Help Need for proof of self employment - Any suggestions?

Taz2008

We have just found out that my hubby was successful in the TRA and has passed and I thought the hard work was over now, but have just found out from my agent that I have to do even more work to show and prove that my hubby has worked at least 20 hrs a week for the last 4 years.!

We have lived and worked in France since 2003 and all his paperwork is in French which is a nightmare as we have to get it translated. The biggest problem is trying to prove that he has worked for 20hrs per week. As he is self employed it is difficult to show this without payslips.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Can you give me some suggestions to what I can do. I am trying to get a Chartered Accountant to translate his tax return forms, but am not sure that this will be enough. I cannot see a way of proving he has worked 20hrs week. Can't believe we have got this far and now not sure what to do! :mad:

Please help! :wubclub:

Guest chris_mac
We have just found out that my hubby was successful in the TRA and has passed and I thought the hard work was over now, but have just found out from my agent that I have to do even more work to show and prove that my hubby has worked at least 20 hrs a week for the last 4 years.!

We have lived and worked in France since 2003 and all his paperwork is in French which is a nightmare as we have to get it translated. The biggest problem is trying to prove that he has worked for 20hrs per week. As he is self employed it is difficult to show this without payslips.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Can you give me some suggestions to what I can do. I am trying to get a Chartered Accountant to translate his tax return forms, but am not sure that this will be enough. I cannot see a way of proving he has worked 20hrs week. Can't believe we have got this far and now not sure what to do! :mad:

Please help! :wubclub:

Hi Taz

A statitory Declaration stating every detail from scratch. Date first went self employed, Start times, finish times, (7.30 til 5.30)Weekend work, Contracts undertaken etc.. with supporting evidence be it B&Q receipts or Wholesaler receipts etc should do the trick.

Best wishes

Chris

Hi i know when i was gathering my paperwork for TRA (self employed hairdresser) i sent copies of accounts for several years, letter from accountant, stat decs from clients, letter from wholesalers to say how long i had traded with them, how much i had spent and what sort of things i bought from them, receipts, self assessment tax return

Good luck

Tania X

Thanks for your suggestions, but I have already done a stat dec for the TRA process and thought what what I sent the TRA would be enough for the DIAC, but apparently not. From what my agent said I need more proof than what I gave the TRA?!?! :arghh:

Guest chris_mac
Thanks for your suggestions, but I have already done a stat dec for the TRA process and thought what what I sent the TRA would be enough for the DIAC, but apparently not. From what my agent said I need more proof than what I gave the TRA?!?! :arghh:

Taz thats not right?

You cant make paper work appear because an agent says so!

A statutory declaration is a legal document which set outs a standard form of wording for you to adapt to your own personal circumstances and requirements. Usually required by Courts and Home Office Immigration & Nationality directorate.

A statutory declaration is a legal declaration given and signed in front of someone who is duly authorised by the Court, such as a solicitor, commissioner for oaths, notary public, justice of the peace.

A statutory declaration is made by the declarant as if given verbally under oath and accordingly anyone who makes a false declaration commits an offence of perjury.

They cant refuse it!

Best wishes

Chris

As long as he can show he's been earning a "living wage" that will be enough,tax returns ( as you already know ) will show this,dont worry,you'l be ok

A statutory declaration is a legal declaration given and signed in front of someone who is duly authorised by the Court, such as a solicitor, commissioner for oaths, notary public, justice of the peace.

W whatever

Guest the dobbas

hi , sometimes the agents go over the top in what they ask for this is because a lot of them promise your money back if you dont get your visa granted , so i would say stat decs from wholesalers and clients and a few tax returns should be ok

dobba

Taz thats not right?

A statutory declaration is a legal document which set outs a standard form of wording for you to adapt to your own personal circumstances and requirements. Usually required by Courts and Home Office Immigration & Nationality directorate.

A statutory declaration is made by the declarant as if given verbally under oath and accordingly anyone who makes a false declaration commits an offence of perjury.

They cant refuse it!

Best wishes

Chris

Thanks Chris, but have already done this for the TRA, however, we did not state how many hours a week he had worked. This is not always possible when self employed. We have never kept a log of how many hours he has done in a week, as its not really necessary! Silly really, as long as you can show you have been working surely that should be enough! Our Agent said that although he has his own business, he could be sitting on the beach every day and not working!?! We wish!!! Which is why he has to prove his hours!:confused:

hi , sometimes the agents go over the top in what they ask for this is because a lot of them promise your money back if you dont get your visa granted , so i would say stat decs from wholesalers and clients and a few tax returns should be ok

dobba

Hi dobba

Our agent does not offer any money back so its not that and we have already given him the stuff you suggested for the TRA process! I really thought all the effort I put in getting the paperwork for the TRA would be enough, but the agent said he needs more. Nightmare!:nah:

Hi i know when i was gathering my paperwork for TRA (self employed hairdresser) i sent copies of accounts for several years, letter from accountant, stat decs from clients, letter from wholesalers to say how long i had traded with them, how much i had spent and what sort of things i bought from them, receipts, self assessment tax return

Good luck

Tania X

Thanks Tania

Although I am his accountant (unofficially) so I am not sure if the copy of his accounts which I hold will be enough, although It cant hurt sending them anyway, along with receipts. If sending receipts did you send photocopies or originals? I dont like the idea of giving away original receipts and getting certified copies could be very difficult! :wacko:

Guest the dobbas
Hi dobba

Our agent does not offer any money back so its not that and we have already given him the stuff you suggested for the TRA process! I really thought all the effort I put in getting the paperwork for the TRA would be enough, but the agent said he needs more. Nightmare!:nah:

hi i dont know what to sugest as my wife was self employed and this is all we supplyed and we had our visa granted last week ! as you rightly say you work many different hours so on the stat dec you say you always work a minimum 20 hours all i can say is to ask the agent exactly what he wants as you cannot invent paper work . im sure gollywobbler will be along shortly to advise you as she knows everything and will give you good advise good luck

dobba

hi i dont know what to sugest as my wife was self employed and this is all we supplyed and we had our visa granted last week ! as you rightly say you work many different hours so on the stat dec you say you always work a minimum 20 hours all i can say is to ask the agent exactly what he wants as you cannot invent paper work . im sure gollywobbler will be along shortly to advise you as she knows everything and will give you good advise good luck

dobba

Well done for getting your visa granted - I am green with envy :eek:- we have a long way to go yet! Good luck with your move!

Taz thats not right?

They cant refuse it!

Best wishes

Chris

If I'm not mistaken though...the TRA is more concerned with training/apprenticeship. That is how they assess someone, based on the first 4-6 years of their career.

Whereas, DIAC will want to see that you have been in employment for 12 out of 24 or 3 of 4. If you have been in the field for 15 years, you may have strong training references, but really weak current references.

Just a thought.

Guest brooksey
Get his mates up the pub t write a reference

:idea:Thats what i did. Still doing it now to get a licence. It's not realy cheating :policeman:, just a short cut.

Guest nvoorst

dobba

I think the agent is just being thorough, which is his/her job. better too much paperwork than too little and have the visa refused

Thanks Tania

Although I am his accountant (unofficially) so I am not sure if the copy of his accounts which I hold will be enough, although It cant hurt sending them anyway, along with receipts. If sending receipts did you send photocopies or originals? I dont like the idea of giving away original receipts and getting certified copies could be very difficult! :wacko:

I did send some originals and some photocopy ones

Tania X

Archived