Speed Limits

Guest earlswood

Yes, come on Mally, stop spreading your happiness about, and stop interuppting the going home thread, earlswood would never poke his nose in on a thread re leaving England.

I apoolgise most vehemently about postin my joy in a thread about people predominately about leavin australia for ther own reasons . I have no qualms about people livin where they like and where they want to settle . Its there bag do your own thing in the real world . Its the peeps in virtual earth gets my goat dont you earls

Guest earlswood
wow all these whinging poms,get back to the Uk and then see wot a boring rain soaked crime ridden going down the pan place the uk is :cute:

You ever been to Oz? because your post is strange as this is how I remember perth.

"wot a boring rain soaked crime ridden going down the pan place Oz is"

Guest earlswood

2 years in Perth and found the anti-social behaviour of the kids and the crime just as bad as the UK to be honest....same as the UK some bad and some good places, dont you agree.

Found Perth dull and very very boring, with everything closing so early and everyone in bed by 10 in the week except for the hoons that race around the place..

there is crime everywhere yes,its a shame so few spoil it for so many,dont think perth is as bad,but ive not lived in many areas,ive been lucky i guess,im off to greenwood next month and my dad lives in woodvale which is a nice area,but if its as bad as wallasey then i'll eat my thongs lol :)

Guest earlswood
there is crime everywhere yes,its a shame so few spoil it for so many,dont think perth is as bad,but ive not lived in many areas,ive been lucky i guess,im off to greenwood next month and my dad lives in woodvale which is a nice area,but if its as bad as wallasey then i'll eat my thongs lol :)

Same **** different Country I agree...just steer clear of Northbridge.....Perth is nice for families but I found it boring as a single bloke.

Guest earlswood
got to agree with you on the early closing for everything though,always found that strange as Aus sort of modelled itself on the US I thought where its 24 hour everything

:)

Yeh, lovely warm evening and everyone has gone home and I am sitting in a bar with no one around :dull: whats all that about...the aussies in London loved to party all night....I suppose thats whay they all love london..:jiggy:

2 years in Perth and found the anti-social behaviour of the kids and the crime just as bad as the UK to be honest....same as the UK some bad and some good places, dont you agree.

Found Perth dull and very very boring, with everything closing so early and everyone in bed by 10 in the week except for the hoons that race around the place..

And you are basing all of Australia on your 2 years in 1 town in a country the same size as Europe??????

Mate!!! Only numpties say ridiculousy stupid things like that... And you would not be a numpty, hey?:no:

Imagine anyone basing Europe on 1 visit to, say, Liverpool....Wonder how much you would rant and rave??:hug:

Cheers, Bobj.

Why do so many Brits go to Oz or anywhere else really and expect everything to be the same as home except of course they want to earn more money, work less hours, buy a bigger house for less than what they sold there 3 bed semi in UK for? Typical whinging poms....

Guest Murra
Well obviously judging by the last 12 pages of whinging about Oz, your not going to find any place better than UK - so just stay there....

Look, this is a thread about MOVING BACK TO THE UK - which bit of this phrase do people not understand??

If you want to come on here and attack people who are unhappy in their life here in Aus, for whatever reason, then perhaps you should start your own thread about that somewhere else?

I would just like to say that, contrary to what you have written, people generally do not come out to Australia expecting it to be like the UK - that's why they come out here, for a different life.

Sometimes it works for them, sometimes it doesn't - that's called life. This forum thread is for people who are looking for help, advice and reassurance about possibly moving back to the UK - it's as big a move, if not bigger, than the move out here in the first place, and not an easy decision to make.

This is why I visit this forum.

I don't expect puerile and pointless attacks on what I see as my choice about my life. It is tedious. Thank you

Guest Guruju

As Murra said - This forum thread is for people who are looking for help, advice and reassurance about possibly moving back to the UK - it's as big a move, if not bigger, than the move out here in the first place, and not an easy decision to make.

In order to be able to provide help/advice/reassurance things need to move away from emotive stirring the pot or defensive comments. My impression sometimes is that it's not WHAT people say but HOW they say it...example

In my experience Australian/Brits are unfriendly... could perhaps be better stated as....

The people I have met at work/playgroup/in my street etc seem to keep themselves to themselves and I am finding it very hard to make friends. I feel so alone compared to back home where I had established family and friends to help out with the kids.

I would imagine the responses would be of two types (may be more) -

one offering advice on some ways to break the ice or to find new circles of friends and give things a bit more time; or

confirming that that social support of family and friends is invaluable for a young family and its worth going back.

If the above is more like what people want from this thread then please say so and try to put some thought into what it is you are struggling with and for those offering comments make them useful/constructive or keep quiet.

Regards

Julia

Guest Graham&kym

On thread (I Hope!)

Schools, no better or worse.

Crime, no better or worse (most of it is imported from the UK)

Work, well the sun shines more and then theres daylight saving!

Neighbours, yep freindly.

Cost of living? Yep same.

Overall, UK offers the same without moving to the southern hemisphere.

Just my opinion tho!

Archived