Guest Vicvea

Heya there

Can anyone help me, we are findig out in the next few days if my dad has a chance to get a job in Perth and obviously me and my mam will be following soon after (we hope). I am 18 and in my first year of university but I have no idea how the education system works in Australia.. Will I be in my second year when I come out there? Can anyone help me?

Thanks

You should get credit for the units you have done in UK - best check with the uni and ask them though. If you are coming on a permanent resident visa then you will have to pay your fees (between $5k and $10k per annum) up front each semester. If you are coming on a 457 visa then you will be a temporary resident and up for international student fees ($10k+). An honours degree in Aus will take you 4 years rather than the 3 years it will take you in UK.

try Study In Australia and New Zealand - they will coordinate any application to a uni in oz.

my daughter got a place at melbourne uni. as we are on a 457 visa we have to pay full international fees ( over$20k per year plus compulsory health insurance over $1000 per year)

i am not sure about western australia - it may be different. her degree is for 3 years. they assessed her a-levels in a similar way to ucas.

the year starts in 2 weeks time but there are intakes for some degrees in july ( second semester)

good luck!

cath

Archived