Why are Brit’s the most negative people in the world.

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood

It has take me 2 years away to realise that we are the most negative people in the world.

I know understand why we are called “whinging poms”

Every newspaper and every news programme is just full of doom and gloom, Countries like Spain France and especially Italy have much more corrupt governments than ours but all I am hearing is about this “corrupt government” because of a couple of bad eggs in the Lords and on the main benches.

Australia has similar problems to the UK with crime recession etc but they do not go on and on and on about it like we do.

I have noticed friends who are well off and have a great lifestyle go on and on about how hard it is to live these days and this one has 2 kids in private education and 2 new jags on the drive.

British love to queue because u get to stand there and have a whole bunch of other pissed off people forced to stand there with u to moan with. Moan Moan Moan. Damn it and when they get to the front of the queue they moan a bit more to the person whos serving hence the queue stays being slow and moan moan moan more excuse to moan

We live in a Country that has so many advantages than the vast majority of the world and just whinge and whinge and whinge, I have been to Mexico India and most of Europe and see people who have nothing with a smile on their faces and are happy with just a little food and a crap existence to what we have in the UK.

We are defiantly the most “glass half empty” nation in the world and the term “whinging pom” is sooo appropriate.

Rant not over.:GEEK:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie

I don't know about whinging ,Earlswood,I just think that the average Brit is a pretty staunch sort of person who sees the negative things around them and is not afraid to speak up and demand better.

I understand where you are coming from,I actually think there are a lot of good things about the UK,yes there are a lot of things that could be better but all in all I reckon it's a pretty good country.

I mean,I am coming to live there for a few years in May and I wouldn't be doing that if I didn't think I would be happy there.But you're right some people need to appreciate what they've got before it's gone.

Hi Earlswood;

Sort of what I've been saying about Oz all along. One of the reasons I want to live there again is because of the more positive attitude. Even my 11 year old figured it out in a few days of us being there for a visit last year. I don't know why we have a tendency to be so negative, but I hate it. I agree, we have so much to enjoy and celebrate. But I would rather be amongst people who enjoy what they've got. We're just spoilt brats really. Don't know if it has always been this way?

Even my Aussie husband is now a right Eeyore after living here for ten years. I'm starting a whinge box to fine everyone at home for complaining in the hope that I can retrain them before we go back to Brisbane.

Whinge over (for the time being!)

Deb

Guest Tracy Murphy

Blame the newspapers.....they love doom and gloom stories. UK's not bad and is blumin great compared to some countries. We don't help ourselves sometimes. Still going to Oz meself though. At least I can be a whinging pom in the sun, although lovin the snow at the moment.

Still think we need a better migration system though. I pay 40% tax and get nowt back. Seem to be paying for others who in some cases are not contributing due to bone idleness. Happy to pay me way to help those who cannot work, but think some of the more lazier Brits could get off the bums and do more.

Blame the newspapers.....they love doom and gloom stories. UK's not bad and is blumin great compared to some countries. We don't help ourselves sometimes. Still going to Oz meself though. At least I can be a whinging pom in the sun, although lovin the snow at the moment.

Still think we need a better migration system though. I pay 40% tax and get nowt back. Seem to be paying for others who in some cases are not contributing due to bone idleness. Happy to pay me way to help those who cannot work, but think some of the more lazier Brits could get off the bums and do more.

You be payin more here mate and for the same bludgers

Mally

I completely agree Earlswood. We are a negative country. I refuse to listen to the news anymore and drone like Eastenders. We seem to love to wallow!

I have no idea why we are like this. We are extremely privileged to be born in Britain (try living somewhere like North Korea). There is always room for improvement with everything however there are ways a means to do this, and whining is not one . I am not sure if the weather plays a part or if that is just an excuse. I do think that as the general public has become more affluent, we expect more and appreciate less. All of this is compounded by the media. Rewind only 50 years and life was a hell of a lot harder than it is now, yet it is never enough for some.

Maybe it is easy for me to say as I have a great life here in the UK, and do believe it has lots to offer and many opportunities for people. Emigrating to Oz for me isnt about getting out of a hole - it is about broadening my horizons and seeing what it is like somewhere else.

You be payin more here mate and for the same bludgers

Mally

Mally,

Overall does oz live up to your expectations, or do you feel that it was all a bit overhyped.

I know it is all horses for courses but how do you feel. andy

I completely agree Earlswood. We are a negative country. I refuse to listen to the news anymore and drone like Eastenders. We seem to love to wallow!

I have no idea why we are like this. We are extremely privileged to be born in Britain (try living somewhere like North Korea). There is always room for improvement with everything however there are ways a means to do this, and whining is not one . I am not sure if the weather plays a part or if that is just an excuse. I do think that as the general public has become more affluent, we expect more and appreciate less. All of this is compounded by the media. Rewind only 50 years and life was a hell of a lot harder than it is now, yet it is never enough for some.

Maybe it is easy for me to say as I have a great life here in the UK, and do believe it has lots to offer and many opportunities for people. Emigrating to Oz for me isnt about getting out of a hole - it is about broadening my horizons and seeing what it is like somewhere else.

Life was not as hard 50 years ago but there were less choices, people were happy with that, the govt and the social hierarchy would not let them access more. Blokes went out to work and women looked after the family , the same family life thatcher exuded to asa the govt controled the people . The consumer age has made ot harder for people to live , get this and that go here. There were little opportunities to broaden your horizons , albeit a trip to the coast . The tenpounders were the first sponsored emigs lol . The aussies are as negative but sit there and say she`ll be right and when she aint thay bleat

Mally

It has take me 2 years away to realise that we are the most negative people in the world.

Every newspaper and every news programme is just full of doom and gloom, Countries like Spain France and especially Italy have much more corrupt governments than ours but all I am hearing is about this “corrupt government” because of a couple of bad eggs in the Lords and on the main benches.

Australia has similar problems to the UK with crime recession etc but they do not go on and on and on about it like we do.

I have noticed friends who are well off and have a great lifestyle go on and on about how hard it is to live these days and this one has 2 kids in private education and 2 new jags on the drive.

We live in a Country that has so many advantages than the vast majority of the world and just whinge and whinge and whinge, I have been to Mexico India and most of Europe and see people who have nothing with a smile on their faces and are happy with just a little food and a crap existence to what we have in the UK.

We are defiantly the most “glass half empty” nation in the world and the term “whinging pom” is sooo appropriate.

everything is relative earl, you shouldnt allways use the lowest common denominator as a benchmark

Mally,

Overall does oz live up to your expectations, or do you feel that it was all a bit overhyped.

I know it is all horses for courses but how do you feel. andy

Hi Andy

To be Frank (whos he) never had any expectations no rekky or hol or anything . Sept 07 picked up oh nursing mag adverts for Oz , went out that nite said after a few bugga it apply for a job in oz , she thought it was the ale talkin but foned , got 457 visa dec 07 ,flew feb 08 ,pr dec09 . I dont think its overhyped , think too much expect\tions are from the never ending holiday syndrome. Its life here , same as uk , work , rest and play. Depending on where you settle leisure prob be different . Weather can be extreme as uk but in different extremes . The biggest thing is gettin used to the size of the place ,WA and the Eastern states 2 hours difference, Even the size of thestates themselves . You get peeps postin about goin regional but that aint going across Englnd to the countryside ,it can be 1000kms . Example advert in paper for an old sheep station ay Pingin (spellin mite be wrong but the place is 2700000 hectares and thats a spec. Life is good aint going to say the dream because dreams and nitemares are the same thing illusions,

Mally

Guest Perth Princess

It is so true that as Brits we are are complete whingers. Personally I have always been a glass half full girl- I was very lucky to be born in the UK and even luckier to be living in Perth right now...

WELL I THINK YOU HAVE PROVED THAT POINT ALL ON YOUR OWN EARLS !!!! YOU HAVE HAD THE OPPURTUNITY TO SPEND TIME IN COUNTRIES ALL OVER THE WORLD ...AND HERE YOU ARE BACK WHERE YOU STARTED STILL MOANING ...:tongue:

MRS KEILY

Guest earlswood
everything is relative earl, you shouldnt allways use the lowest common denominator as a benchmark

I know you will get the violins out but…

My grandparents told me the other day when they first started out could never get a council house as they did not qualify and had to rent a room in a house, they lived in this one roomed flat for 5 years….this was a hard working couple who could not afford a car until they had been married for 10 years, no one they knew had a car except for the odd doctor or solicitor,

They both had to catch 3 or 4 buses every day taking a couple of hours each way just to get to work.

I remember my dad had the best car he could afford when I was a kid and he would spend all weekend down the scrap-yard getting parts or rubbing the body-work down to repair a rust-hole.

People today have sooo much to be thankful for.....soooo much…do you know anyone who does not have a car? Most families have two and can afford all the gadgets Tvs Sky subscriptions and computers that people in other Countries can only dream of....enough food in their bellies to feed an african family for a week...

Brits would bloody moan if everything was bloody perfect in this Country…we have alwys been and always will be the world champions of whinging.

My grandparents told me the other day when they first started out could never get a council house as they did not qualify and had to rent a room in a house, they lived in this one roomed flat for 5 years….this was a hard working couple who could not afford a car until they had been married for 10 years, no one they knew had a car except for the odd doctor or solicitor,

They both had to catch 3 or 4 buses every day taking a couple of hours each way just to get to work.

I remember my dad had the best car he could afford when I was a kid and he would spend all weekend down the scrap-yard getting parts or rubbing the body-work down to repair a rust-hole.

People today have sooo much to be thankful for.....soooo much…do you know anyone who does not have a car? Most families have two and can afford all the gadgets Tvs Sky subscriptions and computers that people in other Countries can only dream of....enough food in their bellies to feed an african family for a week...

Brits would bloody moan if everything was bloody perfect in this Country…we have alwys been and always will be the world champions of whinging.

OMG EARLS ....FIND MYSELF AGREEING WITH YOU !!!!!!! LMAO

MY GRAN WHO IS 96YRS YOUNG .... TOLD ME SHE HAS NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD REGARDS HER HOUSE AND THE MONEY SHE HAS .....BUT ITS SUCH A SHAME SHES TOOO BL**DY OLD TO ENJOY IT :wacko:

MRS KEILY

Thats my point earl,everything is relative,people moaned years ago when they had nothing,and people moan now when they have a lot more,i honestly dont think brits are unique in that, because when you were on holiday/whatever, you may have walked past some indian kid smiling because he had an extra poppadom on his plate doesnt mean you can assume the native population is "happy" because of incidents like this does it? im stretching/exagerating the point but you know what i mean,yes we do have a lot more now,but much wants more,as the saying goes,brits moan,the french and a lot of other countries riot for days on end,im not very nationalistic when it comes to england/uk as you may remember,so im not "touchy" re any subject regarding brits or the uk,its just that i dont think you can pigeonhole whole nations,I.E the dutch are laidback/easygoing, the yanks are loud/thick,i honestly dont think theres that much difference in brits and most western nations tbh, i think its more a case of "say it long enough,and loud enough,and people will believe it",for example.....the brits are a bunch of whingers.

Guest earlswood
Thats my point earl,everything is relative,people moaned years ago when they had nothing,and people moan now when they have a lot more,i honestly dont think brits are unique in that, because when you were on holiday/whatever, you may have walked past some indian kid smiling because he had an extra poppadom on his plate doesnt mean you can assume the native population is "happy" because of incidents like this does it? im stretching/exagerating the point but you know what i mean,yes we do have a lot more now,but much wants more,as the saying goes,brits moan,the french and a lot of other countries riot for days on end,im not very nationalistic when it comes to england/uk as you may remember,so im not "touchy" re any subject regarding brits or the uk,its just that i dont think you can pigeonhole whole nations,I.E the dutch are laidback/easygoing, the yanks are loud/thick,i honestly dont think theres that much difference in brits and most western nations tbh, i think its more a case of "say it long enough,and loud enough,and people will believe it",for example.....the brits are a bunch of whingers.

I agree with a lot of what you say Pablo but there is no getting away from the fact that we are a “half empty” nation.

This might be partly down to the media in the way they build say a sportsman up to then when he is at the top of his profession knock him down, this does not happen in any other Country.

Look at David Beckham who does not drink does not smoke does not do drugs is a model professional hero to millions of kids and although he is a billionaire just wants to play for England and will sit on the bench without whinging for 3 games just to get 5 minutes….a true great bloke yet the media trash him and his wife.

Look at the way people moan and groan .

Isn’t this weather terrible? We lost a slate off the roof, in that wind last night and now the drains are blocked now, with all the leaves. Oh, I hate Autumn, don’t you? And then there’s Christmas - only six weeks away but the cards have been in the shops since August Bank Holiday and you have to queue for everything….! And they have got a xmas tree in Selfridges and it is still November.

Summer….ohhhhhh it,s to bloody hot I hate it …been like this for 3 days and a hose pipe ban already

One thing though earl................a few weeks back you posted about how happy and smiling people were,has that changed then?

well earl, seriously now,does this mean you are now saying people are'nt smiling and happy? like you said a while back in another thread you started on your return to the uk? because this thread and the one you posted a while back seem to contradict each other,just curious.:confused:

Guest earlswood
One thing though earl................a few weeks back you posted about how happy and smiling people were,has that changed then?

People under thirty seem happy and the people I mix with are generakky happy....but the over thirties are the biggest whingers in the world...people do smile and seem happy when I see them in pubs and clubs and when I meet them.....but they still whinge and moan about everything.

well earl, seriously now,does this mean you are now saying people are'nt smiling and happy? like you said a while back in another thread you started on your return to the uk? because this thread and the one you posted a while back seem to contradict each other,just curious.:confused:

You will have to give earlswood a bit of time to get his story straight:yes:

Guest kirstig123
People under thirty seem happy and the people I mix with are generakky happy....but the over thirties are the biggest whingers in the world...people do smile and seem happy when I see them in pubs and clubs and when I meet them.....but they still whinge and moan about everything.

Oh no! Gross generalisation! As a very happy and clealry rare (almost extinct!) 37 year old, I would like to put you straight Earlswood - I only whinge when my glass is empty or when I have a hangover....which is why my glass is ALWAYS FULL. It makes me very :wub:happy! Life is great, even when you are in Limbo land!!!!!

Guest gibbboe
seen your posts over the last few months and i think now you are realising what a spectacular failure you made of you move to oz !!!!!! KNOWITALL springs to mind:biglaugh:your sorry now the euphoria of being back has gone hahahahahahahhhahaha

Why have you decided to use such such offensive language

Archived