176 Visa - skills assessment query

Hi there,

Just going through the skills assessment info to start gathering my paperwork, and most of the info relates to you having employment evidence. I am an urban and regional planner, having worked in Local Government for 20 years (which I can prove), but for the last 3 years, I've run my own planning consultancy. Presumably, I just need to gather evidence of me running that company, ie, clients letters, bank details, tax returns etc? Is this the case?

Thanks

Julie

Hi there,

Just going through the skills assessment info to start gathering my paperwork, and most of the info relates to you having employment evidence. I am an urban and regional planner, having worked in Local Government for 20 years (which I can prove), but for the last 3 years, I've run my own planning consultancy. Presumably, I just need to gather evidence of me running that company, ie, clients letters, bank details, tax returns etc? Is this the case?

Thanks

Julie

Work experience is irrelevant to a skills assessment as an urban and regional planner. You either have ANY degree assessed as comparable to an Australian degree, in which case you will be positively assessed, or you do not, in which case you are wasting your money applying.

To be clear. You will need work experience evidence at the visa application stage, but not at the skills assessment stage.

Guest Dom and Elaine

You either have ANY degree assessed as comparable to an Australian degree

Does your degree have to relate directly to the area of work you plan to apply under for the skills visa? For example I have a History and Public Media degree and want to apply for a 176 as a PR Officer - a role I've done for 15 years now.

Thanks

Dom

Archived