NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest tandcmum
Thanks Tandcmum been really confused by it. So can I apply to the AHPRA before it's confirmed I'm getting sponsored? I've got an interview next month for an agency and thought I could start getting documents sent over to Oz again. Have you gone down the employer sponsor route? X

Yes i have been sponsored by a hospital direct, they are sponsoring me for a PR visa. I didn't apply for my AHPRA until i had the job offer but i had everything ready as soon as i got my offer i sent it away.NOw just waiting for my visa nomination to be approved then i can apply for my visa

Guest carrierbag

Sorry for bein slow, is that a permanent residency visa? Are you going through a nursing agency or did you apply direct to the hospital? Just wondering if you can get permanent residency from the 457 visa and if your stii tied to the agency/hospital when your a permanent resident? Sorry for all the questions. Was planning the skilled visa route but might be changing if I get an offer. Sounds like everything is going smoothly for you. Hope you hear soon x

Hi just wondering if anyone has any idea how long it takes to get ur registration finalised once in Australia? I was granted my eligible for nursing registration letter a few months ago and I know to finalise the process i need to attend their office in Brisbane to confirm my identification and to have my criminal history check done. We leave in November and I obviously can't work until I have my reg so wondered if anyone has successfully completed the process this way and how long it took.

Cheers

Guest tandcmum
Sorry for bein slow, is that a permanent residency visa? Are you going through a nursing agency or did you apply direct to the hospital? Just wondering if you can get permanent residency from the 457 visa and if your stii tied to the agency/hospital when your a permanent resident? Sorry for all the questions. Was planning the skilled visa route but might be changing if I get an offer. Sounds like everything is going smoothly for you. Hope you hear soon x

Yes its a permanenet residency visa (employer sponsored regional visa) I applied directly to the hospital after seeing an advert in nursing standard. I am tied to the employer for 2 years both for the visa and for my relocation package then i am free to go wherever i like and i can move out of the regional area too if i so wish.

To be honest i don't mind being tied to the employer, i figured we may aswell be out there working as working here waiting for an independednt visa to come through.

Guest carrierbag

Yeh that's how I'm feeling at the minute. Thank you so much for replying it's really helped. Will get back onto Uni and nmc this afternoon to get things started again. Just bit worried if I got sponsored that I wouldn't be able to then get residency. Suppose will have to see how the interview goes and take it from there. Thank you again and good luck with your move x

Guest tandcmum
Yeh that's how I'm feeling at the minute. Thank you so much for replying it's really helped. Will get back onto Uni and nmc this afternoon to get things started again. Just bit worried if I got sponsored that I wouldn't be able to then get residency. Suppose will have to see how the interview goes and take it from there. Thank you again and good luck with your move x

i was offered a couple of jobs with 457 visas and we considered it, but with a family we decided we would rather have the PRvisa from the off than have the worry of having to do it all once in Oz as it means police checks, medicals, form filling all again. Most hospitals howevr only sponsor for the 457 initially but most will sponsor for PR after a qualifying period, i guess i've been really lucky to get offered the PR from the off

Guest lgribble

Hi all,

I am an Australian living in London but moving back to Brisbane. I am a registered nurse here and trying to sort out my registration to be able to practice in Australia.

AHPRA have clear guidelines with the application process however I need to get a number of documents certified. Outside of the Australia this needs to be a justice of the peace, Notary Public or a person appointed at the Australian high commission.

I have contacted several Notary public's and the fees are extortionate up to 95 pounds per document (I have about 15!!) My local magistrates and Australian High commission are also charging for this, about 25 pounds per item.

Do you know if there is anywhere in London where there is a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public service that offers certifying documents either for free or for a much more reasonable price?

Thanks for your time!

anmac assess you. AHPRA register you. Registration is annual. I intend to get my registration as soon as possible even if it means wasting a year of registration. There's no telling how long you'll have to wait for your reg to come through. Surely it would be great to go into the actual visa application knowing that you've already done IELTS; anmac and ahpra. Just leaves meds and police checks to do.

Thats right for the 457 and for the ENS/RSMS visas you only need to apply to AHPRA, no need for skills assessment or IELTS (if you were educated in English)

Hi

I hope to get queensland health to sponsor me on a rsms next year. Regarding RSMS - Diac state that you don't need anmac assessment and ahpra state that you don't need ielts if you can prove english education. But...... on reading the policy for sponsorship on the queensland health website their criteria states that the employee must have been assessed competent in english (ie IELTS) and must have been assessed by the appropriate professional body (ie AMNAC)

So, advice to you all.... check the requirements of the employer you hope to engage with!!

I've decided to do it all, that way nobody can drop a requirement in half way through the visa process. I sat my IELTS in May. Sending off stuff to ANMAC next week and instructing them to forward to AHPRA.

Good luck!

Hi all,

I am an Australian living in London but moving back to Brisbane. I am a registered nurse here and trying to sort out my registration to be able to practice in Australia.

AHPRA have clear guidelines with the application process however I need to get a number of documents certified. Outside of the Australia this needs to be a justice of the peace, Notary Public or a person appointed at the Australian high commission.

I have contacted several Notary public's and the fees are extortionate up to 95 pounds per document (I have about 15!!) My local magistrates and Australian High commission are also charging for this, about 25 pounds per item.

Do you know if there is anywhere in London where there is a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public service that offers certifying documents either for free or for a much more reasonable price?

Thanks for your time!

If your willing to travel to Cardiff, a notary public certified all of my documents for the grand total of £70. He certifies per person not per document.

Guest lgribble
anmac assess you. AHPRA register you. Registration is annual. I intend to get my registration as soon as possible even if it means wasting a year of registration. There's no telling how long you'll have to wait for your reg to come through. Surely it would be great to go into the actual visa application knowing that you've already done IELTS; anmac and ahpra. Just leaves meds and police checks to do.

Thanks for the reply. My process is a little bit different as I am a trained Aussie nurse returning home. Just having no luck with getting my documents certified that wont cost me the earth! Hope your process goes ok... sounds like a lot of things to get done!

Guest lgribble
If your willing to travel to Cardiff, a notary public certified all of my documents for the grand total of £70. He certifies per person not per document.

Ahh just seen this! Sorry very new to the forum thing!! Wow! That's awesome and by far the cheapest I've heard of! Just wish that was in London.

Thanks for your help anyways!

http://www.facultyoffice.org.uk/Notaries2.html

I used John Lyndon Brain in Cardiff. He was very reasonable. Charged me £80 for the first lot which was about 35 pages of various documents and I had to go again a couple of months later for 7 more doc's which he just charged me £20.

Even with the train fare out of London that is well worth it. You can also have a nosey around Cardiff at the same time. A top tourist spot in summer :-)

Ahh just seen this! Sorry very new to the forum thing!! Wow! That's awesome and by far the cheapest I've heard of! Just wish that was in London.

Thanks for your help anyways!

Guest garynhelen

Hi, Quick question, but, I am about to train as an ODP (theatre nurse) and we have a visa application in place through my OH occupation.

I was wondering if after qualifying, I would need some UK work experience before being able to register as a nurse in Oz? Or would my diploma be enough?

We're hoping the visa comes through during the next three years, validate it, then move as soon as I'm qualified!

Thanks for any input here,

Helen x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest loveaussies

Can Someone help me please!!!!!!!!

I got eligibility letter from Ahpra and to complete the registration process they want me to submit my ID's with police clearence certificate to any Ahpra office in person within one year of this eligibility letter....lots of my friends in UK got the same thing recently...I think this is how Ahpra giving out registration nowadays...Anyway in my case I manage to find job and sponsorship 457 visa..So as soon as I reach Australia I will submit my documents with ID to Ahpra office to complete the registration process as Ahpra says..Does anyone know then I will be in the register straight away or I have to wait another month for that....did anyone go through this new Ahpra registration procedure...

please help.......

Hi everyone.. looking at the aphra application for overseas nurses looking reg... it says on one of the documents i need to submit is "oversea,s passport with current Australian Visa"... do i need the visa first then before i can apply... and what other docs do i need..

Also do i need to apply to the ANMC also... is the anmc the equivalent to our NMC???

Hoping to head top Perth as know people there.

Any help advice would be great. xxooxx:wideeyed:

Guest robnnic
Hi everyone.. looking at the aphra application for overseas nurses looking reg... it says on one of the documents i need to submit is "oversea,s passport with current Australian Visa"... do i need the visa first then before i can apply... and what other docs do i need..

Also do i need to apply to the ANMC also... is the anmc the equivalent to our NMC???

Hoping to head top Perth as know people there.

Any help advice would be great. xxooxx:wideeyed:

Hi, i think the ANMAC is just for the skills assessment, if your the main visa applicant. In terms of the AHPRA i can't help you, i still need to do this, but need to wait til ANMAC have finished with my documents.

hope this helps.x.

Nic

Guest loveaussies
Could somebody please help me!

I have been trying to gain my nursing registration since February 2011 when AHPRA received my application (and took my application fee I might add).

I have constantly queried the fact "do I need to sit an IELTs test?, as I have been taught and assessed in English all of my life". the answer has always been "yes" until I recived a letter in April stating "although you have provided the correct evidence to demonstrate you have been taught and aseessed in English you have also provided an unsuccessful IELTs result."

Again, I queried this, due to the way the leeter was written did I need to sit the IELTs test in the first place. Finally, in May I received an email apologising stating I should nebver have sat the IELTs and as long as I provide certified evidence of my education (which I have done) my application will be complete.

Now, they have emailed me again stating I need to sit an IELTs!

Please, please could somebody clarify this for me. i have complained to AHPRA and got nowhere (they won't let me speak to a team leader or supoervisior) and I have no way of getting past the customer services. Does anyone no of any loop holes or people I can speak to or help me.

All help; information and advice is gratefully received:arghh:

did you send them your IELTS test report with less than 7 in each module..

did you send them your IELTS test report with less than 7 in each module..

Gosh...that is awful... i,m hoping to gain registration without ielts, have done it twice and got 6.5 in one of the sections both times.... money making exercise if u ask me.... hope you get advice asap as it will help us all. xx

Good luck.:biggrin:

Guest robnnic
Thank you robnnic.... Ok wasn,t sure if i had to do the skilles assessment but as i,m the main applicant i have to then??? This correct...more money and stress..lol..

Yeah i'm afriad you will, the skills assessment takes a while currently expected 3 months, so i did that first instead of wasting time on my oz registration (i think you pay yearly to re-new like over here) For the skills assessment you will need the IELTS if you haven't already i would book this as your first thing to do as it books up early. then contact NMC and ask to send your registration details to OZ...they will then send you a form and you pay £36 i think, then you will need to contact UNI for your transcript to be sent to OZ, this has to be direct from uni and nmc (my uni charged £60). Then while waiting for your IELTS, practice, but you also need to get your documents certified, ready to send once you have your IELTS results. This is the way i did it anyway, it might be different if you went AHPRA route first.

Do you have the link for the AHPRA fapplication form you used???

Nicx.x

Yeah i'm afriad you will, the skills assessment takes a while currently expected 3 months, so i did that first instead of wasting time on my oz registration (i think you pay yearly to re-new like over here) For the skills assessment you will need the IELTS if you haven't already i would book this as your first thing to do as it books up early. then contact NMC and ask to send your registration details to OZ...they will then send you a form and you pay £36 i think, then you will need to contact UNI for your transcript to be sent to OZ, this has to be direct from uni and nmc (my uni charged £60). Then while waiting for your IELTS, practice, but you also need to get your documents certified, ready to send once you have your IELTS results. This is the way i did it anyway, it might be different if you went AHPRA route first.

Do you have the link for the AHPRA fapplication form you used???

Nicx.x

hi nic. go to their website and lool up oversea,s application form and download it.. i,m doin the ielts again end sept and i,m feeling a bit stressed with the whole thing...its not an easy process is it... so i take it u got ur ielts first time... i got in S9 and L9. 7.5 W and 6.5R..... maddening...x

Guest robnnic
hi nic. go to their website and lool up oversea,s application form and download it.. i,m doin the ielts again end sept and i,m feeling a bit stressed with the whole thing...its not an easy process is it... so i take it u got ur ielts first time... i got in S9 and L9. 7.5 W and 6.5R..... maddening...x

No i didn't, i got mine second time around....i just practised and practised on you tube...it was my reading as well. There was someone being disruptive in my exam so i complain and got my second test free, but it meant i had to wait 3 months for my next test. I started this process in November and it feels like we are just treading water....a lot more of that to be done i think...on the plus side i have my job sorted. Thank you for the AHPRA hint.x.

No i didn't, i got mine second time around....i just practised and practised on you tube...it was my reading as well. There was someone being disruptive in my exam so i complain and got my second test free, but it meant i had to wait 3 months for my next test. I started this process in November and it feels like we are just treading water....a lot more of that to be done i think...on the plus side i have my job sorted. Thank you for the AHPRA hint.x.

Wow... glad u have a job.. did u go through an agency and where u heading??:wink:

Guest Hacking family

Hi The Hulls, you can apply to AHPRA before you get your visa. for the ID requirements send a copy of your photo page of your passport, verified by notary or JP. If you are going on a 457 visa you don't need an IELTS. I have also heard thay IELTS requirements have changed, there may be something on AHPRA website.

Sarah