Sub class 309 - (Spouse) Provisional resident to permanent resident

Guest wyung

Guest wyung

Hi !! I've been reading the forums and it's a great community out here!

And now I've got a simple query too.

I have a 309 sub class visa (Spouse, provisional resident).

I understand that this will be converted to a permanent resident typically after 2 years. I believe this 'waiting' period is to confirm genuineness of the spousal relationship.

Question:

What evidence of relationship or procedures will be required after the period of 2 years for my visa to be converted to a permanent resident visa? Or is an interview with my wife and I be sufficient?

Any advice of experience to share?

Thank you in advance. :D

Ryan

Hi Ryan

I am on sub class visa 820 spouse (temp visa) and also waiting my 2 years to then go to pernament, i was told (when i had my original interview with the migration officer - who granted me my temp visa) that i would not have to have another inteview but just show documentation to confirm that we are a couple i.e. party/wedding invites - club membership together - aniversary cards - any joint banking - loans - anything to prove that you are a genuine couple and live together.

Hope this helps

gizmo

• 2 years later...

:arghh::biggrin:

Hi !! I've been reading the forums and it's a great community out here!

And now I've got a simple query too.

I have a 309 sub class visa (Spouse, provisional resident).

I understand that this will be converted to a permanent resident typically after 2 years. I believe this 'waiting' period is to confirm genuineness of the spousal relationship.

Question:

What evidence of relationship or procedures will be required after the period of 2 years for my visa to be converted to a permanent resident visa? Or is an interview with my wife and I be sufficient?

Any advice of experience to share?

Thank you in advance. :D

Ryan

Archived