Honeymoon is over.

Guest Yorkie1974

Re: Fish; I was disappointment with the seafood. I suppose when something is hyped up you are destined for disappointment. Flake was always to dry when ever i had it (maybe the chef), Whitstable (Kent UK) seafood is still guvner for me.

I also only had ONE decent coffee all my time there and that was the place opposite the macdonnalds in the hyperdome, logan

I would still visit Australia though if it where £40 each way:smile:

Melbourne coffee Aldo, go to Little Italy (Carlton) and get any coffee you want.

Most cafe's here do brilliant coffee, with the odd exception but they don't last long. Treesa knows Melbourne !

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArmChairDetective

I also only had ONE decent coffee all my time there and that was the place opposite the macdonnalds in the hyperdome, logan

:smile:

Try the food court at Fountain Gate. The original coffee shop is still there but now....crikey.

Guest smc01
Try the food court at Fountain Gate. The original coffee shop is still there but now....crikey.

The only time I've been down to Fountain gate was when Krispy Kremes opened there, does anyone else remember that?! Went there at about 3 in the morning while the world cup was on and didn't get out of there until 5, missed half the game!!

At least the staff were accomodating in that they kept yelling out updates for everyone waiting! :laugh:

The only time I've been down to Fountain gate was when Krispy Kremes opened there, does anyone else remember that?! Went there at about 3 in the morning while the world cup was on and didn't get out of there until 5, missed half the game!!

At least the staff were accomodating in that they kept yelling out updates for everyone waiting! :laugh:

I've been to FG several times and have always found the staff to be really helpful, so is that estate just up the road Fountain Lakes?

Guest smc01
I've been to FG several times and have always found the staff to be really helpful, so is that estate just up the road Fountain Lakes?

To be honest I lived a fair way away from Fountain Gate but as it was such a big thing for Melburnians that we finally had a Krispy Kreme (how sad!) and the fact that it's 24 hours and has drive through - I decided to make the trek down there so could enjoy some with the game - the only other times I'd eaten Krispy Kremes were at Sydney airport whenever on my way home to Melbourne!

I'm pretty sure that estate is Fountain Lakes, where Kath & Kim is filmed / located - it sure has got a lot busier and become a lot nicer since they raised the profile!

Guest 0405delboy
Nope, in case you didn't realise they're characters in a sitcom, and therefore not representative of real life!!!

This Fountain Gate - Westfield - Fountain Gate

Prue and Trude work at Fountain Gate!

Thats your cultural heritage, y'know!! :elvis:

To be honest I lived a fair way away from Fountain Gate but as it was such a big thing for Melburnians that we finally had a Krispy Kreme (how sad!) and the fact that it's 24 hours and has drive through - I decided to make the trek down there so could enjoy some with the game - the only other times I'd eaten Krispy Kremes were at Sydney airport whenever on my way home to Melbourne!

I'm pretty sure that estate is Fountain Lakes, where Kath & Kim is filmed / located - it sure has got a lot busier and become a lot nicer since they raised the profile!

Hey, smc01, you had better rush home then, they now sell Krispy Creme donuts in the food court next to Muffin Break, at Eastland in Ringwood and they are bloody awful, how could you??????????????:no:

Olly

Guest smc01
Hey, smc01, you had better rush home then, they now sell Krispy Creme donuts in the food court next to Muffin Break, at Eastland in Ringwood and they are bloody awful, how could you??????????????:no:

Olly

mmmm my weakness is crap junk food!! Love the cream filled ones......and then there's my love of double cheeseburgers and quarter pounder meals (my family actually rang me specifically to say that the Mcfeast was back as that's always been my fav burger and I was gutted when they cut it!) and my love of microwave lasagne, KFC tower burgers & stuffed crust Pizza Hut! (Vegetarian with Chicken especially)

On a Sunday, when hungover, there's nothing better than some crap, bad for you food!! :laugh:

Guest earlswood
mmmm my weakness is crap junk food!! Love the cream filled ones......and then there's my love of double cheeseburgers and quarter pounder meals (my family actually rang me specifically to say that the Mcfeast was back as that's always been my fav burger and I was gutted when they cut it!) and my love of microwave lasagne, KFC tower burgers & stuffed crust Pizza Hut! (Vegetarian with Chicken especially)

On a Sunday, when hungover, there's nothing better than some crap, bad for you food!!

Must admit Australia does fast food like no other Country :yes:....in the UK all the salt and natural fats are taken out leaving a bland tasteless mess, In Oz they are not so nanny state health orientated which makes the food taste half decent unlike the health police burgers we have here.

And I did like the fact that Perth had so many fast food outlets which was a boom for a single bloke like me.

Yep Oz rocks when it comes to tasty fast food outlets.

Mine you I did put on a stone in 2 years over there.:mask:

Guest smc01
Must admit Australia does fast food like no other Country in the UK all the salt and natural fats are taken out leaving a bland tasteless mess, In Oz they are not so nanny state health orientated which makes the food taste half decent unlike the health police burgers we have here.

And I did like the fact that Perth had so many fast food outlets which was a boom for a single bloke like me.

Yep Oz rocks when it comes to tasty fast food outlets.

Mine you I did put on a stone in 2 years over there.:mask:

I know this sounds stupid but the more junk food I eat the more I lose weight! Makes no sense.......worked at Macca's for 2 years when a teenager and somehow dropped 2 sizes?! Mind you would hate to see my insides with all the fat I put in my body! My OH is very healthy so I've been getting a lot better over the years.....and have developed a weakness for those terrible cheap chicken / burger shops in the UK that do quarter pounders or chicken fillet burgers.......and yeah have noticed that I use salt a lot more over here, thought it was just me being unhealthy as per usual! :laugh:

Fountain Lakes (read Fountain Gate in real life). It's 'noice'.....as Kimmy would say. And as for those snotty women in the shop who go to 'Nooooosa'.

No that's not right surely.

Fountain Gate is the Mall, it exists and the K&K show has had several shots taken there.

Fountain Lakes was the mythical suburb that they lived in .

No that's not right surely.

Fountain Gate is the Mall, it exists and the K&K show has had several shots taken there.

Fountain Lakes was the mythical suburb that they lived in .

Yes, that's right, I did say "read: fountain gate". Yes it is real, as I had a contract for a store over there a few years ago now.

Haven't been there recently, prefer Chadstone (the snobby women in the shop - Prue and Trude would prefer it for sure!!).

Noooooooosa, darling, Noooooooooosa.

Guest 0405delboy
Yes, that's right, I did say "read: fountain gate". Yes it is real, as I had a contract for a store over there a few years ago now.

Haven't been there recently, prefer Chadstone (the snobby women in the shop - Prue and Trude would prefer it for sure!!).

Im going for a local holiday soon and Im thinking Noosa actually!

:idea:

You lost me Olly, I know fountain gate exists. I have been there on several occasions for a flat white and roast beef and gravy sandwiches, and I prefer it over chadders, although there is the (cheap) Ugg boot counter in chadders to consider.

Are you saying that the supposed location of Fountain Lakes, the K&K housing estate, was within the Fountain Gate complex?

Guest 0405delboy
You lost me Olly, I know fountain gate exists. I have been there on several occasions for a flat white and roast beef and gravy sandwiches, and I prefer it over chadders, although there is the (cheap) Ugg boot counter in chadders to consider.

Are you saying that the supposed location of Fountain Lakes, the K&K housing estate, was within the Fountain Gate complex?

Um....yep! I didnt post that link for decorations sake! :yes:

Guest smc01

Actually, and this is going to confuse everyone, isn't the housing estate actually Patterson Lakes? I remember reading that in the backyard of the house it really has a pier and boat that connects directly with the Lake, but as that is a bit too 'upmarket' for Kath & Kim they put up a blue screen to block it out!!

Um....yep! I didnt post that link for decorations sake! :yes:

you didn't:biglaugh:

Guest 0405delboy
Actually, and this is going to confuse everyone, isn't the housing estate actually Patterson Lakes? I remember reading that in the backyard of the house it really has a pier and boat that connects directly with the Lake, but as that is a bit too 'upmarket' for Kath & Kim they put up a blue screen to block it out!!

Splitting hairs! :rolleyes:

Archived