Sydney Girly Friends

Guest melly1982

Guest Rachel83

Hi littlemiss. Shame you can't make it, but you're right, definitely a good excuse to arrange another get together! Enjoy the birthday party :o)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rachel83

Hi littlemiss

:sad:Shame you can't make it, but you're right, definitely a good excuse to arrange another get together! Enjoy the birthday party! :o)

Guest melly1982

Hi not sure if we can make it either, as we were planning on going to an Expo that day- depends how long we stay at it. Hopefully if the first one is successful another one can be arranged. I think I need to get back on this forum a bit more often, I started this thread and never come back and read it anymore hahah.

Hi everyone

I have a question for you all.........I'm still able to come on 28th and looking forward to it. My question is my partner and I are housesitting at the mo and the owners come back on the 27th (which we forgot!) Anyway, we want to give them some space so Neal has said he'd come with me as at the mo we don't know anyone round here so he can't go off somewhere with anyone for the day too!

Sorry for babbling (too early in the morning!) does anyone mind if he comes with me, I know it's supposed to be a girlie chat, hopefully he may bugger off for an hour or so! He can do girlie chat as he's had enough prac with my friends at home!

Let me know if anyone minds

Take care

Rachel

Guest Alana

That's fine - not a problem with me - I can still make the 28th, Glyn my husband is doing a course all weekend but he may come and join us for a drink, if we are all still chatting!

Guest Rachel83

Yes hope everyone's still up for Saturday? Looking forward to it! My bloke finishes work at 6pm so if we're still chatting he might pop in too. Means I can have a lift home then! hehehe Has anybody been counting how many of us there are going to be?

Guest Alana

Hi All

I am still on for Saturday but can't make it until about 3pm - hope thats ok, not sure how many of us there will be, just had a quick look and looks like so far there is

me

Sal

Rachel

Rachel(Emma)

Anymore??? should eb fun - by the way can I ask a dumb question! how will we know who each other is??!!

:spinny:

Guest melly1982

Someone needs to bring a union jack flag haha

Hi All

I am still on for Saturday but can't make it until about 3pm - hope thats ok, not sure how many of us there will be, just had a quick look and looks like so far there is

me

Sal

Rachel

Rachel(Emma)

Anymore??? should eb fun - by the way can I ask a dumb question! how will we know who each other is??!!

:spinny:

Guest Rachel83

hmmm that's a good question! A union jack would be pretty funny, I don't have one though! We'll have to think of something though! :o)

Guest Alana

sorry - Kazzy, didn't mean to leave you off....

will keep an eye out for the red scarf

I shall be wearing a blue and white patterend scarf

see you all there!!

Guest CarolT

Hi

Only just found this website. I moved out to Bronte with my hubby in June. Still looking for work so cabin fever is starting to set in :goofy:-would love to meet up on the 28th too!

hope to see you soon

Carol

Guest melly1982

Hi Carol,

Welcome - I live in East Botany with my Mum (koala12) and Step Dad so not far from you!!!

What kind of work are you looking for? I work for a recruitment agency!

Mel :)

Hi

Only just found this website. I moved out to Bronte with my hubby in June. Still looking for work so cabin fever is starting to set in :goofy:-would love to meet up on the 28th too!

hope to see you soon

Carol

Guest CarolT

Hi Mel!

Thanks for the warm welcome. It'll be great to meet you and the others.

I'm actually an ESL instructor but I'm hoping to move into more of a corporate trainer/ L&D role. I've managed language centres in the past and really enjoyed doing the staff professional development side of things. I did an MA in ESP to get skills in things like programme design and management; and did the Cert IV Training and Assessment back in March so that I could be Aussie compliant and get more of an idea of how they do things here. I think it's going to be hard for a lot of employer to look past the ESL context of my experience, and to make things more complicated my last full time job was in a kindergarten!

I'm trying to come up with a real corker of a CV and letter.

Maybe I could pick you brains a bit on Saturday.:notworthy:

Guest melly1982

No worries Carol!

Sounds interesting!! I'm actually working in IT Recruitment, but we are boutique company and do work outside of this because we aren't on the scale of Hays or Select etc. We often float ppl across who have different backgrounds/skill sets than what we normally get.

Not sure if i'm going to be able to make Saturday, but can give you my email addie in meantime if you wanted to send me your resume - I can show my colleagues and see if they have any contacts, as I work with very experienced consultants.

Cheers,

Mel.

Hi Mel!

Thanks for the warm welcome. It'll be great to meet you and the others.

I'm actually an ESL instructor but I'm hoping to move into more of a corporate trainer/ L&D role. I've managed language centres in the past and really enjoyed doing the staff professional development side of things. I did an MA in ESP to get skills in things like programme design and management; and did the Cert IV Training and Assessment back in March so that I could be Aussie compliant and get more of an idea of how they do things here. I think it's going to be hard for a lot of employer to look past the ESL context of my experience, and to make things more complicated my last full time job was in a kindergarten!

I'm trying to come up with a real corker of a CV and letter.

Maybe I could pick you brains a bit on Saturday.:notworthy:

Guest Rachel83

Hi Carol

Of course it will be lovely to meet you on Saturday! It looks like there will be about 6 of us so we should have chance for a good old natter.

Is anybody planning on ordering lunch while we're there on Saturday? Don't wanna be the only one stuffing my face... :embarrassed:

Rach :o)

Hi

hope to see you soon

Carol

Guest Alana

Hi Carol

will be great to see you there, the more the merrier

Hi Rachel, I will more than likely be lunching as won't have a chance before hand, so you won't be on your own!

See you Saturday!

Guest CarolT

Hi Rachel and Alana!

Look forward to meeting you. I'll probably be up for a nibble too.

See you Saturday!

Carol

Guest CarolT

Hi Mel

I was out in Botany and Mascot this afternoon. Seems like a pretty nice area and the people were so helpful (am still totally clueless about the buses!).

Arh it's a pity you might not be able to make it on Saturday.

If it won't be too awkward for you if I send you my CV I'd love to get some feedback on it.

Hope to catch you soon!

Carol

Guest melly1982

Hi Carol,

What were you doing there? Botany and Mascot isn't as bad as what it used to be from what we've heard, they are regenerating the area etc. Have quite good discounted/factory shops down Botany Road.

I'll talk to my Mum and see if we can try and get down on Sat.

I'll Pm my work addie to you, and see what my colleagues think/if we have any contacts that we could float your resume across to.

Mel.

Guest Sammy G

Hi Melly,

I will be in the same boat once I arrive in Sydney! I plan to Join my aussie boyf in January (sorry its not sooner) I would definately be interested in meeting up with you. I know how much I will miss my friends here, they are completely amazing and I'm scared that the hole will never be filled...

Where in the Eastern Suburbs are you living? I lived in Coogee. I actually met my boyf in Glebe almost 3 years ago in Oz... on my working holiday and getting wrecked with my mates every weekend-those were the days! I'm living in London at the moment and am frustrated that my man is half way accross the world but have to get some pennies in the bank first... its tough.

Keep in touch on pio-would love to have a wine or two with you once over.:yes:

Sammy xxx

Guest melly1982

Hi Sammy,

Good to hear from you.

January isn't far away - coming at a hot time as well!!! :0

I'm living with my Mum and Step Dad at moment in East Botany, moving in with my Aussie boyfriend who I met out here in January somewhere around the Eastern Surburbs - he is currently in Kingsford. Coogee is lovely - was there the other day out for dinner.

Where in London are you at the moment? I'm from NE London/Essex borders.

Where is your boyfriend living at the moment? How long have you been apart - must be hard. Are you coming out on a temporary spouse visa? What kind of work will you be looking for?

Sorry about the load of questions hahaha. I'm up for meeting definitely - just not sure if I will be able to make the current meet up planned this weekend.

Take care,

Mel.

Hi Melly,

I will be in the same boat once I arrive in Sydney! I plan to Join my aussie boyf in January (sorry its not sooner) I would definately be interested in meeting up with you. I know how much I will miss my friends here, they are completely amazing and I'm scared that the hole will never be filled...

Where in the Eastern Suburbs are you living? I lived in Coogee. I actually met my boyf in Glebe almost 3 years ago in Oz... on my working holiday and getting wrecked with my mates every weekend-those were the days! I'm living in London at the moment and am frustrated that my man is half way accross the world but have to get some pennies in the bank first... its tough.

Keep in touch on pio-would love to have a wine or two with you once over.:yes:

Sammy xxx

Archived