Visa Update QLD

Guest JoanneHattersley

We are awaiting state sponsorship at the moment.

I am hoping to head out later this year or early next year.

I work with a multi national consultancy and have put in for a transfer. They have offices in Bris, so I may head out with a job.

How about you?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Burns Clan

Not yet but a few discussions happening with a couple of consultancies my company used to have offices in Bris but closed last year, seems to be plenty of opportunities! Where are you based just now?

Guest altafhk
Just received Queensland Government Sponsorship. Time to complete the big form!

Congratulations

I also wanted to apply SS to QLD, but I don't have liquid funds to show at initial level, I have property and some cash. So applied SA.

• 3 weeks later...
Names: Nicky & David [he's the applicant]

Visa Type: 176 since the MODL disappeared.

How far in: Skills Assessed, on CSL. QLD State Sponsorship application next week

Job: Software Developer [.NET]

Heading to: Brisbane - fingers crossed!!

Update... applied for SS on 12th April and found out today it's been successful!! Can't believe it was so quick!

Update... applied for SS on 12th April and found out today it's been successful!! Can't believe it was so quick![/quote

Another update... managed to lodge just before the suspension today. Slightly nervous they may send it back, but crossing fingers and waiting now.

• 2 months later...
Congratulations

I also wanted to apply SS to QLD, but I don't have liquid funds to show at initial level, I have property and some cash. So applied SA.

Big form now done and sent. Receipt of application acknowledged.

Now have to wait for Case Officer and see what happens?

Doc 53

• 4 weeks later...
Helen, Neil, Connor and Natasha 176 SS Visa.

IELTS passed 19/05/2010

ANMC Skills assessment 23/07/2010

APHRA registration sent 10/08/2010 Still awaiting

QLD State sponsorship 26/08/2010.. APPROVED after 1 day

Received email this morning to say SS application has been received and is now in a queue to be processed...:smile:

Guest mgamboa

Names: Mario,claudia,sarah

Visa Type 119 rsms

Date : 29 july 2010

Status Waiting CO

Place to Resident Bowen Queensland 4805

Guest jas258

Hi All

applied for visa 176 visa:July 2009

catagory 3

no case officer yet

My self and my wife are going on a one year visa in sept this year to Brisbane, still looking for short term rental yicks!!!! looking for nice areas to live any ideas???? love to meet up with others for coffee and chat when we get there. :jiggy:

Hi. Quick question regarding applying for visa. Many thanks ahead of reply.

I am applying for queensland for which we have sponsership and i have my vettasses for general electrician. Does anyone know current processing times and what cat/group we would be in?

Many thanks

Sorry......Haven't a clue,:daydreaming: I'm a nurse and just lodged my visa application yesterday having been granted QLD SS. Hopefully someone else might be able to help or if you have recently been granted a 176 visa give us your timeline... PLEASE.

Good luck crowded house. x

Sorry......Haven't a clue,:daydreaming: I'm a nurse and just lodged my visa application yesterday having been granted QLD SS. Hopefully someone else might be able to help or if you have recently been granted a 176 visa give us your timeline... PLEASE.

Good luck crowded house. x

Thanks. We got state sponsership in January. But we held off applying for the 176 visa because electricians were not on the skills list. We have to apply before the end of the year or state sponsership is cancelled. So just wanted to ask anyone if they knew what time scale we would be looking at and what group we fit into. Dont think General Electrician s are on Queenslands list at the minute! We have emailed the Visa people but they just cut and paste replys from the website, which is whats confusing us in the first place. We are not sure if having family on the gold coast (aunts, cousins, uncles) will help or speed up our application. :arghh:

hiya mate im a general electrician with qld ss were in group 3 if you applied before july the first 2010 your application will be finalised before end of 2011 , if you applied after july your application will be finalised within 3 years from date of application ,hope this helps:biggrin:

Thanks for the Simon

Do you mean apply for the visa before july or ss? Regards

• 5 months later...
Guest lauramartin27

Myself and my partner are just about ready to send off our application for a 175 Visa, I am a PE Teacher and so qualify under the SOL currently. We are obviously eager to move our application and the whole emigration process along and would like to know if anyone has any idea as to how long the Application may take to be processed. I am seeing alot of different responses based on Skills and Jobs etc so would like some advice on our circumstances please.

Thanks in advance

Laura

• 6 months later...
Guest liltman
I originally started this in migration issues but thought that i`d put the same one in each state so that you can all see whose heading where and get advice from people heading to the same state as you!

SO:

Names: Martin + Jo

Visa Type: 457

How far into process: 5 weeks in and counting.....

Job: Foreman in Construction

Where ya heading? Brisbane, Gold Coast - Coomera area..... :biggrin:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived