If I get Married, how could this affect my application

roky

Hello All,

I lodged my application as a single applicant in 2008. And I've applied for a state-nomination and waiting their approval.

What if I get married while I've applied as a single. And if my visa approved, and then I get married, how can I take my spouse to Australia ?

Thanks very much

Guest AVALSHARMA

Hello Roky,

I am astonished that you are asking same questions about which i am also worrying. But here is your answer. If get marry or tend to marry someone you could also sponsor her after your visa approved by DIAC. You can also sponsor your fiancee to live together on the basis of Prospetive Marriage Visa. It will alow your fiance to enter Autralia before marriage but you both must know each other prsonally well. Once she enter in Australia in next nine month you must marry it doesnt matter you marry in Australia or Outside Australia. But she enter one time before marriage.

Thanks

My wife and I got married the same month we put in the visa application, we didn't think this would be a problem as we were married now, but it turned out to be a nightmare 6 months further down the line when we got a case officer, the C.O. requested all sorts of information, phone bill, utility bills, holiday snaps, references from friends and family. What made matters worse is we each owned our own businesses and owned separate houses 100 miles apart so we did not share any bills (mainly for tax purposes) and no joint bank account for the same reason we kept our finances seperate from each other. We were renting out both our properties and living at my brothers place so all the bills were in his name and we just paid him so we still had no proof. We thought it was all over and we would have to wait a year to gather more information but believe it or not we still got the visa by giving C.O. just 5 pieces of paper one was an email my wife sent to her friend in Australia a year and a half previous which mentioned my name and we had mobile phone records of us calling each other 3 years previous and 2 family references confessing our true love for each other that was enough for C.O. and the visa was granted a week later...If we had known now what we knew then I would advise anyone reading this get utility bills, bank accounts etc. in joint names asap as they will want at least 12 months proof or your application maybe turned down...

Hello All,

I lodged my application as a single applicant in 2008. And I've applied for a state-nomination and waiting their approval.

What if I get married while I've applied as a single. And if my visa approved, and then I get married, how can I take my spouse to Australia ?

Thanks very much

You can add your spouse to your visa application.

If you wed you must notify DIAC.

Your spouse will have to satisfy the public interest crtiteria, even if not migrating.

Depending on the conditions imposed on your visa, you could be in trouble if you wed after your visa is granted, but before you validate it.

AVALSHARMA, I see that we share similar circumstances, ... state-nomination, thinking of marriage, and who konws what else ... 1.gif

Aussiedreams, seems like I'm watching the "Love Story" film ... hahaha ... but congrats for solving this matter out .. hahaha

Wrussel, that's what exactly I've been asking about ... what would be the crtiteria that my spouse should fit i.e. what will my spouse has to do when we get married, and is this gonna cost more money .. !

Thanks

AVALSHARMA, I see that we share similar circumstances, ... state-nomination, thinking of marriage, and who konws what else ... 1.gif

Aussiedreams, seems like I'm watching the "Love Story" film ... hahaha ... but congrats for solving this matter out .. hahaha

Wrussel, that's what exactly I've been asking about ... what would be the crtiteria that my spouse should fit i.e. what will my spouse has to do when we get married, and is this gonna cost more money .. !

Thanks

Medical, penal clearances, functional English

Archived