Sydney Girly Friends

Guest melly1982

Guest Sal1705

Hi everyone!

I am 35 (old compared to all you youngsters) but moving to Sydney Hills district next month.

Would love to meet up with you all once arrived - will just have to start the same thread again in 4 weeks time!!!

Any of you lot got young kids?? Mine are 4 and 10 months.

Keep in touch......

Sally

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest koala12

Hi Sal

You're a spring chicken at 35!! I reckon I'll be the Group Granny as I'm 49 BUT as my daughter Melly (who started the initial thread) will tell you I am young at heart and won't cramp your style!!!!

I reckon that those of us who live near each other in the Eastern Suburbs should get together in the week and then we should have a grand group meeting sometime when it can all be arranged at a weekend - the possibilities are becoming endless now that we know there are a few of us about!

Karen

Guest melly1982
Hi All

I've just moved to Sydney too from London. At the moment I'm living on the Eastern Shore. I'm in the same position too- missing my girly mates:( and also feeling a little bit lost! I'm 27 and looking for temp work. I'm hoping to meet people once I get a flat share...Good luck with your job hunt Rachel.

Hi sorry for the delay in responding, haven't been on for a while. Whereabouts are you living. Everyone is welcome to email me: melanieflevy@yahoo.co.uk as don't check this much. We will have to arrange to meet up!!

Guest melly1982

I'm up for meeting up, so is Koala. Caroline and I have already met up which was nice.

We coule meet up in the city for a drink as this is more central....weekend is good for us...just have to think of a date...

Guest kazzy01

I think the city will be best for everyone given the geography of where everyone is. It sounds like it would be quite an event with quite a few of us!

Guest melly1982
I think the city will be best for everyone given the geography of where everyone is. It sounds like it would be quite an event with quite a few of us!

Definitely - it will be really good to meet other girlies in the same position.

Guest Sal1705

Hi again Everyone,

Flying out a week on Sun (airport security permitting) so will post again once I am in Sydney and look forward to meeting up with you all!

Sally

Guest littlemiss

Anyone up for meeting in the CBD for a drink after work next week sometime??!

FINALLY got a temp job...just as the sun is starting to shine!

Guest Rachel83

Hey all

Sorry little miss I can't make the CBD on a weekday evening, am currently working in Gladesville and limited to public transport unfortunately!

However I was going to suggest a get together on Saturday 21st July if that's a good day for everyone? Gives us a couple of weeks to organise it and plenty of time for people to find out about it!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a location? I guess somewhere central ish in the City would be best, but anywhere near to a CityRail station is good for me!

:spinny: Rach

Guest Alana

Hi All

Would love to meet up on a Saturday but can't make the 21st, could make the 28th though if anyone is interested. As for locations what about The Paddington Inn on Oxford Street?? Haven't been there for a while, but might be ok for somewhere to relax have a chat and a few drinks

:idea:

Guest Rachel83

the 28th is also good for me, how about everyone else? Also I'd be fine with the Paddington Inn, have never been but it'd give me an excellent opportunity to explore the shops on Oxford Street before hand!

Guest Alana

Excellent!!! What does everyone else think about 28/7/07 at say 2pmish - time to have a look around the markets and shops and then while the afternoon away in the pub!

Guest Emma

Hello

I'm Rachel and I have recently moved to Sydney, Castle Hill and was wondering how to meet other girls. I've just moved from Reading with my partner.

Am definitely missing girlie company!!! :jiggy:

Rachel XXXXX

Guest Emma
the 28th is also good for me, how about everyone else? Also I'd be fine with the Paddington Inn, have never been but it'd give me an excellent opportunity to explore the shops on Oxford Street before hand!

Hi Rachel,

I'm Rachel and just moved with my partner from Reading, am missing girlie company. Would love to meet up with others in same position.

Rachel X

Guest Alana

Hi

My partner and I moved here last August and lived near to you in Wokingham, we are currently in Warrimoo, Blue Mountains so not far from you in Castle Hill.

Hope you can make the meet up on the 28th if it all goes ahead??!!

Guest Rachel83

Hi Rachel (Emma!). It would be great to have you come along with us if you can make it on the 28th? I've only recently joined this website myself but it seems like a great way to meet new people in a similar situation. Am looking forward to meeting people, hope everyone can make it! :cute:

Guest Emma
Hi Rachel (Emma!). It would be great to have you come along with us if you can make it on the 28th? I've only recently joined this website myself but it seems like a great way to meet new people in a similar situation. Am looking forward to meeting people, hope everyone can make it! :cute:

Hi Rachel

It's a great way to meet people!

Will be there on the 28th jsut need to find out where it is in the city as only been twice so far and once it was torrential rain!!!!!

Hope you had a good weekend!

Take care

Rachel

Guest Sal1705

Looks like I will be around and available on 28th too. See you all at 2:00.

Any other oldies going???

Sally

Guest kazzy01

I'll be able to make the 28th as well. And am not a spring chicken either, at 34. I think a few others were in their 30's though.

Can anyone send a link with directions on it and proper address?

Looking forward to it.

Guest Alana

Hi everyone

Great to see there will be a few of us

By the way I am 34 too!

here is the link http://www.sydneypubguide.net/pubs/Paddington_Inn.aspx

it is near to the markets also and I think there is a bus stop not too far away so should be easy to find.

I shall contact the pub and see if we can rexerve a few cairs and table's etc and out POI as the reservation name - that way I guess we will be able to find each other too!

Cheers

Alana

Looks like I will be around and available on 28th too. See you all at 2:00.

Any other oldies going???

Sally

Hi Sally

I'm Rachel and recently moved here with partner and currently in Castle Hill.

I'm the grand old age of 34, so yes there are other oldies going on the 28th. :jiggy:

Am looking forward to meeting everyone! My partner's an absolute gem but he doesn't quite do girlie chat!

My email is rachhern@hotmail.com if you want to mail as I don't always check this site.

Take care!

Rachel

Guest littlemiss

Hi everyone!

I'll be able to make the drinks too on the 28th..looking forward to meeting you all!

Guest Rachel83

oooh this sounds like it's going to be fun!! And as for everyone thinking they're 'oldies', it seems like there will be more over 30s than under! I get the feeling I'm going to be the baby at 23! Am very much looking forward to meeting everyone :jiggy:

Guest Alana

Hi all and firstly apologies for all the typo's in the last message I posted.

I have spoken to the Paddington Inn and unfortunately they don't reserve tables, but they had assured me that we will easily be able to tables, chairs etc for us on arrival.

Address is 338 Oxford Street Paddington

looking forward to meeting you all too!

cheers

Alana

Guest littlemiss

Oh no.. :( I'm afraid I can't make the 28th. Just remembered I have a birthday party to go to. An excuse to arrange yet another get together soon hopefully!

Archived