What to apply to TRA for!!!

mornachew

Hi All,

Little bit of a dilema for me, hopefilly one of you guys can shed some light on it for me!!!!

I am currently in the RAF as an Aircraft Avionic Engineer, (SGT).

I was filling my TRA form in tonight and it asks what do I want to be Assessed on I put Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionic). Just thought though, the RAF do not give formal qualifications even though I have been doing for the last 14 years. I think the TRA Aircraft Maitenance Engineer (Avionic) is for people that have their JAR 66!!

Please tell me I am wrong and I can still apply under this!

If not what do I apply under??

I have a couple of other Quals like HND's but they are in Electrical, Electonic And Electronic Manufacture.

Thanks in advance

Hello There,

The TRA are quite good in that when they receive an application they will assess it against ALL their pathways and also any occupations that they feel are a good fit. So, if you have a number of options that you feel you could choose, it is not critical that you pick the one that TRA agree with.

Ofcourse TRA expect you to have trade level qualifications in the occupation and have undergone a training period.

Hi, my hubby did his training in the RAF too. They do give you certificates though for what you've done. He passed his TRA mainly on this for aircraft maintenance engineer (mechanical). Just make sure you write everything down that you do in detail , all the tools you use etc, you will be fine. Go for it!!! If we can be of any more help, please ask. Good luck x

• 2 weeks later...

Your tra assesment will go through better if you have a full apprenticeship and is done through a recognised body and it states that a military apprenticeship is recognised. i Have my jar 66 and a degree in aircraft engineering but they turned it down on the basis that it didnt comply with any of their pathways. Ive now sent in my second application as a fitter which i was in the (army) reme with a full apprenticeship . Waiting for my decision .

need any help just ask its such a blow to get turned down.

Your tra assesment will go through better if you have a full apprenticeship and is done through a recognised body and it states that a military apprenticeship is recognised. i Have my jar 66 and a degree in aircraft engineering but they turned it down on the basis that it didnt comply with any of their pathways. Ive now sent in my second application as a fitter which i was in the (army) reme with a full apprenticeship . Waiting for my decision .

need any help just ask its such a blow to get turned down.

cheers

Does that mean you have to spend another $300?

Archived