Hi everbody

Cazz

Hi everybody, We are Al (45) Cazz (44) Ben (18) Sam (14) Terri (21 but she's not coming with us) & Jake the dog (also not coming due to his age) We are from Cheshire UK (snowing heavily at the moment of writting this!) We lodged our state sponsored 176 visa on 14th Oct 08, still awaiting a CO, though I am counting down the days now until the proposed date we should (according to DIAC) have one by!!! We will be coming to Perth and can't wait, we've been dreaming of it for the last 15 years (long story) and can't believe it's gonna happen at last! Hubby is an aircraft maintenance engineer (not licenced) so if anyone out there has any info, jobs or contact with this line of work we would appreciate hearing from you. His job is on the CSL so we hope we will be hearing something soon. Limbo land is not a nice place to be:twitcy: as I am sue everyone will agree. Anyway, look forward to chatting to you all and meeting up with some of you lucky (already made the move) folks over in Perth when we get there. Bye for now x

Guest snow white
Hi everybody, We are Al (45) Cazz (44) Ben (18) Sam (14) Terri (21 but she's not coming with us) & Jake the dog (also not coming due to his age) We are from Cheshire UK (snowing heavily at the moment of writting this!) We lodged our state sponsored 176 visa on 14th Oct 08, still awaiting a CO, though I am counting down the days now until the proposed date we should (according to DIAC) have one by!!! We will be coming to Perth and can't wait, we've been dreaming of it for the last 15 years (long story) and can't believe it's gonna happen at last! Hubby is an aircraft maintenance engineer (not licenced) so if anyone out there has any info, jobs or contact with this line of work we would appreciate hearing from you. His job is on the CSL so we hope we will be hearing something soon. Limbo land is not a nice place to be:twitcy: as I am sue everyone will agree. Anyway, look forward to chatting to you all and meeting up with some of you lucky (already made the move) folks over in Perth when we get there. Bye for now x

hi there,

welcome to this site you will find loads of people to help answer all your questions lots of luck with your application and your new life down under

lesley x

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. Yes you're right it is addictive! We have been mooching through the forum for a few months now & thought it was time we got involved. You're right it does take over from the housework (like I need an excuse!!!)

Guest familywest

HI guy's, my name is Angela(36) my family and i are also in the same situation as u. We lodged our application on the 8th August '08 and still do not have a CO! We decided to get our police checks and medicals done in the meantime. Thank goodness we did as my husbund was found to have a serious heart condition. We have had all the relevent reports and info requested sent off and are now awaiting the news if he has passed his medical or not. Life of Limbo is driving my family and i crazzzzy!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in touch

Angela:-)

HI guy's, my name is Angela(36) my family and i are also in the same situation as u. We lodged our application on the 8th August '08 and still do not have a CO! We decided to get our police checks and medicals done in the meantime. Thank goodness we did as my husbund was found to have a serious heart condition. We have had all the relevent reports and info requested sent off and are now awaiting the news if he has passed his medical or not. Life of Limbo is driving my family and i crazzzzy!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in touch

Angela:-)

Hi Angela, sorry to hear about your hubby, hope all goes well.

Hi and welcome to poms in oz, your not far away from us we live in Newcastle, we lodged our visa last March just waiting for our visa to be granted now

Good luck with the process

Tania X

Hi Tania, You've had a long wait, hope you hear soon. Yes you are close to us. Where are you moving to in Oz? Nice to hear from you Cazz

We have a state sponsorship to Victoria, not 100% sure of location yet, we applied for visa in March 08 then got a C/O in October, but then we had to wait for consent order so thats taken us longer, but it is all down to finances aswell. So hopefully not much longer, and then its just what we do about house

Tania X

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi and welcome to the addiction that is PIO!!!! I am sure you will have a CO very soon, and then it will be bye bye limbo land and helllllooooo panic stations!!!!

Good Luck!

michelle x

Thanks again everybody for the lovely welcome. My heads already in turmoil trying to get as much stuff sold that won't be coming with us, selling off all our marine fish, tanks etc (started this is July and still have 3 tanks to go!) Worrying about where my daughter, who isn't coming with us, is going to live & how she will afford to live!!! Still need to get a few things done at the house, then we can get it on the market! It will all be worth it in the end, but LIMBO LAND stews my melon more than all that!!!

Guest familywest

Just a quickie as can't sleep.

All this Oz stuff just keeps going around in my head.

I just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcom guy's and i look forward to keeping in touch.

Angela x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi There

Welcome to PIO, any questions at all please don't be afraid to ask that's what we are all here for. We are still learning new things after being here nearly 5 years.

Archived