Oz Expo's / Fairs in London - March 2009

martincburgess

Hi all,

Aiming to visit two Expo's in London in March - the Australian Expo and Down Under Live. Visited one a couple of years ago when first thinking about heading to Oz. We are still here in the UK, but now with visa in hand.

Many of the State Governments attend as well as prospective employers.

Has anyone else visited such events and if so is there any advice / feedback that would be useful to know beforehand. Indeed are they worthwhile for the cost of attending?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Guest annemarie and brian

Hi we visited the expo last year thought it was a waste of money

so this time we are going to see down under live and see whats

that like so i cant comment on this one yet!(sorry) hope that

helps.

Annemarie

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Martin, my mum + me went to the Opportunties Australia expo in London last October. We found this to be great (for us) as my mum is a midwife and got a job offer thanks to attending the expo. If you work in healthcare, engineering etc. then you may find it useful otherwise you might find it disappointing but everyone's different so go and have a look,

As for the Down Under Live, we have not been to that one though we're planning to go to the next one (on the first weekend of April since dates + location have been changed).

All the Best,

Dan :smile:

Hi all, a few people have mentioned "Down Under Live" does anyone know if they have employers from the Motor trade (OH is Panel Beater).

Lynne

Lynne,

Have a look at the two sites:

Opportunities Australia - EXP09

www.downunderlive.co.uk

Having been to the expo a few years ago, I found it was generally very broad in its representation, although most of the State Governments were there who provided good advice and may be able to provide a guide as to the demand for different skill sets.

Banks and recruitment agencies were also well represented as were (at that time) the mining industry.

It seems that the boom is rapidly cooling off in Oz, so there may not be such a demand directly from employers at the shows this year.

Hope this helps.

Martin :rolleyes:

Archived