,

Tan

move international (cheaper one)

wridgeways - more expensive.

still waiting on other quotes to come it. wridgeways guy seemed to know what he was talking about the most

We moved back in Nov and received 3 Quotes cheapest being $7500 to most expensive $10500.We used Oceansky ,goods arrived on time and no damage but 2 days before we flew we got stung for another $1700 because poor exchange rate so beware.

Regards Insurance....all the companys quoted us 3% ...but we used a Uk company Letton Percival...the charged us 1.6% and all forms completed over the internet... saved a small fortune.

IMO if you have furniture in good condition I would ship back...we had to buy a new suit for our living room and for anything decent looking at 1000 pounds upwards.

Good luck with the move back...hope you love being back as much as we do.

Guest Sue Sydneybound

:cute: I have been travelling and working in Australia for over a year now and I have used Seven Seas Worldwide on three separate occasions. They shipped over 6 boxes for me from London to Sydney, mum sent me another suitcase and I have stored stuff when I went to NZ. I know they have their own depots in Australia and pack containers themselves so why not try them. I think their service is great.

I actually met the staff at the Adventure Travel Expo in Melbourne at their stand in February.

I have had a quote c.$5000 - from company in Wetherill Park, Sydney. Your quote seems way too expensive.

Guest Sue Sydneybound

Hi Fantasia,

A lady at Seven Seas, Nicole Denny looked after my shipment from start to finish and gave me an awesome price. Her email is nicole.denny@sevenseasworldwide.com. Why don't you email her for a quote on half a container!! Seven Seas will also give you boxes and tape for free - as many as you need. Hope this helps.

Happy travels, Sue

Guest Sue Sydneybound

Hi Tanya,

Sorry to hear about your grief witha dodgy mole but it was an intense summer. You may want to try Seven Seas Worldwide, global company that started in the UK. They don't do furniture but they do everything that fits in a boxes really cheap, and they pack their own containers. The have a true door to door service... I received a quote from Nicole, her email is nicole.denny@sevenseasworldwide.com. Hope this helps. Travel safe. Sue

Guest tincan

Hi All, as i posted earlier , we have had crown remove our goods , this consisted of contents of a 4 bedroom house , minuus wardrobes/ white goods , save my washer drier from ,Melb to Cumbria , and with 2 months storage , cost including full insurance, $15,000 ... we were quoted a 20ft container, however when they came to load onto the container , we were told that the UK no longer accepts 20ft containers only 40ft ones , now i do'nt know whether this is true or not , but the guy said it has been like this for a long time , the UK will use 20ft to ship out to OZ , but not to accept back , so ours is still going with Crown to the UK , estimated time of arrival 8-10wks ...... and in a 40 footer .... regards shirl

Archived