Why are Brit’s the most negative people in the world.

Guest earlswood

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the thing we Brits are really excellent at is telling the world how bad we are! My guess is we are no worse as a nation than many others and yet we just love telling everyone how we screw up at everything. It's not true--many things are still great about this country and the people in it--but we do have a tendency to emphasise the negative, whereas others, eg the USA, seem to concentrate mostly on the positives.

We should talk ourselves up, not down!!

Actually the thing we Brits are really excellent at is telling the world how bad we are! My guess is we are no worse as a nation than many others and yet we just love telling everyone how we screw up at everything. It's not true--many things are still great about this country and the people in it--but we do have a tendency to emphasise the negative, whereas others, eg the USA, seem to concentrate mostly on the positives.

We should talk ourselves up, not down!!

Thats why yanks have put the world in the **** , they are the best and cant get into trouble errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mally

Guest Bunsenburner
It has take me 2 years away to realise that we are the most negative people in the world.

I know understand why we are called “whinging poms”

Every newspaper and every news programme is just full of doom and gloom, Countries like Spain France and especially Italy have much more corrupt governments than ours but all I am hearing is about this “corrupt government” because of a couple of bad eggs in the Lords and on the main benches.

Australia has similar problems to the UK with crime recession etc but they do not go on and on and on about it like we do.

I have noticed friends who are well off and have a great lifestyle go on and on about how hard it is to live these days and this one has 2 kids in private education and 2 new jags on the drive.

British love to queue because u get to stand there and have a whole bunch of other pissed off people forced to stand there with u to moan with. Moan Moan Moan. Damn it and when they get to the front of the queue they moan a bit more to the person whos serving hence the queue stays being slow and moan moan moan more excuse to moan

We live in a Country that has so many advantages than the vast majority of the world and just whinge and whinge and whinge, I have been to Mexico India and most of Europe and see people who have nothing with a smile on their faces and are happy with just a little food and a crap existence to what we have in the UK.

We are defiantly the most “glass half empty” nation in the world and the term “whinging pom” is sooo appropriate.

Rant not over.:GEEK:

brilliant... totally brilliant. i can agree with that.

A bit of both Nigel but I've no doubt that women were whingers before they got the vote FIRST in SA. I'm sure the indigenous were whingers too. But for Brits you must understand that gripes about pies and dialect is pretty small. Look at the UK - Muslims whinged big time and now they have sharia law!!! Compare one with the other....at your leisure!!! :no:

0405delboy

Hi delboy

Can you just clarify what you mean by that?

Are you saying that there is Sharia Law in UK??

Thanks

Sue x

Guest 0405delboy

Wow yeah!!! Almost too much to comprehend but yeah!! I know its pathetic but I've been here so long I love the old homeland more than ever!!! How can I prove it ????:jiggy::biggrin:

0405delboy

I don't understand why everyone has been whingeing about the snow, if more money had been spent to prepare for this unusual event then people would be whingeing about the fact that money has been wasted in preparing for something that happens once every so often.

I personally loved the fact that my bus didn't run for 2 days, and the car was stuck in the driveway, it meant I got to get out there and play in the most snow I've ever seen in my lifetime!!

I think no matter where you go people will whinge, I suppose if you're not striving to make things better and don't have anything to whinge about then life would become very boring and news programs would have nothing to broadcast which probably answers my first question!

I suppose it's healthy to whinge and gives us something to make idle chat with - if you had nothing to whinge about, what would you say to the neighbour you hardly know, the postie or the milkman?!

Hi Kate,

"We should talk ourselves up, not down!!"

I quite agree, but I also think that when the s**t is swimming round your knees, it's no good pretending it's custard.

The UK is one of the most beautiful, culturally rich and warm places on the planet. The problem is that it's been stolen by the plastic men in grey suits. That's why I'm angry and why I'm not going back.

I think it's useful sometimes to remember why we left or why we want to leave.

England is no longer a place for dreams,of making things happen. That has to be done in other places.

And I fear for the future of my three grandchildren and from their point of view we have nothing to talk up. The parents will know this better than me.

I don't mind about the speed cameras, once we get to Adelaide I've got me bike and I don't plan to venture anywhere more than 20 minutes from a restaurant, cinema or a decent coffee shop. If I can't get to it by bus or tram I ent interested. :yes:

Really chuffed at the minute as a load of tourist bumf just arrived from Adelaide Dept of trade and development. Just makes it all seem a little nearer

:twitcy:

Archived