Sydney Girly Friends

Guest melly1982

Guest melly1982

Hi,

I moved to Sydney (Eastern Surburbs) around six months ago from London. Really missing my girly friends, wondering if there was any other girlies in there twenties going through the same thing as me!

I work in the Sydney CBD.

Mel. :laugh:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caroline
Hi,

I moved to Sydney (Eastern Surburbs) around six months ago from London. Really missing my girly friends, wondering if there was any other girlies in there twenties going through the same thing as me!

Hi Mel,

I've just moved to Sydney too (and from Essex, for my sins!) and was wondering the same, especially how easy it is going to be to make friends with other people. i'm living in Milsons Point

Caroline

Guest melly1982
Hi Mel,

I've just moved to Sydney too (and from Essex, for my sins!) and was wondering the same, especially how easy it is going to be to make friends with other people. i'm living in Milsons Point

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Good to here from a fellow essex girly - i'm from Ilford. Did you come over with family or partner etc?

I've come over with my Mum and Step-dad on a working holiday visa as it's a bit tricky visa wise for me because of my circumstances, i'm hoping to get eventually sponsored by work though - fingers crossed as I don't particular fancy going back to sunny Ilford!!

I've been here for just over 6 months, I have already met someone and have met some people from him, but's not the same as having my own girly friends. I just think it's a time thing, but it doesn't help in the inbetween time.

Mel.

Guest caroline

Mel,

i'm from Southend and i know what you mean about not wanting to move back to sunny Essex - there's a reason i moved away...!

I moved her with my husband and we don't really know anyone her - apart from his work colleagues. I need to find myself a job. I know what you mean about missing girlie friends to chat to, meet for a drink etc. How about you PM me if you fancy meeting for a coffee sometime?

Caroline

Guest Rebecca

Hi Lynne

We've just brought a place in Epping (currently staying in Neutral Bay). I totally understand what you are saying about 'don't do city life and love the countryside'. Epping or carlingford are nice and leafy suburbs - close enough to go to work in the city and be away from it in the weekend and evenings! By the way, I'm 26, female and just moved over with husband about 5 months ago.

let me know when you get your visa!!!

Rebecca

• 1 month later...

Hi you guys,

I am 32, coming to Sydney soon ( can't be soon enough).

We will be living in the city, I am definitely a city girl and would love to meet up with anyone who is in the same boat.:biggrin:

ie; will know no one when they arrive!

• 1 month later...
Guest upstix

Hi there. My husband is currently in Sydney (Kirribilli) and we are hoping to move out from Manchester in the next 2 months - once 457 approved. Im 31 and he is 38. Currently looking were we might like to live and being extremely indecisive!!

Would love to meet up with others in similar positions :v_SPIN:once there.

Guest Rachel83
Hi,

Hi Mel

Did you meet many girlies in the same position as you? I moved to Sydney (North Shore) a couple of months ago to live with my boyfriend. I've met some of his friends who I get on with, but there's definitely no substitute for girly friends! I'm 23 and have only been doing temp work so far, so not been able to meet many people. Have you had any luck? Any advice?

Rachel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest littlemiss
Hi Mel

Did you meet many girlies in the same position as you? I moved to Sydney (North Shore) a couple of months ago to live with my boyfriend. I've met some of his friends who I get on with, but there's definitely no substitute for girly friends! I'm 23 and have only been doing temp work so far, so not been able to meet many people. Have you had any luck? Any advice?

Rachel

Hi All

I've just moved to Sydney too from London. At the moment I'm living on the Eastern Shore. I'm in the same position too- missing my girly mates:( and also feeling a little bit lost! I'm 27 and looking for temp work. I'm hoping to meet people once I get a flat share...Good luck with your job hunt Rachel.

Guest kazzy01

Hi

I just moved to Sydney as well am in my early 30's, moving to Eastern suburbs at the weekend. If there are any girlies out there who feel like getting together for a drink, drop me a PM!

Karen

Guest koala12

Hi Kazzy

Whereabouts in Eastern Suburbs are you as I'm here too, been living here just over 9 months?

Karen

Guest kazzy01

Hi

Am in Clovelly, just moved in at the weekend. Finding the weekends are the time I get homesick, as you just don't have that network of people to call up and go for lunch, to the pub etc.... During the week, it's not so bad as I'm at work etc...

How are you finding it? Funnily enough, my name is Karen as well!

Guest Talia91619

hi mel,

Im moving to Sydney at the end of the year as long as I get approval. I am 23 years and moving from Northwest London! Don't know a single person in Australia let alone Sydney, so can understand why you are missing your girlies!!!! I'm not too sure where I am getting sent to but think it will be some where along the north coast of Sydney-that is what the office are telling me, so if you have any advise let me know! Oh and if you fancy a night out when I arrive let me know!!!

Take care and hope you meet so other Londoners soon!!!

Natalie***:wubclub:

Guest Rachel83

Hi All

Since there seem to be quite a few of us girlies new to Sydney and wanting to meet some friends, I thought it would be a good idea to organise some kind of meet up for coffee and a chat, or drinks, whatever!

Myself, littlemiss, and Kazzy01 are up for the idea... anybody want to join us? If so just post and say whereabouts you are based. If you have any suggestions of a place or time throw that in too! It seems we're all quite spread out around the city and suburbs so it'd be good to find out where everyone is to figure out where's best for everyone to meet.

Looking forward to it! :jiggy:

Rach xxx

Guest koala12

Hi Rachel

I'm in East Botany (might be a lot older than the rest of you but I don't mind if you don't!?) and I'd be up for a meet up as I'm sure would Melly (my daughter, who posted the initial threat). We'll see where everyone who is interested is and then work out somewhere that is easily accessible to us all?

Karen

Guest Rachel83

Hi Karen

Of course I don't mind, the more the merrier!

All sounds good to me, wait and see how many people are interested! :radar:

Guest littlemiss

Hi all!

I'm based in Maroubra at the moment but looking to move either to Coogee or clovelly. Karen- I know what you mean about being homesick and not having people to call up to go for a drink etc...

I've been here for almost three weeks and still looking for work.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

Guest koala12

Hi

You are only just up the road from us....might have bumped into you at Eastgardens!!! HAHA Didn't realise there were some other fellow Brits so near to me.....we'll definitely have to meet up soon....good luck with the job hunting

Karen

Guest Alana

HI all

have just read through the last few threads and would love to meet up too, am based in the Blue Mountains, so a fairway out of the city - but if it's the weekend would love to meet in the city:spinny:

Guest caroline

Hi all,

My word, this thread has got popular since I last wrote on it!

I'm 27 and living in Milson's Point, been here for 4 months now and starting to settle in now I have a job. Still missing friends though.I would love to meet for drinks sometime.

Caroline

Guest Rachel83

Oooh there's gonna be so many of us we can have a party! hehe. think a weekend would definitely be best since we're all pretty spread out. Next step, thinking of somewhere to go!! yay!:jiggy:

Archived