calling all 175 applicants.

rach28

Guest Kate Edwards

Hi Eddy,

We had firm job offer in place on modl and ours still took 11.5 months!!!! Paper based, as said previously e applications seem to go through quicker for some reason! But saying that that could still have been 2-3 months quicker than others.......but probably not - the Aussies just take their time in anything and everything they do.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lakmal

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and this are my details

CSL/MODL? : No, None, Nada:sad:

Date applied : 10th Aug 08

Meds/PCCs : PCC yes Meds No

Current Status : Waiting....

Cheers.

Guest Mark & Tracy W

hi everyone, how are we all holding up??

checked status....... no change....!!!!

it looks like no one has had a visa or case officer for ages now it would seem, or im just going crazy and have OCD about checking and have over looked!!

good luck every one else, xx

hi everyone, how are we all holding up??

checked status....... no change....!!!!

it looks like no one has had a visa or case officer for ages now it would seem, or im just going crazy and have OCD about checking and have over looked!!

good luck every one else, xx

Same here no news.

But i did get an email reply from aspc, to so they had received my police checks and they are attached to my visa application. But i have not been allocated to co yet.

Gutted.

Rachael

CSL

1 x 12th Febuary 2008 / visa granted 2nd March 2009

1 x May 2008 applicant

3 x June 2008 applicant

1 x 2 nd June 2008 applicant / co allocated 4th March 2009

1 x June 2008 applicant ( HR )

1 x July 2008 applicant (HR)

4 x July 2008 applicant

9 x August 2008 applicants

1 x 4 August 2008 applicant / co allocated 5th March 2009

1 x 4 th August 2008 / visa granted 10 March 2009

12 x September 2008 applicants

1 x september 2008 applicant / co allocated November 2008

1 x 30th September 2008 applicant / co allocated 5 th March 2009

1 x 18th September 2008 applicant / visa granted 27th Febuary 2009

8 x October 2008 applicant

7 x November 2008 applicant

7 x December 2008 applicant

2 x January 2009 applicant

7 x February 2009 applicant

6 x March 2009 applicants

MODL

1 X February 2008 applicant

3 x October 2008 applicant

3 x November 2008 applicant

2 x December 2008 applicant

1 x January 2009 applicant

4 x Febuary 2009 applicant

1 x March 2009 applicant

OTHER NON CSL/MODL

1 x July 2008 applicant

1 x August 2008 applicant

1 x September 2008 applicant

1 x November 2008 applicant

1 x February 2009 applicant

Total 96 applicants

Guest Mel.R
Dont think yours will be long now.

Have you sent a request asking for info on your application?

I sent an email to the contact us link on our status page a couple of days ago asking for an update. We haven't heard a thing back. Also no change on our status. I thought that maybe as we have had some August and September people get case officers that we would hear quickly and I got quite excited but i am now back to being disheartended again:no:

Mx

I sent an email to the contact us link on our status page a couple of days ago asking for an update. We haven't heard a thing back. Also no change on our status. I thought that maybe as we have had some August and September people get case officers that we would hear quickly and I got quite excited but i am now back to being disheartended again:no:

Mx

Dont be disheartened, i used the link i put on the thread. I sent it off about the 4th and only got reply today, so it does take them a bit of time to get back to you. They say five days but this doesnt include weekends or monday as it was a holiday

Guest James.S

Hi, have had an email this morning from the DIAC as i emailed them a week ago to say that although i am applying for a 175 offshore skilled independent visa, I am now in Australia as I wanted to have my son start school at the beginning of year 1 and also if they could confirm that they have received all of my documents as on the status enquiry page as it does not mention the police checks…

Anyhow they emailed me to say that yes they have my documents and that they will mark ‘In a very distinctive way’ that I am now in Australia upon my application….

Whether or not this will speed things up god only knows but at least it’s nice to know someone is there and that they actually read your emails…!

James…

Hi, have had an email this morning from the DIAC as i emailed them a week ago to say that although i am applying for a 175 offshore skilled independent visa, I am now in Australia as I wanted to have my son start school at the beginning of year 1 and also if they could confirm that they have received all of my documents as on the status enquiry page as it does not mention the police checks…

Anyhow they emailed me to say that yes they have my documents and that they will mark ‘In a very distinctive way’ that I am now in Australia upon my application….

Whether or not this will speed things up god only knows but at least it’s nice to know someone is there and that they actually read your emails…!

James…

that sounds promising. I also thought they would just send a pre prepared email response but it seems they actualy do read your email and look at your file and put a bit into the email them selves the rest of email is standard.

James…

Ditto - I was keen my son was here for day 1 grade 1 so we are 'waiting in Australia' although we got 457's so at least we can work.

My address on the visa app is Australia so I haven't done anything else. I was worried it might slow things down though.

Jules

Guest Kate Edwards

Dont want to give any of you false hope but we did not get notified of a CO - the agency told us they had received everything and it was on the pile to be processed - and then we just got notification of the Visa acceptance - so you never know! You may get a CO the same day you all get accepted!!!! K x

Guest Sebbers

Hi I told myself I wasn't going to check our status today but I just couldn't help myself - you guessed no change for us either

Guest carrie8675

Hi we will be applying for a 175 visa in a couple of months:

Husbands Occupation: Printer

Skills Assessment: Passed

IELTS: 30th May 2009 to gain extra 10 points (sitting at 110 at the minute)

Apply for visa mid June, started filling out details online so agent can check and will be ready to submit when (and if lol) my husband passes the IELTS test :tongue:

Good Luck Everybody x x x x x

Guest smiler77

Hi all,

No change for me, emailed them the last 2 weeks as my new job want a timeframe for when i will have visa, standard email reply 1st time so emailed them again but just got a longer standard one back. 2nd one saying, like update, that they would be processed in lodgement order (may show them a copy of your list Rachel!!)

Getting very fed up and disheartened ;0( New job is amazing, dont know how long they will wait.

Good luck

Tracy ;0)

Hi all,

No change for me, emailed them the last 2 weeks as my new job want a timeframe for when i will have visa, standard email reply 1st time so emailed them again but just got a longer standard one back. 2nd one saying, like update, that they would be processed in lodgement order (may show them a copy of your list Rachel!!)

Getting very fed up and disheartened ;0( New job is amazing, dont know how long they will wait.

Good luck

Tracy ;0)

Hi Tracy,

Have you informed them you have a job offer? It may be worth your while ringing them. And speaking to an advisser and explain that you have a job an you are concerned how long they will keep the position open for you.

Cant garantee they will do anything, put have heard some co work on common sense. It is worth a try whats the worset they can say? you will have to wait because they doing them in lodgment order. Which we know doesnt happen as there is a may applicant still waiting for co.

Rachael

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hi everyone

Don't post here really just keep an eye on developments and retrieve loads of information from all you kind people. Just have a quick question!

We are hopefully about to send off OHs TRA application in the next week (he is a chef - any advice on the application very very welcome as despite having every qualification under the sun and 18 years experience 15 in the army I fear it will be turned down for lack of something!) and we were considering applying for state sponsorship thereafter if this is accepted.

However my question is can we apply for state sponsorship (South Australia) if we have 120 points on the 175 application. I realise that we could apply for a 176 and if state sponsorship is approved we would have 130 points but I am not sure if this is possible.

Does anyone know the answer or should we just go straight for the 175 saving time on applying for state sponsorship? I am at a loss as to what is for the best.

Help anyone :arghh::arghh:

Thanks

Donna

Guest smiler77
Hi Tracy,

Have you informed them you have a job offer? It may be worth your while ringing them. And speaking to an advisser and explain that you have a job an you are concerned how long they will keep the position open for you.

Cant garantee they will do anything, put have heard some co work on common sense. It is worth a try whats the worset they can say? you will have to wait because they doing them in lodgment order. Which we know doesnt happen as there is a may applicant still waiting for co.

Rachael

Hi Rachael,

Tried phoning them, spent the whole night nervous then spent 4 mins going through touch button part only to be cut off before i got to speak to someone cause they were too busy!!!! tried twice -cut off both times :arghh: (though think this was when update Re 175/May was just released so would have been busy)

Thats why i started emails, have said in emails about needing a timeframe for new job but cannot get any new info, may try phoning again tonight, will see how brave im feeling!!

On a different note, could people tell me if they included a form 80 with 175 online application?? find it strange that this wasnt on my checklist, wouldnt even have heard of it if it wasnt for PIO?!?!

Thanx

Smiles Tracy ;0)

Guest The Bee Family

Hi,

I've not posted on here yet, I have been trying to stay away from PIO because it's going to take our application ages. It's easier to try and not think about it, i'm not being very successful at the mo! Here are my details:

Visa: 175 - Non MODL & Non CSL

Applied: 26/09/2008

Trying to wait patiently but not being successful!

House on the market but no offer as yet.

I hope someone gets the news they are wanting to here today.

Kim

xx

Archived