How many pre 09, 176 people without a CO yet?????

Cazz

Hi everyone, I have started this thread to see how many people out there ,that lodged their 176 state sponsored visa PRIOR to Jan 09, that still have no case officer. Considering DIAC stated they weren't going to work on the next visas until all 176 etc sponsored visas had been allocated a CO, this doesn't seem to have happened! I was just wondering how many are still waiting, or is it just us! (feels like it at the moment!!!):no:

Hi, they said we should all have a CO by 13th March! We're still waiting!!! Our agent has now submitted an enquirey, but I did ask her to do it some weeks ago. Just hope we hear something soon, It's stewing my melon now! Best of luck to you and hope you hear something soon too. X

Guest mcleod275

Hi Cazz

Why don't you contact DIAC yourself, I have contacted them a couple of times and they are very helpful. If you applied online you can use the online enquiry tool or just give them a call?

Good luck - we are still waiting for WA to make a decision on state sponsorship so I understand your frustration!!

Claire xx

Hi there very new to this forum,

Previously applied for a 175 Nov 08 then changed to a state sponsered 176 QLD, motor mechanic early Feb 09. We got our CO on the 24/02/09,within the 10 day period they said. However based on the new info i am seeing re capping etc not sure if we wil now get it.

Guest medim

Hi,

i've applied in Dec 08. got ss in Feb09.

but no co yet. it has been more than 20 days after the confirmation for ss.

within 10 days of allocation of co?? not in my case.

We got our ss at the end of Sept 08. Our agent asked WA to re-send our nomination, but she thinks there's a problem with correspondants between them at the mo, so she has now put a request in. Lets hope we hear something soon!

Guest madplumber1

To all

We kept on phoning the ASPC (Adelaide Skills Processing Centre) directly to get a status check on our application, this I'm sure pushed our visa through quicker. We're going on a 176 State Sponsored Visa, when you get through to them make sure you ask if they have recieved form 1100 which confirms your State Sponsorship from the relevant Territory Government. They seem to be weak on collating these, thats all that was holding our visa up in the end.

On phoning don't forget you'll need your TRN Number, DOB and Sponsorship details etc....

Bets of luck to all those on the same journey

madplumber

Guest medim

In my case, the state gov sent the form in early feb 09. but the aspc confirmed they only received it 2 weeks later. so they didn't update the information immediately when they received it. the way they work is not very systematic and efficient.... that's way they has kept on delaying the whole process

We applied in March '08 for the 176 family sponsored visa, occupation is neither on the CSL or MODL.

With today's current changes in the immgration program slashing the intake our agent has informed us of a 18 month + wait.

No other choice but to wait it out.

Good luck to everyone.

The application process is completely NUTS.

STRESS is the only word that flashes when I hear the word immigration. I have almost chewed off all my fingernails with all the worrying I have done about the final outcome.

I repect each & every applicant who have the courage to bear the brunt of waiting.

It's a really good test to see how much can an individual endure & still manage to keep sane.

Guest rigmech

Hi

The story so far:

Passed TRA as a fitter June 08, 176 family sponsored application lodged July 08, was heading for Perth, since then nothing.

Occupation just removed from CSL, still on MODL.

Latest from the agent is not to expect anything for a year, could be longer if things change, and as the goal posts have now moved twice this year I think that it’s quite likely they will move again. I feel it is very unfair that the changes in the CSL will be applied retrospectively to applications already lodged.

After a year, allot of work, and allot of money I can’t begin to describe how p----- off I am. It is true that there has been recent increases in Australian unemployment. It is also true that an unpopular government has indulged in blatant spin doctoring just days before state elections in Queensland.

I am unsure now whether to apply for state sponsorship or simply tell Mr Rudd to kiss my a--

Sorry for the rant.

You go for it love, get it off your chest, I can't blame you. The whole process is stressful enough without the latest news. Luckily for us the state sponsored visas aren't affected by these changes (at the moment!!!) and hubby's job is also still on the CSL too. Good luck to you all. Try & find a bright side, maybe by the time things change, house prices & sales will have gotten better! If you've got youth on your side it's not as bad. We only just lodged before hubbies 45th, so if it all goes pear shaped for us, our dream will be gone for good. All the best. X

Guest rigmech

Thanks Cazz

Did feel better after getting that off my chest!.

I hope it all works out for you; at least we are all in good company.

Hi, I'm sure it did hun. Don't loose faith just yet, the numbers they are cutting down aren't that many & because you've lodged before this last bombshell came in, they might still be honouring them. Try & keep positive, I'll keep my fingers X for you. Have checked our ststus this morn & today we have a processing comenced further on it!!! Conflicting reports as to if it means we have a CO, but I'm praying.!!!

Hi, We're hoping so! Now I've already started worrying if we've filled the forms in right, & if there's a problem with my medical (the rest of the families medicals are finalised, but not mine!). I've already gained half a head of grey hair, now the rest will be joining it!!!

Deep breaths, deep breaths.....have a hot shower, put on your fav t-shirt, settle down & watch your fav movie with your fav drink & forget about the rest for now.

You have done your part of submitting all your documentation, & all you could do now is sit & wait. If there is a prob with the forms a CO will ask for explanation.

Easier said than done, but try & relaxxxxxxxxx.....remember, your appl is being further processed :smile:

Thanks mb, I'm trying, very trying!!! I've always thought of myself as being that laid back, i'm almost horizontal, but going through this process has found a whole new me! I could do with loosing the whole new me though, then I might just get some sleep. HeHe!! Thanks for the advice. X

Guest medim

Just got a reply for aspc after filled up the enquiry form. the email said will be processed within 10 days. but my status page still no sign of it. what is happening?

they shouldn't have promised the 10days processing.

Guest Wenders

App lodged online Sept 08, 176 family sponsor.

Just been advised it might be an idea to switch to a 176 State sponsor as Family are lower down the list for being processed. No CO yet.

Archived