175 timescales...What have you been told?

We have been informed today by Visa Bureau that 175 Applications will not even be looked at til July 09. Now considering whether to change to a 176 state sponsored as these together with 457 employer sponsored visas are being deal with first .

Hi guys

If you remember i posted last week after my telephone chat with DIAC on 175 timelines..

They told me that our application probably wouldn't be looked at until late this year or early 2010 on the current guidelines that had been set...

I applied in AUGUST 2008..:shocked:

Thanks for your replies, but if you say applications are being 'looked at' at end 2009, begining 2010...When does that actually mean a visa grant 'may' come through? :unsure:

Thanks again

Kelly :v_SPIN:

Hi Kelly

I mean a CO would be allocated, and as our application is decision ready i'd hope a visa would be granted straight away...PRETTY PLEASE...

Hi guys

If you remember i posted last week after my telephone chat with DIAC on 175 timelines..

They told me that our application probably wouldn't be looked at until late this year or early 2010 on the current guidelines that had been set...

I applied in AUGUST 2008..:shocked:

Who did you speak to as the staff at Diac are fairly minor civil servants and I am surprised they would have been able to give you such a statement as only someone very senior would be able to make a decision like that!

Who did you speak to as the staff at Diac are fairly minor civil servants and I am surprised they would have been able to give you such a statement as only someone very senior would be able to make a decision like that!

Hi Que Sera Sera

Yep i was also thinking more towards what you are saying, after speaking with Gill im hoping we are done and dusted for August 2009, or atleast have a CO by then..

Only time will tell....

We have been informed today by Visa Bureau that 175 Applications will not even be looked at til July 09. Now considering whether to change to a 176 state sponsored as these together with 457 employer sponsored visas are being deal with first .

Hiya, thanks for your reply, how far are you in the visa process?

If they are saying your application would be looked at in July, how long after that would they think a visa grant would come?

Guest willdavis
We have been informed today by Visa Bureau that 175 Applications will not even be looked at til July 09. Now considering whether to change to a 176 state sponsored.

Is your job on the CSL, MODL or neither? Mine is on neither and I am wondering how long it will be before my 175 visa is even looked at. Lodged it in Sept 2008 and was hoping to go early 2010.

Any ideas?

Will

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Que Sera Sera

Yep i was also thinking more towards what you are saying, after speaking with Gill im hoping we are done and dusted for August 2009, or atleast have a CO by then..

Only time will tell....

Hi YC

We won't even begin to make accurate guesses about your timeline until the ASPC update e-mail starts telling us that they are processing MODL applications and what the dates of the applications are.

This really is going to tbe the ONLY reliable indicator that DIAC are likely to publish about any of the offshore GSM visa applications.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi YC

We won't even begin to make accurate guesses about your timeline until the ASPC update e-mail starts telling us that they are processing MODL applications and what the dates of the applications are.

This really is going to tbe the ONLY reliable indicator that DIAC are likely to publish about any of the offshore GSM visa applications.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill

Yep i know, but we can always hope cant we........After all it sounds better..LOL.

Once again thanks..

Hi there,

We submitted our 175 just last month. We have been told by our migration agent that it will take anything from 9 to 12 months before we find out if we get the visa. Have had our house on the market for a year and nothing moving here either. can anyone tell me, once the visa is granted, and its been activated by means of visiting oz if necessary, how long is it actually valid for. The way things are going, i can see us not being able to sell our house for some time, and we will need our house to sell before we can go to oz, as we have no savings.

Elaine:skeptical:

Hi there,

We submitted our 175 just last month. We have been told by our migration agent that it will take anything from 9 to 12 months before we find out if we get the visa. Have had our house on the market for a year and nothing moving here either. can anyone tell me, once the visa is granted, and its been activated by means of visiting oz if necessary, how long is it actually valid for. The way things are going, i can see us not being able to sell our house for some time, and we will need our house to sell before we can go to oz, as we have no savings.

Elaine:skeptical:

Hi Elaine

Its valid for 5 years....

Guest funkzig

Hello, once you validate your visa by entering the country before your meds expire, you then have 5 years to come in and out of the country as you please. After the 5 years, you then have to stay in Aus and obtain permission to leave the country until you have applied for permanent residency. Hope this helps, there's no panic!

Guest funkzig

Hello, our agent told us unless you are priority 1 or 2 (ie: sponsored or csl) applicants are looking at least a one year wait, possibly up to 2 years depending on visa type. (i think this means from when your visa was submitted).

Is your job on the CSL, MODL or neither? Mine is on neither and I am wondering how long it will be before my 175 visa is even looked at. Lodged it in Sept 2008 and was hoping to go early 2010.

Any ideas?

Will

Hi Will, My OH was on CSL - General Electrician - and is now only on MODL due to the changes. We lodged our App end of Feb 09 - we were also hoping to go early 2010

Hiya, thanks for your reply, how far are you in the visa process?

If they are saying your application would be looked at in July, how long after that would they think a visa grant would come?

Hi Kelly, sorry they haven't told us, they just tell us not to worry but that we might get a quicker acceptance if we go down the state sponsorship route - hope this helps.

Any ideas?

Will

Will,

I am in the same position as you with the 175 and I submitted it in the same month. Let me know when you finally get a hint of a CO and I will do likewise

Steph

Guest willdavis
Will,

I am in the same position as you with the 175 and I submitted it in the same month. Let me know when you finally get a hint of a CO and I will do likewise

Steph

Great to hear we are not the onlt ones in this position. I'll let you know if I hear anything!

Will

Guest Midlanders

Hi

Had a lenghy discussion last week with our Ozzie agent about staying with the 175 visa and trade on the MODL list ( just been removed from CSL). We are hopefully going to lodge at the end of April once OH has passed his skills test.

Our agent advised until figures are really available on processing times, no one can really say, but in his opinion we are looking at around 12 months to possible 2 years.

So until a little later in the year, and once more info from the government is available we will lodge on the 175 (has we can always change to a 176) once the processing time scales for all visas come through.

So like Gill says... NO ONE CAN ACTUALLY SAY HOW LONG ANYTHING IS GOING TO BE.

Archived