Esperance voted 2nd best place to live in whole of Australia

Guest evertheoptimist

Guest happychefoz

i had a check 4 ya this morning and from what i understand of it all 4 teams hav an under 10s team the kids usually start around 7 or 8so looks all all good 4 you son he should hav a call

Guest yankee
Hi Yankee

Still not looked at those stores ended up thrashing my husband at snooker on the Wii instead ha ha ha. Going out with frinds tonight so will have a look tomorrow night instead. Personally i don't care where in the worls clothes come from as long as they look good and fit :-). Have you heard any more about the visa yet?

Hope all goes ok.

Nicky.

No biggie, that's not going anywhere. We are waiting to hear from the Regional Body, since it's a regional 457 - those guys come first. The application should have gotten to them about 1 1/2 weeks ago, so I assume it will take probably another 2 weeks (maybe even more) before our sponsor hears back from them. I would assume however that Immigrations would be rather fast thereafter, once they give their OK. *fingers crossed*

:smile:

Guest yankee

Hi yankee as far as i know broadband in town is pretty good up to 4kms from the post office after that you gotta relay on dial up which am sure would b a big pain but i got broadband at home ok n its pretty quiock for being in the romoteness of Espy lol:goofy:

PHEW!!! Mille gracie!!! That's good to hear, I've looked at all the "available" broadband plans, but you just never know. When I was there a year and a half ago, NOBODY we knew had broadband and I was dying to load masses amounts of backed up data to a client's server... which had crashed. Needless to say I just couldn't do it. I actually ended up calling a friend who had keys to my place at home, and walked him through the upload via the phone.

Broadband access is my only requirement for Esperance. So again:

:hug:

Guest evertheoptimist

Hi Yankee and Chef. Thank you for your replies and sorry not been on for a few days, my 9 year old son was beaten up a few houses down from ours by a group of 5 boys on Saturday tea time. It cost him a rugby match the next morning and he was gutted as too sore to play. I wasn't home as was out with friends so have been trying to keep him occupied away from the area for a while as his dad is working his last shifts up in Scotland this week.

Shouldn't be to long now for your visa then :-) i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Personally i think that the whole thing regarding proving benefit to Oz is about appeasing the public. Can't say i blame the gov' tho' most people seem to leave small towns once grown so someone needs to be willing to go and work and live there.

Happychef i told my son about your reply and he really can't wait to get out there and give it a go. He was telling his coach about it during training tonight and he said Samuel would be ideal for AFL as he is very fast and precise with it. Hopefully this has taken his mind of Saturday.

Hope you are both kepping well.

Thanks

Nicky

Guest evertheoptimist
Have created an album with my pics from Esperance;

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/gpo1971-albums-esperance-wa.html

Let me know what you think!

Hi gpo1971. The pictures are brilliant, thank you. It certainly looked like you were having a good time. We can't wait to get out there and see it for ourselves, does it look as good in the flesh? Should only be a couple of weeks now before we out there so very excited at the moment. Thanks again for the pic's.

Guest happychefoz

Hi Nicky, I hope your son is ok now?? Its pretty awlful that a 9yr old boy can get jumped like that am sure you will be glad to get away from all that s*** at least the kids out here are a bit more respectful n failing that i can always lock them in a spare freezer lol

The Pics are really good of the beaches shame the weather aint as good as it was in those lol been raining the last 3 days but it should b gone soon!!

tony

Guest yankee
Hi Yankee and Chef. Thank you for your replies and sorry not been on for a few days, my 9 year old son was beaten up a few houses down from ours by a group of 5 boys on Saturday tea time. It cost him a rugby match the next morning and he was gutted as too sore to play. I wasn't home as was out with friends so have been trying to keep him occupied away from the area for a while as his dad is working his last shifts up in Scotland this week.

Shouldn't be to long now for your visa then :-) i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Personally i think that the whole thing regarding proving benefit to Oz is about appeasing the public. Can't say i blame the gov' tho' most people seem to leave small towns once grown so someone needs to be willing to go and work and live there.

Happychef i told my son about your reply and he really can't wait to get out there and give it a go. He was telling his coach about it during training tonight and he said Samuel would be ideal for AFL as he is very fast and precise with it. Hopefully this has taken his mind of Saturday.

Hope you are both kepping well.

Thanks

Nicky

Thanks Nicky!! So sorry to hear about your boy. if something like that should ever happen in Esperance (i so highly doubt it) - feel free to ring me up, as I can appear to b one scary american chick. I chased away a bunch of boys yesterday here - I was washing my car, and I swear they wanted ot steel my purse as I was vacuuming out the trunk. I don't think anyone has ever yelled at them so loudly. They ran away really scared, screaming. Ha! Give your kiddo all the best wished :hug:

I am in the process right now of helping our sponsor wriet the Benefit docu, so far so good - up to three pages right now, and it's reading very well. I'm not too worried as I am also - ever the optimist. Can't blame the gov either, it's a valid thing to add to an application, I think. Although of course in Espereance really aren't any farm managers that are not already employed. Another farm has been searching for one since February, and no luck yet.

Guest evertheoptimist

Hi again, thanks, we found out the main culprits dad is in prison and also a drug dealer, kind of feel bad for the boy as he is probably never going to know any different, my husband marched him straight home and made him tell his mother what had happened only to realise he had no respect for her what so ever, her response was to shout and swear at the child, still i will not put up with anyone miss-treating my babies, it's just as well i wasn't home and Samuels dad dealt with it as i may be in a police cell right now (oh the shame) :-)

Shame about the weather chef it's red hot in here in Yorkshire at the moment aah lovely weather, went to Leeds with a friend on Wednesday and the sun took us by surprise we ended up having to go and buy clothes to get changed into as were in danger of seriously over heating lol.

Yankee we would be a force to be reckoned with, i found a guy in our back garden a few years back about 6 in the morning and trying to steal one of kids scooters, i let him know that under no uncertain terms that if he ever came back i would personally break all of his fingers off, he never came back ha ha, think it's the Yorkshire in me.

Hope you both have a lovely weekend.

Guest yankee

Hey Nicky - sometimes I wonder what's wrong with the world - especially Europe right now. In my entire time in NYC nobody EVER tried to steal anything from me.

Once someone pointed a gun towards me though, but I guess that's what you get when you have a big mouth lik me. Local kids decided to beat up a guy in the subway once (for fun I guess), and even though the entire car as full of people - nobody said anything. I did of course and cursed them out while I was tending to the guy who got beaten up. They had smashed his glasses while punching him and the glass was stuck all over his face. Just before the door closed to the car, I snapped a picture of the one kid with my mobile, so he raised a gun and shot. But it hit the door and I just smiled and gave him the finger.That was about it.

Over here (Germany) my husband got his bike stolen, his fishing poles stolen, my friends car got broken into and I keep finding purses that have been ripped off people that I then bring to the local cops. Uggh.

Don't get me wrong I am always very careful and aware of my surroundings, I will even do that in Esperance, but I highly doubt that there will be any chances of that happening there.

And that kid who beat up your boy? I'm guessing he has not much of a future to dream about. And that's what's sad.

So here's hoping that this week will be a better one!

Guest evertheoptimist

What a nightmare Yankee. Must admit i would have done exactly the same as you.

Well this week was a far better one. I said goodbye to some very good friends last weekend and last night. Sold my car, husbands car is being picked up next Friday after we fly, the children had their last day at school yesterday and came away with some awesome gifts from their friends and teachers to remember them by. Best thing really though was traveling up to Scotland to visit my husbands sister and husband and seeing our first niece who's only 3 weeks old. The kids loved her as she is their first cousin. The house is almost ready for the packers so can see a day of relaxation on the cards very soon, woop woop.

How's the visa progressing? I really hope everything works out for you.

Take care.

Nicky

Guest yankee

Saying goodbye is always a tough one, but it's easy if you remember that you need to live your life for yourself and not always for your family. And that never means that you don't care about them. It'll be easy for us to pack our things and leave, first off - there is simply no way I can stay here anyway, so either way we'd have to get going. Second, everyone always knew we'd leave sooner or later so nobody got used to us being here in the first place.

This week was a better one here as well (although an old lady got stabbed to death two blocks from my house, the first murder here in 15 years!). We did nothing but visa stuff in our free time this week, gathering all of our docs that we need. We are now just waiting on a few details from the sponsor which should get to us today and then we have the application ready as well. Even though I am of course reading about the delays etc, I am still not freaked out. The Benefits to Australia doc is ready as well and I think it reads really good - plus the fact that it's all very valid just ads to me staying pretty calm.

So, next week everything will be submitted. My hubby is currently working his butt off, as am I with two new large projects that just started. That keeps me busy.

Good luck with organizing the move! And I hope you enjoy your last few weeks!!!!

Guest evertheoptimist

Hi

Wish it was a few weeks that we had but we fly this Friday. The house looks like a bomb has hit it. If i have to try and climb over one more box or suitcase i will scream. At least the packers are coming tomorrow, bring it on ha ha.

Funnily enough i've not found saying goodbye hard at all. My best friends have not long left our house and i'm meeting up with one of them on Thursday night so all good.

If you're submitting your application soon then i reckon it won't be long before you hear back. As soon as they had the further info' from my husbands sponsor it only took a couple of days to come through. So i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Guest yankee

Wow, you leave so soon, I thought you'd leave in June! Well, I hope you still get to read this... have a fantastic & safe trip!!! I'm so happy for you that things are going so well! I'm still waiting on translated docs for my hubby... am a bit annoyed that we haven't heard back from the company that does them, so I will call them today.

Again, have a great trip and enjoy your arrival in Esperance. Warm up the place , eh?

:hug:

• 6 months later...
Guest KieferK

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are making the big move to Esperance.... In fact, my wife already settled in (Castletown..) and I'm finishing up some work-related projects in Sydney before I join her..

As you all know, making some new contacts isn't the easiest thing.. so drop us a note if you feel like meeting us :)

Cheers

• 5 months later...
Guest boslowen

hi

we are hoping to maybe move to live in esperance and work for arg.

we have 2 daughters aged 12 and 14 and were wondering how we would find esperance and what facilities there are in and around esperance.

also can you tell me how you find working for arg . i am hoping to come there as a train driver ...any information would be good on either subject.

I have intentionaly not said too much about our expectations on what we would like to find if we get there as it would be nice just to hear your views on the area and living and work life in australia.

cheers .

hi

we are hoping to maybe move to live in esperance and work for arg.

we have 2 daughters aged 12 and 14 and were wondering how we would find esperance and what facilities there are in and around esperance.

also can you tell me how you find working for arg . i am hoping to come there as a train driver ...any information would be good on either subject.

I have intentionaly not said too much about our expectations on what we would like to find if we get there as it would be nice just to hear your views on the area and living and work life in australia.

cheers .

Hope you like lead cos its riddled with it ,fromthe import and export from the port

Guest maiseesheff1968

Hi Im from Yorkshire, and we just starting thinking seriously about Oz, we really fancy Perth? anyone recommend what areas are reasonable priced, attractive to the eye. We have 3 children ages 11 8 and 6, who are very excited at the prospect. Is one part of perth much more to live than the other. We need to visit first but havnt a clue where to stay. Also my hubby is in construction, again any ideas anyone? the uk has had it!l thanks maiseesheff1968

Guest richy rich
Hi Im from Yorkshire, and we just starting thinking seriously about Oz, we really fancy Perth? anyone recommend what areas are reasonable priced, attractive to the eye. We have 3 children ages 11 8 and 6, who are very excited at the prospect. Is one part of perth much more to live than the other. We need to visit first but havnt a clue where to stay. Also my hubby is in construction, again any ideas anyone? the uk has had it!l thanks maiseesheff1968

Hi, im also from sunny yorkshire, my wife is from perth originally & i went for the first time in january & absolutely loved it! I would recommed freemantle if its in your budget as it had alot to offer all sorts of ways & bunbury which is south where we stayed with family is also very good for familys. Im sure alot of people will tell u of different places i didnt get to see but out of the places i did see, these two had the most impact for me.

Archived